Reload this Page >

Trade Promotion Authority May make H-1B Irrelevant, NAFTA Obsolete

Trade Promotion Authority May make H-1B Irrelevant, NAFTA Obsolete

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 5:00 pm
R. Martin

John Jacobson wrote:
    >
    >

You failed to realize that I don't care what you believe the "main point" is.

>
    >
    >
    >

Production and distribution, yes. Did I say anything different? Since you didn't
object, I'll take it you agree that corporate greed would generally not encourage the
*first* steps, the basic research, to ever be taken because the potential payoff is
too uncertain and too long term. The cases where this has not been true, the former
Bell Labs for instance, are illustrious but far too rare.

>

You're familiar with this. It is pointless to discuss anything with you because you
post just to see your own words in luminous patterns on the screen. You can do that
without my help, so I won't waste any more of my time on this. So you can have the
last word, which you will enjoy.

>

[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > John Jacobson wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I never said that scientists in pursuit of knowledge for its own sake[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > not a part of the process of discovery. But they are NOT responsible for[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > end result, which is the MRI, or the medicine, or etc. That was brought[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > use and into practical application by the corporations.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > But it can't happen without the basic research, which the corporations[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > by-and-large will not fund because it is too risky. BTW scientists are often[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > involved in creating the practical applications, too.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > It does nobody any good to discover something until that something is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > implemented and distributed,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Agreed.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > and scientists in pursuit of knowledge are NOT building and installing MRI[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > machines, or making and distributing medicine, or any of[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > other activities in the production and distribution process necessary[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > the benefit of humanity. If you go get an MRI that finds a cancer in time to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > save your life, that MRI machine was built and placed at that location[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > corporation, not by some scientist altruistically searching for new knowledge.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Your childlike naivete and ignorance on this matter is simply stunning.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Wrong again. I never said corporations don't do these things, I said they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > couldn't do them unless scientists made the fundamental enabling discoveries[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > first.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > rest snipped[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:20 pm
Huh?

You guy's mind not feeding the ludicrous troll (JJ)? After all, he offers nothing in
the way of credible fact or argument, and his only purpose is to further his own
microscopic ego and overinflated sense of self worth.

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:22 pm
John Jacobson

>
If
    >
    >

Typical disgruntled postal worker. Go deliver the mail, loser.

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:23 pm
John Jacobson

>

Truth doesn't smell like what you bring.

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:25 pm
John Jacobson

[usenetquote2]> > Wrong. Terje's posts are quite fine and if they reveal any character it[/usenetquote2]
is
    >
[usenetquote2]> > character that in all apearances seems to excel beyond your own. He has[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > rather patient with you guys, being far more gracious than is warranted.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > has sympathy from a number of us.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
kneel
    >
    >

Typical mindless retort from a typical anti-H-1Ber: lamer than a legless
centipede and half as intelligent. Are there ANY people opposing H-1B who have an
IQ over 50?

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:38 pm
John Jacobson

>
masterfully wrote in message

[usenetquote2]> > Why? Because I reply to someone who calls me a ****face, and worse? Not once have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I starded with an insult, I have ONLY replied in the same (in actuality, far[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > nicer) language. I use arguments, and I am ONLY met with insult.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Hey, you are the nitwit that called Apache an "OS" and yet expected that you had a
right to a consulting job. Terje has shown remarkable patience with you, and has
therefore demonstrated that he most likely would probably be good with kids (which
of course would be a step up from having to deal with the likes of you). You on
the other hand, have shown remarkable ignorance and arrogance.

[usenetquote2]> > That is a statement, not backed up by a single argument. It is also completely[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > wrong. If you have an H1B, and you want to work for another company, if that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > company is willing to sponsor an H1B, and most tech companies are, you can change[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > job easily. It used to take 2-4 weeks in California, now you can change the day[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > they file for an H1 transfer. NO PROBLEM![/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Who cares what you think? You are a conceited idiot deserving only of the most
menial and demeaning work. If it is true that H-1B was helping to move you toward
your true calling, then that is a good thing. So far there is zero evidence that
your situation has anything at all to do with H-1B. Every time that you've opened
your beak to squawk about something technical you have made a humongous fool of
yourself or revealed a level of skills so low that you could limbo with bacteria.

