From Windows to Mac

Old Sep 15th 2015, 11:15 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From Windows to Mac

I always find this comparison to be a bit laughable because a Mac is a PC. In fact, Dell and Apple both have their laptops made by the same Foxconn plant in China, or at least they did at one point.

You can load up Windows on a Mac. You can load up OpenBSD on a PC.

Apple at this point is basically a company that makes smartphones so shelling out money for their overpriced PCs seems like a waste of time to me. Just so you can have their version of OpenBSD and limit what types of software you can buy.

One of my relatives is an Apple fan and used to work for a very large IT company you will have heard of. Anyway, they have a "secret" dept at said company that takes apart competitors products. He did come away from that dept. somewhat chastened when they explained to him how badly he had been ripped off for something they make themselves and sell for half the price.

Now he tells me he uses Apples because the OS is a bit obscure so it protects him from viruses. Well... okay... or it could just be you're a poser.

Or another argument is that it is "thinner". Okay, yeah, their laptops are thinner than most of the competition. If that matters to you.

Don't equate iPhones with their PCs. The iPhone is innovative, their computers ceased to be a long time ago.