Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Woman trying to reserve a parking spot by standing in it - what would you do?

Woman trying to reserve a parking spot by standing in it - what would you do?

Old Sep 17th 2015, 5:11 am
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Woman trying to reserve a parking spot by standing in it - what would you do?

I used to have to do this when I was working as a labourer for a building firm in central London many years ago. Pick ups and drop offs were nigh on impossible.

Parking is a nightmare in many of the big cities here, but is there at least still an etiquette of first-come first-served, or are you one to put the bins out or get a buddy to stand in it:

Old Sep 17th 2015, 5:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woman trying to reserve a parking spot by standing in it - what would you do?

If I was the driver, I would just leave, not worth an altercation over. But the lady holding the spot is in the wrong I would think holding a parking spot isn't cool.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 12:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woman trying to reserve a parking spot by standing in it - what would you do?

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If I was the driver, I would just leave, not worth an altercation over. ....
This, every time. If in doubt, assume everyone in the US has a gun, and is prepared to use it.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 1:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
This, every time. If in doubt, assume everyone in the US has a gun, and is prepared to use it.
If you ran her over, that would no longer be a problem
Old Sep 17th 2015, 1:41 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

they're both off their rockers.
Honestly????? Reversing into a live human being?

I'd drive away even if the woman in the lycra is obviously not carrying a gun.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 1:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
If you ran her over, that would no longer be a problem
Curiously, you'd be on safer legal ground in many states if you got out of your vehicle and shot and killed her than if you ran over her and killed her.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 1:47 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Curiously, you'd be on safer legal ground in many states if you got out of your vehicle and shot and killed her than if you ran over her and killed her.
I didn't say anything about killing, just incapacitating .

The kind of self entitled twunt who thinks they have a right to save a parking space like that should be tied to the back of a car and dragged the length of I-90, though.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I didn't say anything about killing, just incapacitating. .....
Killing is necessary, otherwise she'd just sue you.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 2:26 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

I remember this happening years ago in the UK. I was a kid and it was getting near Christmas. The queue went all round the car park. Finally it was our turn and a middle aged woman got out of a car about 6 cars behind us and stood in the space. Fruit loop.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 2:36 pm
I have a comma problem

Killing is necessary, otherwise she'd just sue you.
Murica ...
Old Sep 17th 2015, 2:46 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

The screaming woman in the video is annoying, but I doubt that she is violating any laws by standing in a part of the street that just so happens to be a parking space. So while my sympathies are with the driver, the scales tip in favor of the shrieking nutcase with the attitude problem.

That, and it would be necessary to kill her and her entire family in order to avoid a lawsuit. That would require a lot of ammunition and probably isn't worth the mess. Probably.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 3:16 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
The screaming woman in the video is annoying, but I doubt that she is violating any laws by standing in a part of the street that just so happens to be a parking space. So while my sympathies are with the driver, the scales tip in favor of the shrieking nutcase with the attitude problem.

That, and it would be necessary to kill her and her entire family in order to avoid a lawsuit. That would require a lot of ammunition and probably isn't worth the mess. Probably.
But do you get to stand in front of a vehicle and yell: 'You're running me over! I'm calling the cops, I'm being run over!'
At some point... just let nature take its course.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 3:40 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
But do you get to stand in front of a vehicle and yell: 'You're running me over! I'm calling the cops, I'm being run over!'
I suppose that you may if you aren't violating any noise ordinances.

She really is irritating, but she's probably not doing anything illegal, which is what matters here. You can't threaten someone with your car just for being tedious.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 4:07 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

if you are not in a hurry - you could park in front of the space and just sit there too so she couldnt use it either - like a standoff!
Old Sep 17th 2015, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

You might be safer just rolling the window down. In some states getting out of your car instantly puts you in the wrong for escalating the situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.