>

Terje has maintained the high ground so far. But then, deep sea oil drilling has
reached higher ground than you and Kev often occupy.

[usenetquote2]> > How did he figure me out? By calling me a ****face from the first posting he did?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Hardly.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

You can't even spell. That last word is spelled W-R-O-N-G.

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:39 pm
John Jacobson

It was not. You are confusing origin with improvement and implementation.

>
    >
Microsoft's
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > LOL. I love it when one of these anti-corporate nuts goes on about how useless[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and horrible corporations are, using a newsgroup reader[/usenetquote2]
produced by
[usenetquote2]> > a corporation (Outlook Express by Microsoft), posted on a corporate ISP[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > (Prodigy), and using a computer made by a corporation. Can you say "hypocrite"?[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > > Tom Lehman wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > Jacobson--Yeah. Paid for by the public through the National[/usenetquote2]
Institute
[usenetquote2]> > of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Health,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > the military, or other government/public funded research and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > development. Then[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > capitalized on by the corporations and sold back to the public who[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > paid[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > for it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > in the first place.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Oh please... when did the government or any of its agencies come up with[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > anything new?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Geezus! You aren't a "foriegn" alien , you gotta be an extra[/usenetquote2]
terrestrial
[usenetquote2]> > > one.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > The millitary has come up with the beginnings of many of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > "revolutionary"[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > advances in science and medicine. Ever hear of William Beaumont? Charles Drew?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > The best physicians learned their trades in places like Normandy,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Dieppe,Chosin,Viet Nam, and the Persian Gulf. Many Vaccines have their roots in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > BioWar (Ft. Dietrick). Jet propulsion is a direct benefit of the second big[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > mistake. Kevelar is a product of military research. Hell, the national weather[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > service started during the civil war as a branch of the US Army.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > The internet, as we know it, started as an unsecure message system used by the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > millitary/government to "network".[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Inventions and discoveries are in general[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > made in private companies who spend MUCH more money on such research than the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > government does.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Not only are you an E.T., but you're a pot smoking one with that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > gibberish.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Why? Because when they come[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > up with something new, they can use it to make money. Why, because you are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > willing to pay for that device/medication/invention. Why are you willing to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > pay for it, because it will make your life better.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Why spend the money researching something when the gubmint will do it[/usenetquote2]
for
[usenetquote2]> > > you? Makes better economic sense to me. Whilst the corporate slugs in the US[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > spend fewer "philanthropic"[/usenetquote2]
dollars
[usenetquote2]> > on[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Universities and such, the Japanese have componded their "donations",[/usenetquote2]
and
[usenetquote2]> > > have reaped the rewadrs of funding such research.No corporation in the US[/usenetquote2]
would
[usenetquote2]> > > do such a thing unless it had a guaranteed instant proffit that was at[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > least[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > double the original "investment".[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > The vast majority of discoveries are made in companies today, and they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > capitlize on it. If it hadn't been for the fact that they can, we wouldn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > have those inventions.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Forget the pot smoking.....It's clear you're on crack![/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:40 pm
John Jacobson

LOL. You are powerless to refute my arguments, so you resort to mindless ad hominens
and puerile psychological prattle.

>
    >
    >

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:53 pm
John Jacobson

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

I look around her in my computer room and I see plenty of evidence of non-govt
research and development. The telephone, invented by private interests and
improved by private interests, is a highly useful item. The microprocessor,
invented and improved by private interests. The light bulb, invented and improved
by private interests. Alternating current, invented by private interests. The hard
drive, invented and improved by private interests. And the list goes on and on. If
I go out to my car I see another microcosm of privately-undertaken research and
development. All of these innovations were undertaken by corporations in the
search for new markets and thus profit.

