Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What State.do yeah up.live and what do you love/dislike

What State.do yeah up.live and what do you love/dislike

Old Feb 21st 2017, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What State.do yeah up.live and what do you love/dislike

Originally Posted by dc koop
Just living in California is great. California is really what the future world should look like. People of all races, religions and cultures living together peacefully and a liberal live and let live attitude
Agreed , apart from the water and affordability issues. The quakes are not a major problem in recent times.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Arizona. The only thing I really like is the weather during our so called 'winter'. Other than that it holds nothing for me especially on personal level.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Watching my little kid start whispering when he sees cougar signs. I am not a fan of the kid eating animals in the US.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 7:08 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
Agreed , apart from the water and affordability issues. The quakes are not a major problem in recent times.
Well it's either living with quakes or living with hurricanes, tornadoes and winter blizzards elsewhere. I know what I prefer.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Living in southern California, love the weather, hate the cost of living. I've no wish to go into LA, and can still see some hills and green space here, but I'm sure it won't be long until it's all concreted over.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 7:14 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
I live in Arizona. The only thing I really like is the weather during our so called 'winter'. Other than that it holds nothing for me especially on personal level.
Arizona has a lot of charm of it's own. I like the desert, the mesas, the openness of it all and the way the sun reflects lights and colors on those towering rocky peaks. Phoenix is as good a city as any and I always enjoy a day or two in Flagstaff or Prescott when passing through that State
Old Feb 21st 2017, 7:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by joto
Living in southern California, love the weather, hate the cost of living. I've no wish to go into LA, and can still see some hills and green space here, but I'm sure it won't be long until it's all concreted over.
I would recommend a guided bus tour of LA. There's a lot more to that city and it's history than you might imagine
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:05 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I am a USC but I moved to the State of Mississippi in June of 2016 to be with my husband in the home we purchased as a retirement home. I am originally from the State of New York.

Mississippi is one of the most bigoted and racial areas I have ever been to in my 68 years. There is no diversity here, no culture, and no decent shopping.

Lower New York State is surrounded with areas of beauty, i.e. woodlands, ocean, rivers and lakes for relaxation and exploration, museums of quality, theater, music, etc.

I utterly dislike Mississippi and if hubby dies before me, I will be out of here as soon as he is cremated, the house packed up and listed with a real estate agent. I will return to the NE, preferably to a town north of

New York City or in the Finger Lakes region of the State.
Funny! Reminds me of those bumper stickers you see in Atlanta. If you love (heart shape) NY, take I-85 North!
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:10 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

California - I love that I'm within easy reach of the incredible natural beauty of both the Pacific Coast and the Sierra Nevadas. Love the diversity of the people. Love love love love the city of San Francisco.

Hate - the cost of living, the drought (although this winter seems to have put paid to that!)
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:16 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Oregon - mountains, sea and once out of the Portland Metro area low density of population.

Dislike - metro liberals who think they are the only ones entitled to an opinion, and any opinion that differs from theirs is wrong. Especially those inbreeds from California.

Like - above liberals who just about self ignite at the mere mention of anything they disagree with. Great fun winding them up, even when I agree with them. SIL is the best example just a hint of the T word and she winds herself up until she almost explodes.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:46 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
..... SIL is the best example just a hint of the T word and she winds herself up until she almost explodes.

That reminds me, I need to get a nice MAGA flag for the porch before the in-laws visit again.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Best things about Arizona...no mosquitos, no humidity, no natural disasters, beautiful winter weather.

Worst thing...110+ temps for days on end in the summer! But it's a dry heat! LOL

Rene
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Illinois. I like the food. Don't like the 55mph interstate speed limits in the Chicago area. 70 or GTFO.

It's also very flat and boring, and it snows. That's shite too.
Worst: We seem to be in a state (sic) of near bankruptcy

Good: (Northern Illinois) The Food and Beer, We have Lake Michigan on our doorstep meaning we'll probably never have to worry about water shortages and can go to the beach

We're a long way from S. Illinois

Last edited by dave2702; Feb 21st 2017 at 10:13 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hate doing my taxes, the UK tax system was much less labour intensive.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Californinia. I like the fact it's not populated by god fearing, abortion hating, trump voting creationists drinking 3.2% Budweiser. Has fantastic scenery too. Hate the house prices.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.