Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What gig are you going to?

What gig are you going to?

Old Mar 14th 2018, 12:59 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What gig are you going to?

Originally Posted by markonline1
Really want to go and see ELO at Oakland in August, but the Mrs doesn’t share my enthusiasm. I’m gonna keep working on her though.
Could you go by yourself? I'd happily go see ELO on my own
Old Mar 14th 2018, 2:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Tickets for LA sold out within 2 minutes of the presale. All tickets have names printed of, distributed 72 hours before the show and credit card matching name on ticket to be shown at entrance. Like that they’re doing that, hopefully I at least missed out to real fans rather than touts.
Radiohead, yes...Arctic Monkeys...not so much. They sidelined a year or so ago at the Garden and it was barely quarter full. They do fill out smaller venues like the House of Blues, which is a great place to see them....but it's nearly the whole of the Boston Brits group who go, it would seem
Old Mar 14th 2018, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...e-paris-london

Kylie Minogue review – sequins swapped for double denim in fascinating reinvention
Old Mar 14th 2018, 3:19 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Radiohead, yes...Arctic Monkeys...not so much. They sidelined a year or so ago at the Garden and it was barely quarter full. They do fill out smaller venues like the House of Blues, which is a great place to see them....but it's nearly the whole of the Boston Brits group who go, it would seem
I might be coming to Boston then. I was talking about the AMs. We managed to get tickets for the AM tour, but that was 4 years ago now. I imagine they’ll add more dates, hopefully including No Cal, but I would have gone to LAif I’d been able to get the tickets.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 4:21 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
I've hardly seen any bands this year, but next year is looking a bit better...

Got 2 in February - Vonda Shepard and then The Fisherman's Friends at my local small theatre (Tivoli in Wimborne for those that know Dorset).

Joan Baez at the Albert Hall in May as part of her farewell tour.

Catching another final tour - Runrig are retiring after 40 years - seeing them at the Hammersmith Apollo in June.

The Proclaimers are touring next year too - shall probably catch them.
Not to sound old or anything, but I saw Joan Baez at the Albert Hall in 1965!

Snagged two tickets for Elton John in March 2019 in Columbia, SC. Third to last appearance in US.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Forget those slick acts this is the best gig around:
Toy pianos take center stage at UCSD festival - The San Diego Union-Tribune
Old Mar 14th 2018, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Tickets for LA sold out within 2 minutes of the presale. All tickets have names printed of, distributed 72 hours before the show and credit card matching name on ticket to be shown at entrance. Like that they’re doing that, hopefully I at least missed out to real fans rather than touts.
I was looking at ELO in Inglewood (thanks Mark!) and found literally hundreds, if not thousands, of tickets already on resale for an August concert. True, still plenty of brand new tickets too but the resale ones were going for ~25% more than face value already it seems.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 5:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I might be coming to Boston then. I was talking about the AMs. We managed to get tickets for the AM tour, but that was 4 years ago now. I imagine they’ll add more dates, hopefully including No Cal, but I would have gone to LAif I’d been able to get the tickets.
At TD Garden, you'll have no problems getting a ticket to see them

Not a bad time of year for a visit either
Old Mar 15th 2018, 9:33 pm
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute

So the list so far for this year, David Bryne, Roger Daltrey (not the Who, saw them last year), Jack White, ZZ top and John Fogerty. Also Rochester has a Jazz Festival in June, so we have a 9 day pass for that - will be fun
Old Mar 16th 2018, 5:24 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
At TD Garden, you'll have no problems getting a ticket to see them

Not a bad time of year for a visit either
Tickets went on general sale for LA this morning, after sitting in the 'line' I was excited when the screen popped up to buy tickets. Only to see the actual tickets were all sold out, but I could buy parking for $20

Travel plans for the summer are up in the air until daughters competition schedule is finalized. Can't commit to flying to the East coast right now. I'll wait and hopefully more local dates will be added.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

'Postmodern Jukebox' in April for the boss and me.
Only the second gig we've been to and it's another sit down. Must be showing my age, the last stand up I went to was a Paul Weller gig in Plymouth, memorable because I had a set to with a drunk...
Old Mar 19th 2018, 9:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Not that I'm going, but quite amused that the rescheduled Liam Gallagher gig was posted, for April and November...only for most people to miss that it's for 2019
Old Dec 18th 2018, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw Sparks. Fantastic.
Also Arctic Monkeys at Hollywood Bowl.

Coming up in 019

Kooks

Snow Patrol
James Bay
Chemical Brothers
Jess Glynne
Ariana Grande
Hugh Jackman at Hollywood Bowl

Last edited by Hotscot; Dec 18th 2018 at 8:36 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Went to see Manchester Orchestra at a small gig back in the summer, those lads are keen, they did a non-stop high energy set for just over three hours, thought they were going to keep going until dawn!!
Angling for tickets to go see the Driveby Truckers in February.

I see Fisherman's Friends have been a topic in the past, I saw them in 2011, original pre-accident group, that was a great night.
Old Dec 19th 2018, 1:11 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Knopfler's coming to Chicago in September

My ability to go depending on if I can spare the money for a ticket of course but we won't worry about that just yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.