>
[usenetquote2]> > Science without application and use would just be mental masturbation.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Typical R, Martin: hit and run, avoiding anything of substance. Oh well, no great
loss. In fact it is no loss at all.

>

[usenetquote2]> > > John Jacobson wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > I never said that scientists in pursuit of knowledge for its own[/usenetquote2]
sake
[usenetquote2]> > were[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > not a part of the process of discovery. But they are NOT responsible[/usenetquote2]
for
[usenetquote2]> > the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > end result, which is the MRI, or the medicine, or etc. That was[/usenetquote2]
brought
[usenetquote2]> > to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > use and into practical application by the corporations.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > But it can't happen without the basic research, which the corporations[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > by-and-large will not fund because it is too risky. BTW scientists are often[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > involved in creating the practical applications, too.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > It does nobody any good to discover something until that something is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > implemented and distributed,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Agreed.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > and scientists in pursuit of knowledge are NOT building and installing MRI[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > machines, or making and distributing medicine, or any[/usenetquote2]
of
[usenetquote2]> > the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > other activities in the production and distribution process[/usenetquote2]
necessary
[usenetquote2]> > for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > the benefit of humanity. If you go get an MRI that finds a cancer in time to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > save your life, that MRI machine was built and placed at that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > corporation, not by some scientist altruistically searching for new[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > knowledge.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Your childlike naivete and ignorance on this matter is simply[/usenetquote2]
stunning.
[usenetquote2]> > > Wrong again. I never said corporations don't do these things, I said they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > couldn't do them unless scientists made the fundamental enabling discoveries[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > first.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > rest snipped[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 8:40 pm
Kev

Nope sorry, I didnt mis read anything. He said it.

On Sun, 3 Jun 2001 01:54:28 -0500, "John Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]>> Nope sorry he is a racist plain and simple.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> He said it. Your can cover for your sock puppet all you want but he said what he[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> said so deal with it.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> On Sat, 2 Jun 2001 18:26:12 -0500, "John Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >With the total lack of reasoning and total lack of any logical arguments[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >whatsoever in your postings, it wouldn't surprice me at all if you were the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >> >first african-american applying for a KKK membership.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> What kind of person are you. You are saying that because my statements didn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> agree with you and that you thought I was not an intelligent person that I was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> black?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > No, it is obvious that he is not saying that. Obviously, he is saying[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > that your arguments were so poor that there are on a par with how stupid[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> >person would have to be if he was a black joining the KKK.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >< So you think blacks are stupid![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > No, he said nothing at all about blacks as a whole. He just used an anology to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > how stupid a person would have to be if they were a black[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> >the KKK. There is nothing there that implies anything about all blacks, except[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >that any that join the KKK would have to be idiots (which I think[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> >will find is a sentiment shared by most African-Americans).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> You think that people that have no logical sense are black? Listen to yourself![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> You my friend are a racist! That is one of the worst things I have ever read.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > Going off on your moral high horse about racism based on a wild distortion of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > what was actually said, is truly a mark of a desparate and beaten man.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > Let me tell you something Terje I know many[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> blacks that will run circles around you and put you to shame. There are many[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> blacks that are intelligent, wealthy, have MBA and are self employed and for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> you to even make this assumption just shows your lack of character. You should[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> be ashamed of yourself to insult a race due to color! You are disgusting.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > What is disgusting is to deliberately twist a man's arguments and then pretend[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > he is a bigot like you on the basis of those twisted arguments.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> >have said amazingly insulting things about Indians, and yet you have the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >unmitigated GALL to accuse Terje of racism??!! Geez, bring out the gas masks, you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >are really stinking up the joint.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> You pro H1s calls us bigots look in the mirror, you pro H1s are the biggest[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> racists and bigots around.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > That is a stupid and easily dismissable claim. All your claims of[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> >on the part of "Pro H1s" are based on your deliberate or unwitting distortiono of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >what has been said. This is particularly telling in light[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> >your statements about "foreign ****ers" and so on.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >I never assumed you were african-american. Nowhere.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> This reminds me of Clinton, "I did not have sex with that women". Yes you did[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> say it and yes you did assume! Either you cannot read or you are trying to play[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> people here for idiots.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > Well, most of the people here ARE idiots, so there is no need to play them,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > though you are obviously trying that very thing with your[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> >and foolish race-baiting in regard to Terje.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> Terje you said in plain text that I was african-american due to the fact that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> you thought I was not logical.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > No, he said your arguments were so lame that they could easily come[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> >a person so confused and stupid as to join the KKK when black.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > You assumed and you wrong[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> once again. Nice try at back peddling but it wont work. You are caught in your[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> own lie and racist remarks. You have just definetely lost all credibility[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> completely.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > Well, anybody that doesn't tow the anti-H-1B line loses credibility[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> >you losers. Name me one opponent of you guys' anti-H-1B position who you consider[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >entirely credible. You can't. So your saying that somebody has "lost all[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >credibility" is useless. It conveys no information.[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 9:18 pm
R. Martin

