UK TV Programs

Old May 23rd 2014, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV Programs

I'm enjoying The Link at the moment, hosted by Mark Williams (Mr Weasley, among a host of others!).

It's quite fun. Not fast paced, but I love quiz shows and it's not a dumb as Tipping Point and some of the others. Still love The Chase and Pointless, though.

Can you tell I'm a quiz fan???
Old May 23rd 2014, 4:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got around to watching Prey and we both really enjoyed it. Cracking little 3 parter
Old May 23rd 2014, 9:34 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Finally got around to watching Prey and we both really enjoyed it. Cracking little 3 parter
Are you watching Happy Valley Bob? Better than Prey I think so far. The story is better paced and I have the added bonus of recognising some of the places where it was filmed. Despite the scenery, I still thought it was better.
Old May 23rd 2014, 10:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Are you watching Happy Valley Bob? Better than Prey I think so far. The story is better paced and I have the added bonus of recognising some of the places where it was filmed. Despite the scenery, I still thought it was better.
We started it, only an episode in and I know we're in for a bit of a squee moment later on.

Bit depressing of a show so far though. Like it...but it's not a quick weekend binge like Prey was
Old May 25th 2014, 2:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched 4 episodes of Happy Valley...it was brilliant. In the first episode you can see how they are going to pull all the characters together. Very much reminds me of Good Cop...gritty, graphic and great characters.

Originally Posted by Bob
It's rather good....though IMDB is handy as there are so many faces you'll be wondering about
There sure is...Matron is Ros from MI5, Lt Col Brett from Downton Abbey, Prentiss...just seen him in Happy Valley. Just finished episode 1.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 25th 2014 at 2:54 am.
Old May 25th 2014, 1:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Just read mention that there's going to be series four of Wallander being made...the UK jobby...
Old May 26th 2014, 3:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

New series Quirke...played by Gabriel Byrne. He is a coroner, stepbrother and stepfather are doctors. First episode is very similar to the storyline of the film Philomena.
Old May 27th 2014, 9:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
New series Quirke...played by Gabriel Byrne. He is a coroner, stepbrother and stepfather are doctors. First episode is very similar to the storyline of the film Philomena.
I'd heard of that, didn't realise it had started though.

Anyway, "Undeniable", 2 parter that was on a few weeks back, rather good that. About a person, 20 odd years down the line who see's who she believes someone who killed her mum when she was a kid and it goes into all the fall out of a old case being investigated and how it affects families of the accused as well as the accuser.
Old May 27th 2014, 9:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bob
I'd heard of that, didn't realise it had started though.

Anyway, "Undeniable", 2 parter that was on a few weeks back, rather good that. About a person, 20 odd years down the line who see's who she believes someone who killed her mum when she was a kid and it goes into all the fall out of a old case being investigated and how it affects families of the accused as well as the accuser.
I thought Undeniable was OK...not memorible just OK.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute

I've tried to like Wallander but too depressing for me.

Anyway, BBC - 4 part series - Amber - about a missing girl.

Told from different perspectives - quite interesting.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 9:00 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toopie28
Anyway, BBC - 4 part series - Amber - about a missing girl.
Is this an RTE show (Irish)? I am seeing what looks like it on The Empire.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

toopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond reputetoopie28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Is this an RTE show (Irish)? I am seeing what looks like it on The Empire.
Yes, that's the one. Downloaded from BBC though.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 1:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Common...a 90 min gritty drama by Jimmy McGovern. I enjoyed this program based on the joint enterprise law.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 4:53 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Amber ... 3 or was it 4 part drama about missing teenage girl. Didn't realise until the last episode that they are making a 2nd series .. So it left a lot i
Of loose ends.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 5:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Amber ... 3 or was it 4 part drama about missing teenage girl. Didn't realise until the last episode that they are making a 2nd series .. So it left a lot i
Of loose ends.
Thanks...that's the first time I've heard of Amber but it looks interesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.