When in Rome...

Old Mar 21st 2014, 12:17 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When in Rome...

Typical disrespect for all our efforts, we don't expect thanks, you are not quite up to that yet, but a bit of politeness would not go amiss. We come over here, with not a thought to our own well being, all our thoughts are for you. And what we can do to make your lives better and more worthwhile.
Originally Posted by ellegiselle
The attitude ranges from mocking our language, our spelling, our culture,
well it needs a bit of mocking now doesn't it? be honest now, it is all a bit silly.
sticking up their nose at our food
...and a bit disgusting
feeling like they are clearly better than us.
Do you really think we should lie and pretend that we are not? honesty is the best policy. That's another value that we wish to give you. Honesty.
You are now the obnoxious tourists who don't observe local cultural norms and behave in a way that is less and less welcome. Either take it down a notch or go home.
But we are home, if you don't like what we have done to improve things and the bright new future that us being here will bring, well you might want to leave and find some other place with even less culture.
My husband is British and in recent years I have met more Brits in America than ever before......I mean are you truly shocked this country is different than England? At what point did you realize life here would be different??? If you think England is better-go back.
Oh dear, see what I mean about you lot being uncultured. Telling all those Scots and Welsh and Ulstermen to go to England.
One day you will thank us.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

When in Rome I always have some gelato..
Old Mar 21st 2014, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if we've forced her to crack a smile?
Old Mar 21st 2014, 12:29 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that we have met. Not sure which one you are, but are you that winy frump at my child's baseball practice who got all flustered when I told the coach to leave, and showed them how to run back and forth between two bases, a few parents tried to intervene and get back to playing in squares, but I wouldn't let them bully us. Or that whinging waitress who just couldn't get those fried potatoes and fish right, The customer is always right, don't you know even the basics of customer care? I gave up after ten attempts, ate and left, and you even complained about not getting a tip. Or that driver who had the balls to flag me down, because I was driving on the correct side of the road!!! You didn't see me honk or flash. I led by example. Anyway I am done with you, away with you!
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:00 am
Banned

ellegiselle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Wouldn't it be easier to just speak directly to your husband?
I'm going to respond to that by walking away abruptly and making a cup of tea.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Typical disrespect for all our efforts, we don't expect thanks, you are not quite up to that yet, but a bit of politeness would not go amiss. We come over here, with not a thought to our own well being, all our thoughts are for you. And what we can do to make your lives better and more worthwhile.

well it needs a bit of mocking now doesn't it? be honest now, it is all a bit silly.

...and a bit disgusting

Do you really think we should lie and pretend that we are not? honesty is the best policy. That's another value that we wish to give you. Honesty.

But we are home, if you don't like what we have done to improve things and the bright new future that us being here will bring, well you might want to leave and find some other place with even less culture.

Oh dear, see what I mean about you lot being uncultured. Telling all those Scots and Welsh and Ulstermen to go to England.
One day you will thank us.
Actually love I'm not referencing the Welsh or the Scots. There are all of 2 Welsh immigrants to the entire United States and the Scottish are a bit brighter than you lot and seem to know how to fit in and make loads of money off us. Take a lesson-yeah?
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

SATX John or the Middle East troll?
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:06 am
He/him

Actually love I'm not referencing the Welsh or the Scots. There are all of 2 Welsh immigrants to the entire United States and the Scottish are a bit brighter than you lot and seem to know how to fit in and make loads of money off us. Take a lesson-yeah?
But I am Scottish. In a recent poll on BE revealed that 79% of us are Scots.The other 21% are Welsh.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:07 am
Banned

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that we have met. Not sure which one you are, but are you that winy frump at my child's baseball practice who got all flustered when I told the coach to leave, and showed them how to run back and forth between two bases, a few parents tried to intervene and get back to playing in squares, but I wouldn't let them bully us. Or that whinging waitress who just couldn't get those fried potatoes and fish right, The customer is always right, don't you know even the basics of customer care? I gave up after ten attempts, ate and left, and you even complained about not getting a tip. Or that driver who had the balls to flag me down, because I was driving on the correct side of the road!!! You didn't see me honk or flash. I led by example. Anyway I am done with you, away with you!
Your child plays baseball? Mine play at the symphony. No don't think we've met. Keep trying though, you've almost said something witty!
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:09 am
Banned

But I am Scottish. In a recent poll on BE revealed that 79% of us are Scots.The other 21% are Welsh.
Do you know what being facetious means? I guess it would depend on if you were in the 21 or 70%
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:09 am
Banned

Do you know what being facetious means? I guess it would depend on if you were in the 21 or 70%
Dear me I meant 79% Butter fingers!
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MMcD
Wonder if we've forced her to crack a smile?
Yes. Now guess what I'm smiling about.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

But, in your rant, you talked about Brits.

Anyway, us Brits like to take the piss out of anything, including ourselves, and I know many Americans who don't quite get the satirical humour.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Now guess what I'm smiling about.
You enjoyed your cup of tea?

Tea is lovely, isn't it?
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
SATX John or the Middle East troll?
I'm not a troll. I am an American woman in the Pacific Northwest -one of the richest and most educated, liberal regions of the US and I've had it with the British ego. So I'm here to have a go at helping "you lot" take it down a notch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.