British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   What gig are you going to? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/what-gig-you-going-832274/)

N1cky Apr 26th 2014 6:28 am

What gig are you going to?

Saw the thread on the Pink Floyd tribute act, and thought it would be interesting to see what gigs people are going to.

We're off too see Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in July and Echo and the Bunnymen in August. Also considering picking up some tickets to see The Eels, all at different venues in San Francisco

Macca67 Apr 26th 2014 2:14 pm

Re: What gig are you going to?

Summerfest has a decent line up this year. Hoping to catch Arctic Monkeys, New Order, Cowboy Mouth, Foy Vance and Trombone Shorty.

yellowroom Apr 26th 2014 2:35 pm

elbow in DC in a couple of weeks.

Alan17 Apr 26th 2014 3:03 pm

Going to see Mike Peters (of the Alarm) tonight

cluedweasel Apr 26th 2014 4:12 pm

(What's left of) Queen and Adam Lambert in San Jose and Las Vegas.

Hotscot Apr 26th 2014 4:52 pm

I saw all of Queen back in the 80's

Just been to London Grammar, San Fermin, Chvrches, Ellie Goulding.

Next it's Christina Perri, Birdy and Fitz and the Tantrums.

May have to consider the Eels also.

Dodgykeeps Apr 26th 2014 5:06 pm

Seen The National, Chvrches and Grouplove in the last month
Got tickets for Passenger yesterday.

So many others I want to see - that's the problem with LA - everyone plays here!

civilservant Apr 26th 2014 8:41 pm

James Blunt in Atlanta, 8th May

Sheepdip Apr 26th 2014 8:58 pm

Eddie Izzard in Charlotte (does that count as a gig?) and Elvis Costello in Atlanta. We're lucky to see anything at all in Columbia!

MsElui Apr 27th 2014 2:47 am

nothing planned right now, last things we saw in Ohio was the Sting/Elvis Costello tour, and Billy Joel.

tonrob Apr 27th 2014 11:48 am

How does everyone find out about who's playing?

I've found Pollstar ok but was wondering whether there are any other sites that are better?

While I've been to several gigs since I moved here, they're few and far between as I'm out in the sticks and Boston's a bit of a hike on a school night.

A quick check of Pollstar reveals that Diarrhea Planet are playing near me soon. Never heard of them though, and to be honest they do sound a bit shit. :unsure:

mandpete Apr 27th 2014 12:29 pm

Eddie Izzard, Newark, May 7. Elbow, Philly, May 13. Bruno Mars, Hershey Park in July. Arcade Fire, Brooklyn in August. Brian Ferry, Philly suburbs in October. Amex sends us early notifications about upcoming concerts.

yellowroom Apr 27th 2014 3:24 pm

Generally I'm on the mailing lists of the artists I like seeing live, so I get notification that way, plus usual emails from ticketmaster and local venues etc

N1cky Apr 27th 2014 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Macca67 (Post 11235244)
Summerfest has a decent line up this year. Hoping to catch Arctic Monkeys, New Order, Cowboy Mouth, Foy Vance and Trombone Shorty.

I love Arctic Monkeys, saw them last year, they were amazing.

Originally Posted by Dodgykeeps (Post 11235379)
Seen The National, Chvrches and Grouplove in the last month
Got tickets for Passenger yesterday.

So many others I want to see - that's the problem with LA - everyone plays here!

It's the same here, SF/Oakland get everyone. I can't afford to go see everyone if like to. How were the National? Love their stuff, but wondered how they would be live with their material not exactly being upbeat.

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 11235589)
Eddie Izzard in Charlotte (does that count as a gig?) and Elvis Costello in Atlanta. We're lucky to see anything at all in Columbia!

Of course it does. Saw him in a huge arena a few years ago, he was good, although I'm not a fan of comedy in arenas. Hope you are seeing him somewhere smaller

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 11236169)
How does everyone find out about who's playing?

I've found Pollstar ok but was wondering whether there are any other sites that are better?

While I've been to several gigs since I moved here, they're few and far between as I'm out in the sticks and Boston's a bit of a hike on a school night.

A quick check of Pollstar reveals that Diarrhea Planet are playing near me soon. Never heard of them though, and to be honest they do sound a bit shit. :unsure:

Ticketmaster and AXS mainly, I have loads of favorites added, so I get advance warning when they announce a concert in the area.

Dodgykeeps Apr 27th 2014 4:08 pm

Songkick is pretty good. You can track your favourite artists and also search by location