Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What gig are you going to?

What gig are you going to?

Old Nov 9th 2017, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Phyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What gig are you going to?

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Saw Guns-N-Roses last night. I had a pit ticket, so was right up there , bout 9 feet from Axl. Show was bloody terrific; a lot of it having to do with how close I was. 3½ hour show.
I saw them earlier this summer in Hershey. My only regret was not paying more for a ticket closer to the stage, great show.

Just got my tickets for the Foo Fighters in Philly next summer.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 2:25 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I always heard that post-Slash GnR was kind of hit and miss. You'd either get an excellent show, or Axl would act like a huge diva and ruin the entire thing for everyone
Old Nov 9th 2017, 3:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... I want to see AC/DC but they aren't touring .....
I saw AC/DC last summer (2016), as I wanted to see them fronted by Axel Rose and I suspected that it was a one tour deal for him. It was a very good show, and it was the first time I had bought a ticket to see AC/DC for the primary purpose of seeing AC/DC. I saw them back in the late 80's, but I primarily wanted to see Dokken supporting.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Phyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I always heard that post-Slash GnR was kind of hit and miss. You'd either get an excellent show, or Axl would act like a huge diva and ruin the entire thing for everyone
I had this fear when I first got my ticket. Good job Slash is on this tour.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 4:27 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phyzz
I had this fear when I first got my ticket. Good job Slash is on this tour.
Ah, he may be keeping him straight, then. Good times.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phyzz
I saw them earlier this summer in Hershey. My only regret was not paying more for a ticket closer to the stage, great show.

Just got my tickets for the Foo Fighters in Philly next summer.
If you are going to see a band, the only way to see them is up close. No point in going to a concert and sitting way back; when you can only see them on the big screen.Solider Field (Chicago) is huge, and some of those seats must be 150+meters away.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 3:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

If you are going to see a band, the only way to see them is up close. No point in going to a concert and sitting way back; when you can only see them on the big screen.Solider Field (Chicago) is huge, and some of those seats must be 150+meters away.
I agree, with the caveat that some shows with a standing area in front of the stage, are ruined by a group of idiots who want to mosh or crowd-surf. When that happens I aim to be just beyond the idiot zone.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

San Francisco Symphony tonight... that's a gig, right?

Last edited by Giantaxe; Nov 10th 2017 at 4:30 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 4:13 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
San Francisco Symphony tonight... that's gig, right?
I think that counts. Hope it's good, I like a bit of classical music now and then.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I think that counts. Hope it's good, I like a bit of classical music now and then.
We are very fortunate to have Michael Tilson Thomas as conductor. He is truly brilliant. He's just announced he's retiring in 2020 and he will be hard to replace.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 4:19 pm
I have a comma problem

We are very fortunate to have Michael Tilson Thomas as conductor. He is truly brilliant. He's just announced he's retiring in 2020 and he will be hard to replace.
You know, now you come to mention this concert, the Chicago Symphony is something I should really go and see.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You know, now you come to mention this concert, the Chicago Symphony is something I should really go and see.
You should - they have a pretty good reputation too. I am "equal opportunity" when it comes to live music. I go to both the symphony and opera here in San Francisco, but I also go to a few rock and other concerts a year.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 4:31 pm
I have a comma problem

You should - they have a pretty good reputation too. I am "equal opportunity" when it comes to live music. I go to both the symphony and opera here in San Francisco, but I also go to a few rock and other concerts a year.
Might be something worth taking my daughter to as well. The closest we came was going to see The Nutcracker locally a couple of years ago, but she did enjoy that.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

I've hardly seen any bands this year, but next year is looking a bit better...

Got 2 in February - Vonda Shepard and then The Fisherman's Friends at my local small theatre (Tivoli in Wimborne for those that know Dorset).

Joan Baez at the Albert Hall in May as part of her farewell tour.

Catching another final tour - Runrig are retiring after 40 years - seeing them at the Hammersmith Apollo in June.

The Proclaimers are touring next year too - shall probably catch them.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 5:01 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the right place to say that I got Hamilton tickets for Seattle, when they went on sale on Monday?
I had to sneak in to the corridor at work and buy them on the phone at the appointed hour.
Now I have got the words from "Misbehaving" by the Nobel prize winning Economist in my head about how I perhaps should value them based on potential sale cost rather than on purchase cost.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.