UK TV Programs

Old Sep 20th 2012, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV Programs

We watched Good Cop last night after the recommendation of you lovely people on B.E. It's brilliant and we actually ended up watching two episodes back to back and staying up far too late for a school night.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 1:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
We watched Good Cop last night after the recommendation of you lovely people on B.E. It's brilliant and we actually ended up watching two episodes back to back and staying up far too late for a school night.
Did the first episode remind you of the incident that happened in Manchester this week?
Old Sep 20th 2012, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Did the first episode remind you of the incident that happened in Manchester this week?
Yes eerily, creepily so. Also I found myself thinking why doesnt he (good cop) just shoot him / them before remembering that of course they dont carry back home.

Wonder if those two lady cops would still be alive if cops were armed back home? Its not something I'd advocate though, just seems to lead to an escalation of violence through out society.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 7:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
Yes eerily, creepily so. Also I found myself thinking why doesnt he (good cop) just shoot him / them before remembering that of course they dont carry back home.

Wonder if those two lady cops would still be alive if cops were armed back home? Its not something I'd advocate though, just seems to lead to an escalation of violence through out society.
Although I don't agree with people having guns...I do think cops should be armed. It must be dreadful to have to go into some areas with a plastic stick to protect yourself with.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

From what I hear, Good Cop has been pulled because of what happened in Manchester so they won't be showing the final episode.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

According to the BBC site for the programme, "postponed".

I hope they do show it at some point in the future to finish off the story, but I can understand waiting for the moment.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 3:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Southy_SWFC
From what I hear, Good Cop has been pulled because of what happened in Manchester so they won't be showing the final episode.
It was about the attack of a police woman. Due to the murder of 2 police women in Manchester last week the episode has been pulled for /the time being. Bummer that only 4 episodes have been made. I hope a second series will be made.

Edit: Sorry yellowroom I didn't see your post when I posted the above.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 23rd 2012 at 3:41 am.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 12:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowroom
According to the BBC site for the programme, "postponed".

I hope they do show it at some point in the future to finish off the story, but I can understand waiting for the moment.
When they postponed the Vera episode for something similar about the solider who was murdered, they ended up airing it about 2-3 weeks later.

Anyway....so Merlin, put a trailer out, anyone still following it? Without the dragon, not so much point to watching it...the little one loved the dragon and would pop out to watch him flap around a bit.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 2:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

The Paradise Another period drama series...set in the 19th century. About a country girl who takes a job in a glamorous department store in a booming Victorian city (Newcastle).
Old Sep 26th 2012, 3:20 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Room at the Top tonight's pick of the day, looks good too. It has Theo James (Mr. Pamuk of Downton fame) in one of the lesser roles.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/zh...top--episode-1
Old Sep 26th 2012, 4:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Revealed, The Man Who Stopped WW3

The story of how Soviet naval officer Vasili Arkhipov averted a catastrophic war on October 27, 1962, when the Cuban missile crisis was at its height. The submarine on which he worked had been surrounded by American craft, which then launched depth charges to drive it to the surface. Its captain, who could not contact his superiors in Moscow, feared a war had begun, and decided to fire the submarine's deadliest weapon - a torpedo carrying a nuclear payload. However, to launch it, he required the consent of his fellow senior officers - leaving chief of staff Arkhipov facing a terrifying dilemma. The programme features reconstructions of events from the day, as well as an interview with Arkhipov's widow.
It's a really interesting story...and the missus was in a class with one of the junior officers who was in the Royal Navy, who was keeping an ear out at the scene about this sort of stuff.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 4:40 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Peep Show - November 9th
Old Sep 26th 2012, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Was there no EastEnders last night? Can't seem to find it on TheBox.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 1:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Anyone catch Homefront? A bit like the US series The Unit.

One scene shows a whitewashed pub called The Ring O' Bells...it's an old haunt of mine in Frodsham, Cheshire. Anyway...that's the pub where Daniel Craig spent the first years of his life.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 3:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Not noticed it before I don't think, but sounds interesting.

Had heard of a movie with the same name with Jason Stratham though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.