Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

What gig are you going to?

What gig are you going to?

Old Jan 12th 2017, 8:44 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What gig are you going to?

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
you have to buy the U2 subscription from U2.com. Then you get a code to use when you buy from ticket master.
No, ticketmaster announced this morning that you could buy the subscription along with your tickets.

Just logged back in and tried again, got 3 tickets straight away. Guess it was just the volume this morning that was throwing it out. Don't know if it's the same at all the venues, but for the San Jose one, I have to swipe my credit card at the entrance to get the tickets. Guess that stops people selling them on for crazy amounts of money.

Who is supporting U2 at your venue? looks like it's changing throughout the tour, we get Mumford and Sons.

Also, got my Green Day tickets. They are being supported by Catfish and the Bottlemen, which I'm quite excited about too.

Well, that was an expensive 15 minutes.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 8:58 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
No, ticketmaster announced this morning that you could buy the subscription along with your tickets.

Just logged back in and tried again, got 3 tickets straight away. Guess it was just the volume this morning that was throwing it out. Don't know if it's the same at all the venues, but for the San Jose one, I have to swipe my credit card at the entrance to get the tickets. Guess that stops people selling them on for crazy amounts of money.

Who is supporting U2 at your venue? looks like it's changing throughout the tour, we get Mumford and Sons.

Also, got my Green Day tickets. They are being supported by Catfish and the Bottlemen, which I'm quite excited about too.

Well, that was an expensive 15 minutes.
Excellent!!

We've got the Lumineers (???) supporting U2. I also have to swipe my credit card at the entrance. Better not lose it!

I am so excited about this!!
Old Jan 12th 2017, 9:02 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent!!

We've got the Lumineers (???) supporting U2. I also have to swipe my credit card at the entrance. Better not lose it!

The Lumineers are pretty good. Kind of folky, almost like an American Mumford and Sons, if you like that sort of thing. One or two of their songs have been used in ads, I think, so you might recognise them if you heard them.

Old Jan 12th 2017, 9:05 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent!!

Oh cool, I like the Lumineers, I think I'd sooner have them than Mumford. Although I'll probably enjoy them too. I love live music, I'm quite happy to see anyone really.

This will be my daughters first standing gig, so that could be interesting. She's got elbows like razor blades though, so I'm sure she'll be alright.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 9:13 pm

I'm on a roll now. New Order tickets at The Greek in Berkeley for April.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

rbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on a roll now. New Order tickets at The Greek in Berkeley for April.
I'm almost tempted to fly to New York and seem them there in April too. My favorite band ever
Old Jan 13th 2017, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

rbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rbackhouse
I'm almost tempted to fly to New York and seem them there in April too. My favorite band ever
The tempting worked. Going to see them at Radio City Music Hall in April
Old Jan 13th 2017, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen U2 twice in San Jose including a couple of years ago. So I am going to pass this time and got tickets to see the SF Symphony with the Chinese pianist Lang Lang. A rather different concert!
Old Jan 13th 2017, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Marc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond reputeMarc_ely has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the subscription tip.
We're going to U2 in Pasadena now :-)
My favourite ever album. Excited!!!
Old Jan 13th 2017, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by rbackhouse
The tempting worked. Going to see them at Radio City Music Hall in April
Excellent 😁

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I've seen U2 twice in San Jose including a couple of years ago. So I am going to pass this time and got tickets to see the SF Symphony with the Chinese pianist Lang Lang. A rather different concert!
Not much difference 😄

Originally Posted by Marc_ely
Thanks for the subscription tip.
We're going to U2 in Pasadena now :-)
My favourite ever album. Excited!!!
I don't think I would have bothered to see them if this was just a regular tour. The fact that it's this album makes all the difference.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 12:57 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I would have bothered to see them if this was just a regular tour. The fact that it's this album makes all the difference.[/QUOTE]

I know it's THIS album which I love. Although I hate to say that I still have WAR and BOY on vinyl from when I bought them as a teenager.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 3:32 pm

Giddily excited, Radiohead tickets go on sale on Friday. They are playing 2 nights in Berkeley so hopefully I'll be able to get some. Can't see any pre-codes at the moment though.
Old Jan 20th 2017, 6:08 pm

Giddily excited, Radiohead tickets go on sale on Friday. They are playing 2 nights in Berkeley so hopefully I'll be able to get some. Can't see any pre-codes at the moment though.
Pissed off, tickets sold out within 30 seconds. I'd been logged in from 8am on different devices, no luck anywhere. Instantly on the scalping sites for at least 3 times face value.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Richard Ashcroft this week in L.A.
Absolutely fantastic. His singing, his band, the energy, the soul.
Ended with Bittersweet Symphony.

One to remember.

Next. Blondie and Garbage double bill in Santa Barbara.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Royksopp in Oakland is next for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.