Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What gig are you going to?

What gig are you going to?

Old Nov 7th 2017, 1:46 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What gig are you going to?

Squeeze in a few weeks at The Vic in Chicago.
Can't wait! =)
Old Nov 7th 2017, 1:58 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Was that in 94/95 for the PULSE tour? Jealous either way, but PULSE is one of my favourite live albums.
Not quite, 1980 The wall. On Summer leave from the Royal Navy.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 2:15 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by excpomea
Not quite, 1980 The wall. On Summer leave from the Royal Navy.
Still good, of course. Earl's Court plus Pink Floyd for me always leads to PULSE

Had they started doing Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety live back then, or was that a post-Waters thing?
Old Nov 7th 2017, 2:46 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Was that in 94/95 for the PULSE tour? Jealous either way, but PULSE is one of my favourite live albums.
Despite my eternal love being Dark Side of the Moon, being in Mexico City and hearing them do Shine on you Crazy Diamond in 1994 was pretty fantastic. At least I think it was 94.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 2:56 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Despite my eternal love being Dark Side of the Moon, being in Mexico City and hearing them do Shine on you Crazy Diamond in 1994 was pretty fantastic. At least I think it was 94.
Shine On was the opening song for that tour (as it was for the 1987 tour after Momentary Lapse of Reason came out I think). What a way to start a show.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 2:59 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Shine On was the opening song for that tour (as it was for the 1987 tour after Momentary Lapse of Reason came out I think). What a way to start a show.
And I was so far away, in every possible sense, from where I first heard that song and yet here were all these people in that very different place who had listened to the same music I had growing up and been moved by it. Music is like that.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I saw both the '87 tour and '94 Pulse tour in the US. Plus in England in.... 76! '94 was amazing, seats on the grass of the baseball stadium in Oakland close to the stage. Best rendition of Comfortably Numb I've heard.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

And I was so far away, in every possible sense, from where I first heard that song and yet here were all these people in that very different place who had listened to the same music I had growing up and been moved by it. Music is like that.
It is. I was in a bar in Nicaragua a couple of years ago. There was a band playing Spanish songs and then as an encore they played Wish You Were Here. The whole flippin' bar was singing it. It was really quite moving and brought tears to my eyes.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 3:15 pm
I have a comma problem

It really is. Nigh on impossible to explain why as well, but it is.

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I saw both the '87 tour and '94 Pulse tour in the US. Plus in England in.... 76! '94 was amazing, seats on the grass of the baseball stadium in Oakland close to the stage. Best rendition of Comfortably Numb I've heard.
It was outstanding. David Gilmour is an expert at crafting a solo that is as much about the notes he doesn't play as the ones he does.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 5:08 pm
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute

So slightly changing the subject of Pulse etc, I went to see Nik Turners Hawkwind the other day - found out he was playing by accident. Very bizarre and a great trip down memory lane. Although he wasn't as loud as the Hawkwind concerts I went to in UK and much smaller venue.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 5:41 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by becks_r
So slightly changing the subject of Pulse etc, I went to see Nik Turners Hawkwind the other day - found out he was playing by accident. Very bizarre and a great trip down memory lane. Although he wasn't as loud as the Hawkwind concerts I went to in UK and much smaller venue.

Was Stacia there?
Old Nov 9th 2017, 1:20 am
Back in US & happy!

becks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond reputebecks_r has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Was Stacia there?
No - and I found out afterwards that Nik Turner isn't supposed to use the name Hawkwind! I think if Stacia has let herself go as much as Nik has, it wouldn't be a pretty sight if she got up and did the types of dance she used to do!
Old Nov 9th 2017, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Guns-N-Roses last night. I had a pit ticket, so was right up there , bout 9 feet from Axl. Show was bloody terrific; a lot of it having to do with how close I was. 3½ hour show.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 3:12 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Saw Guns-N-Roses last night. I had a pit ticket, so was right up there , bout 9 feet from Axl. Show was bloody terrific; a lot of it having to do with how close I was. 3½ hour show.
I am already regretting not going to see them when they were down here in August.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I am already regretting not going to see them when they were down here in August.
As I got my PIt ticket on the day of the concert, I paid less than face-value. The guy standing next to me paid over $650 and the couple in front paid about $880 for 2 tickets. I bought mine through a 3rd party reselling service; ticket was $235 and fees were $90.

I saw them in Milwaukee last night. Saw in Chicago in 2016. Truly the best concert Ive been too. Sound and energy was terrific. The gunners were really trying to give their best. $325 bucks for a 3 1/2 show standing within a few feet of them is truly worth it.

By the way folks: be very very wary of buying tickets on Craigslist. Last year a guy on Chicago's Craigslist advertised a floor ticket. So I call him up, head over and wait for him in the designated parking lot, and wait for him, and wait for him , and wait some more. He keeps texting me he will come soon, but after over an hour of waiting I said eff it and head to Solider Field to buy a ticket from a scalper. The lady standing next to me yesterday, said she lost about $600 on a Craigslist scammer selling GNR tickets. Which is why I decided to pay extra and go with a reputable national reseller that has a storefront in Milwaukee.

I want to see AC/DC but they aren't touring Kicking myself for not seeing Linkin Park and Tom Petty when they were close-by.

For those of you who can make it, go see GnR in Houston on the 10th. Not too late for tickets, and in my expereince you get the best deals in the last minute because people not able to make and it and online scalpers with unsold tickets will tryto cut their losses

Last edited by Boomhauer; Nov 9th 2017 at 4:39 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.