Why you should not move to Colorado

Why you should not move to Colorado

Old Aug 11th 2017, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why you should not move to Colorado

Old Aug 11th 2017, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

rbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why you should not move to Colorado

You really mean "Why you should not move to the top of Pikes Peak which is 2.5 miles above sea level"

I used to live in Colorado Springs you're not fooling anyone.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

It can snow here any month of the year. Has been a subject that has come up in many threads.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

rbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
It can snow here any month of the year. Has been a subject that has come up in many threads.
Oh yes that's right. I recall many a time having to put snow chains on when going up to the Eisenhower Tunnel in August
Old Aug 11th 2017, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

Obviously if you live down low it will not be such an issue.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 8:19 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Looks quite balmy compared to Mt Rainier at nearly the same elevation.
A summer pic...http://www.topozone.com/wp-content/u...ional-park.jpg
Old Aug 12th 2017, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Britexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond reputeBritexmom has a reputation beyond repute

We went to Colorado a couple of years ago during August, after spending a week in the Springs we went up to Keystone for the second week. There was still some residual snow at the top of the ski runs but it was starting to melt away.
On our fifth day my kids went on a horseback excursion, they went up the mountain side wearing shorts sleeve shirts and jeans. While they were up there it started snowing ! I felt like a crappy Mum when they came down shivering and wet.....how would I have known it would snow in freaking august . Lesson learned, be prepared for the unexpected when in Colorado .
Old Aug 12th 2017, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Britexmom
We went to Colorado a couple of years ago during August, after spending a week in the Springs we went up to Keystone for the second week. There was still some residual snow at the top of the ski runs but it was starting to melt away.
On our fifth day my kids went on a horseback excursion, they went up the mountain side wearing shorts sleeve shirts and jeans. While they were up there it started snowing ! I felt like a crappy Mum when they came down shivering and wet.....how would I have known it would snow in freaking august . Lesson learned, be prepared for the unexpected when in Colorado .
Just because it is now does not mean it will be in 10 minutes, was hoping to go over to Frisco but looks like it will not happen today.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 6:20 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Just because it is now does not mean it will be in 10 minutes, was hoping to go over to Frisco but looks like it will not happen today.
Snowing in S.F today. First time in living memory (climate change of course)