Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What have you done that has made you feel better about yourself...

What have you done that has made you feel better about yourself...

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 11:26 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What have you done that has made you feel better about yourself...

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
..... This guy tells me that I need "bulbs" replacing because the pressure is a bit low and the bill will be $700. .... I don't think so.
And he charges that much because experience tells him that is what most people will pay!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Going back to College.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 6:13 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

I completed an MBA degree from an elite school (begins with a "K", in Chicago) last year while working full time as the sole earner in my family. Side accomplishment: my employer paid for it (significant given that the aggregate cost approached $150K and that my company only pays fully for 5-10 MBAs TOTAL a year across an employee base of ~15,000 people). Also, the program was totally worth the time invested, I never felt I was wasting my time.

Getting that diploma felt really, really good.

Not having a student loan at the end: even better.

Last edited by Hiro11; Oct 4th 2017 at 6:18 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 9:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I was sympathetic when my son called Sunday to say his mother had had a heart attack. Made me feel at nearly 70 I was mellowing with old age.
First time I read this I thought 'who the hell named him Sunday' and then I read it again.

I stopped listening to my mother when my husband got fed up of me taking every fricking negative word she spouted to heart. Took a long time but I got there.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

- sounding myself with positive people, not negative ones.
- getting remarried and having lots of sex with the new wife
- new haircut
- working out frequently
Old Oct 5th 2017, 4:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I started a degree more than a year ago, studying full time alongside full time work and doing okay. Most of the other students are younger than my youngest spark.
When I went to uni, one chap started at 64. He was fab. Worked a tin mine as a kid in Cornwall and was a riot.

The missus, when she did her masters, there was one chap in his 70's who was doing it for the giggles.

What we've done, is take up curling. Even got the fancy shoes and touch wood, haven't fallen on my face, yet. Can almost slide around without looking like a drunk, after getting up from sliding a rock.

We're going to be in our second tournament this weekend and this one is quite large. I don't expect us to progress to the knock out stages, but the last tournament had a team from Virginia and another from Canada come down. Admittedly, one was holidaying in the Boston area and the other was holidaying in Maine and stopped by on the way home, but still. We helped organise that one.

One thing that hasn't been better, since moving across town is not walking the kids to school. I miss that. It was quite nice. Just a little far for the kids now.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 5:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I completed an MBA degree from an elite school (begins with a "K", in Chicago) last year while working full time as the sole earner in my family. Side accomplishment: my employer paid for it (significant given that the aggregate cost approached $150K and that my company only pays fully for 5-10 MBAs TOTAL a year across an employee base of ~15,000 people). Also, the program was totally worth the time invested, I never felt I was wasting my time.

Getting that diploma felt really, really good.

Not having a student loan at the end: even better.
Congratulations.

My husband did the same when we lived in the UK. Upon graduating his employer said they would reimburse the fees...gave him a large salary increase too.