UK TV Programs

Old Aug 27th 2012, 2:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK TV Programs

Please post your UK TV program reviews in here.

Silent Witness is back.

Has anyone seen Murder...Joint Enterprise?
Old Aug 27th 2012, 3:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

Silent Witness is back.
Is it, or is it the episodes that they didn't show before?

I thought it was a new series too, but the pair of episodes were from near the beginning of the previous series that weren't aired because it was a kids sex ring type thing and there was a story breaking in the news so they didn't air this story line at the time.

The Last Weekend, rather enjoying it, one more episode to go, but it's very cold show.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Is it, or is it the episodes that they didn't show before?

I thought it was a new series too, but the pair of episodes were from near the beginning of the previous series that weren't aired because it was a kids sex ring type thing and there was a story breaking in the news so they didn't air this story line at the time.

The Last Weekend, rather enjoying it, one more episode to go, but it's very cold show.
I don't know I haven't seen it yet. Series 15 episodes 11 and 12. So it doesn't look like a new series...just a couple of episodes. Still that's better than nothing.

I keep meaning to make a note of all the programs I watch...sometimes older programs made available again and I forget that I've already seen them.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 27th 2012 at 4:01 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 4:21 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I downloaded series 1 of the Accused the other day (dates from 2010) - already watched a few episodes and liked it a lot.

Each episode starts with someone being led to the dock, and then everything else is a flashback of what it was that got them there. Lots of drama, lots of guessing - very enjoyable.

Series 2 has just started in the UK with episode 1 now available on The Box.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 5:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know I haven't seen it yet. Series 15 episodes 11 and 12. So it doesn't look like a new series...just a couple of episodes. Still that's better than nothing.
Aye, that's the one, they were originally episode 3-4 but as I said, was delayed...good stuff though
Old Aug 27th 2012, 5:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by tonrob
I downloaded series 1 of the Accused the other day (dates from 2010) - already watched a few episodes and liked it a lot.

Each episode starts with someone being led to the dock, and then everything else is a flashback of what it was that got them there. Lots of drama, lots of guessing - very enjoyable.

Series 2 has just started in the UK with episode 1 now available on The Box.
Thought it was a bit slow.

Series two is much worse....it's mostly about the story and then at the end going to the dock to deal with the case, but way to slow and dull I thought.

Shame, as the idea is quite good.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Good Cop...first episode screened tonight...looks interesting.

Waterloo Road is back tonight. Hopefully it may get better now that it's in a new school/location...but I'm not holding my breath. Edit: Ooops it started last week...I remember Bob mentioning it.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 30th 2012 at 10:15 pm.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Waterloo Road is back tonight. Hopefully it may get better now that it's in a new school/location...but I'm not holding my breath.
GOOD COP was absolutely brilliant - great dramatic effect, dark and raw and very Liverpudlian.....you have to get used to the thick Scouse accent and terminology. Excellent acting all round - made me glad that I am not an inner city copper......Good Cop may yet be seen as a Bad Cop as he is very much implicated in the action of the storyline.

WATERLOO ROAD - makes you glad that you are not a teacher in the UK State education system.......but at least one of the students - a lad - is top ace decent - shame about his pisshead of a mother who happens to be a teacher at the school with a penchant for secreting bottles of vodka locked in her classroom desk.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
GOOD COP was absolutely brilliant - great dramatic effect, dark and raw and very Liverpudlian.....you have to get used to the thick Scouse accent and terminology. Excellent acting all round - made me glad that I am not an inner city copper......Good Cop may yet be seen as a Bad Cop as he is very much implicated in the action of the storyline.

WATERLOO ROAD - makes you glad that you are not a teacher in the UK State education system.......but at least one of the students - a lad - is top ace decent - shame about his pisshead of a mother who happens to be a teacher at the school with a penchant for secreting bottles of vodka locked in her classroom desk.
Makes me glad that I don't confuse TV and reality.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 1:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Waterloo Road is back tonight. Hopefully it may get better now that it's in a new school/location...but I'm not holding my breath. Edit: Ooops it started last week...I remember Bob mentioning it.
I got the first episode of Good Cop, does sound interesting, 4 parter.

Waterloo Road, wasn't bad, but I do think it has run its course and the storylines are getting a little stale and repeated.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 11:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Trollied....second series just started, about the grocery store, has Jane Horrocks and Mark Addy.

Really liked the first series, so hoping this is good too.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Murder: Joint Enterprise.

New hour long beeb drama, sounded pretty good, 3 people meet up for the first time and one of them dies a few hours later. Directed by the person who did the original Danish, "The Killing" and has a bunch of folks from Game of Thrones.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 2:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Just watched the 2 latest episodes of Silent Witness. I thought it was excellent.

Very topical...young under aged white girls in the UK...drugged and used as prostitutes my Asian gangs.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Snowdaisy is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you watching these shows on satellite or cable channels? xx
Old Sep 1st 2012, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowcrystal
Are you watching these shows on satellite or cable channels? xx
They're mainly watching on iPlayer (and equivalents) via a VPN (search the forum), or downloading via torrents or Usenet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.