UK TV Programs

Old Sep 10th 2012, 12:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV Programs

Scapegoat...one off drama...also looks interesting. An adaptation of Daphne du Maurier's classic novel. 2 men who look identical but are very different.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

A Mothers Son....what a fantastic, gripping, yet chilling 2 parter, with Martin Clunes.

Really enjoyed that...so basically a girl is murdered in a small town and some of the story focuses on the murder hunt, but the other focus is on the family where the mother thinks that it might have been her son.

Anyway, another new show on ITV, The Scapegoat.

It does sound a bit like the Geller show, where this guy is a spitting image and after a chance encounter, wakes up and mistaken as that person, so takes on his life, who happens to be an aristocrat, yet no one else realises.

Sounds a little silly, but possibly worth a punt.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Scapegoat...one off drama...also looks interesting. An adaptation of Daphne du Maurier's classic novel. 2 men who look identical but are very different.
Didn't realise it was based off of a novel...would possibly make more sense. Getting it now to watch later.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
A Mothers Son....what a fantastic, gripping, yet chilling 2 parter, with Martin Clunes.

Really enjoyed that...so basically a girl is murdered in a small town and some of the story focuses on the murder hunt, but the other focus is on the family where the mother thinks that it might have been her son.

Anyway, another new show on ITV, The Scapegoat.

It does sound a bit like the Geller show, where this guy is a spitting image and after a chance encounter, wakes up and mistaken as that person, so takes on his life, who happens to be an aristocrat, yet no one else realises.

Sounds a little silly, but possibly worth a punt.
I was a little disappointed with the 2nd part of Mother's Son. Not wanting to give anything away...but it turned out to be a bit of a damp squid IMO.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 11:22 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Tony Marchant's new Drama "Leaving" was on tonight on ITV. Very promising start I'd say

1/3. New series. Twenty-five-year-old Aaron is unemployed, single and still lives with his parents. The day he meets married mother-of-two Julie, 44, he is drunk and miserable, but a bond begins to form between the pair when he takes a job at the hotel where she works, and after sharing a kiss, they embark on an unlikely relationship. Tony Marchant's drama, starring Callum Turner and Helen McCrory.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/r5...-1---episode-1
Old Sep 10th 2012, 11:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Desdemona
Tony Marchant's new Drama "Leaving" was on tonight on ITV. Very promising start I'd say

1/3. New series. Twenty-five-year-old Aaron is unemployed, single and still lives with his parents. The day he meets married mother-of-two Julie, 44, he is drunk and miserable, but a bond begins to form between the pair when he takes a job at the hotel where she works, and after sharing a kiss, they embark on an unlikely relationship. Tony Marchant's drama, starring Callum Turner and Helen McCrory.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/r5...-1---episode-1
I thought it looked interested...I'm looking forward to seeing it at the weekend.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 11:40 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

My guilty pleasure "Strictly Come Dancing" is back this Saturday for it's 10th Series. YAY

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m8dq
Old Sep 10th 2012, 11:43 pm
Banned

I thought it looked interested...I'm looking forward to seeing it at the weekend.

So many brilliant programs this season. Trying to get a jump start on watching. Watched the first episode of "Good Cop" last night
Old Sep 10th 2012, 11:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

So many brilliant programs this season. Trying to get a jump start on watching. Watched the first episode of "Good Cop" last night
Yes lots of good dramas at the moment. I try to save them until I have them all...but with Good Cop I can't resist. I also try to save them to watch at the weekend.

I'm also loving Gloria on Corrie...I can defo see her taking Blance's place. I've been a fan of Sue Johnston since her Brookside days.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 11:48 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Never have been a fan of Jonathan Ross, but I did watch his show number 1 I think. I watched it just because it had the Olympic winners on it including Bolt, Tom Daley, Ennis and the actor Colin Farrell.

They were all worth watching and it was funny.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

I was a little disappointed with the 2nd part of Mother's Son. Not wanting to give anything away...but it turned out to be a bit of a damp squid IMO.
I still really liked it, but it wasn't as strong as the first half.

Spoiler:

I was really hoping it was going to be the creepy brother that actually did it, would have been a nice twist
Old Sep 11th 2012, 3:38 am
Banned

I'm also loving Gloria on Corrie...I can defo see her taking Blance's place. I've been a fan of Sue Johnston since her Brookside days.
Quite a character this Gloria Never had the pleasure of meeting Bianca though -- I've only been watching Corrie since 2003/4.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 3:01 am
Banned

Mrs. Biggs. Based on the Great Train Robbery of the 60's. Charming 60's fashions and detail. Hope the rest of the episodes live up to expectations. I found it quite charming

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/r2...-1---episode-1
Old Sep 13th 2012, 3:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Mrs. Biggs. Based on the Great Train Robbery of the 60's. Charming 60's fashions and detail. Hope the rest of the episodes live up to expectations. I found it quite charming

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/r2...-1---episode-1
I enjoyed it too.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 3:16 am
Banned

I enjoyed it too.
I thought you might have

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.