Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

How to research UK bookies odds?

How to research UK bookies odds?

Old Oct 29th 2020, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Richard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really nice
Default How to research UK bookies odds?

I know by law, we can't place a bet from the US.

However, I'd like to find out the odds UK bookmakers would offer on some US political outcomes.

NOT the forthcoming presidential election, but the chances of 'Person X' being President (with 'Person Y' as Vice President) by say 2022 and/or 2025.

Depending on the odds, my brother in the UK might just place a bet.

PLEASE keep any answers on topic, and let's not get into mud slinging re individuals. Thanks
Old Oct 29th 2020, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to research UK bookies odds?

Originally Posted by Richard92024
I know by law, we can't place a bet from the US.

However, I'd like to find out the odds UK bookmakers would offer on some US political outcomes.

NOT the forthcoming presidential election, but the chances of 'Person X' being President (with 'Person Y' as Vice President) by say 2022 and/or 2025.

Depending on the odds, my brother in the UK might just place a bet.

PLEASE keep any answers on topic, and let's not get into mud slinging re individuals. Thanks

He's best off phoning a bookie and asking, I don't think it's something they offer as standard.i remember looking some time ago at x leader becoming party leader then MP to no avail.

Old Oct 29th 2020, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Richard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really niceRichard92024 is just really nice

Thanks for your reply.
It would be easier for me to make those phone calls from the US.
I wonder how the whole thing works - obviously whoever answers the phone at even the big boys (Ladbrokes etc) wouldn't be able to give odds off the top of their heads.
Maybe there's a way to put it in writing, but how to get it to the right department?
Old Oct 29th 2020, 10:33 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Google William Hill and US Elections and you get a number of options. Your brother can look at it in the UK and tell you what the odds are.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

They will not give you a price "off the top of their heads". They will check on the bookmaker's own website
Old Oct 30th 2020, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Can you not set up a VPN to access UK bookies websites?
Old Oct 30th 2020, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're wanting some complex contingent bet then probably calling or tweeting a bookmaker would be easiest.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Location: from Yorkshire, via Hampshire and Surrey to NC Triangle
mommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to all

What happens is the head odds honchos come back to you with odds if they’re willing to take the bet that is not listed.
When I worked in the system the only thing you couldn’t do was to place a negative bet.
You will need a closing date, eg. before midnight GMT 31/12/2022 as vague things like 2022 were not permitted and there is a time zone difference of course.
good luck

Old Oct 30th 2020, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, yes, that makes sense.
Any idea how I actually get my odds request to the right person/department at a bookies?
Old Oct 30th 2020, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Location: from Yorkshire, via Hampshire and Surrey to NC Triangle
mommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to allmommapudding is a name known to all

Any shop is in constant contact with their regional and head office, as they need permission to lay certain bets and keep them informed of some activities.
I’d get your brother to go ask at the counter, he may have to go back the next day or so to get an answer.