John Jacobson wrote:
    >

Tsk, tsk, JJ, you did it again. I know you would. I gave you a chance to not make a
fool of yourself, but you just can't keep your hands of your...keyboard. What a mess,
all over your screen.

[usenetquote2]> > Production and distribution, yes. Did I say anything different? Since you didn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > object, I'll take it you agree that corporate greed would generally not encourage[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the *first* steps, the basic research, to ever be taken because the potential[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > payoff is too uncertain and too long term. The cases where this has not been[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > true, the former Bell Labs for instance, are illustrious but far too rare.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

It was invented using knowledge gathered by basic research with which free enterprise
was not involved.

>

The microprocessor is based on integrated curcuits, invented for missile guidance
systems using government funding. Without that, no microprocessors.

>

See telephone above.

>

Ditto.

>

No need to invent the hard drive without a computer to attach it to. Computers were
invented using government funding. No computers, no hard drives. No hard drives
without basic research either, done without corporate greed driving it.

>

Yes, it does. You can not name one modern invention that did not need to be preceded
at some point by some fundamental research which was done for the pure interest of
it, and/or with government funding. If you think there is, you're showing your
ignorance of the history of science and technology.

>
    >

It couldn't be built if the basic physics and chemistry were unknown.

>
    >

By using knowledge that they didn't have to pay for. None of it happened without
fundamental research.

[usenetquote2]> > > Science without application and use would just be mental masturbation.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > You're familiar with this. It is pointless to discuss anything with you because[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > you post just to see your own words in luminous patterns on the screen. You can[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > do that without my help, so I won't waste any more of my time on this. So you can[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have the last word, which you will enjoy.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

LOL. You wouldn't know substance if it bit you. After all those in depth replies
like, "Typical mindless retort from a typical anti-H-1Ber: lamer than a legless
centipede and half as intelligent. Are there ANY people opposing H-1B who have an IQ
over 50?" and "Typical disgruntled postal worker. Go deliver the mail, loser." you
don't have any room to talk about substance.

>

Your opinion is well known to be worthless on this and most other subjects. Are you
going to quit cross-posting to SRC like you've repeatedly said you would? Or do you
want to keep posting your ignorant blather? I'll give you another chance to have the
last word. Let's see if you've learned anything.

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 10:00 pm
Philotsopher

[usenetquote2]> > > You apparently have no clue whatsoever about H1B. Why would an H1B person not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > have the luxury of shopping around? It is trivial to transfer an H1 from one[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > company to another, today that process is even easier, since you are now[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > allowed to start working for the second company while the transfer is being[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > processed.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > That's a lie and you would know that if you knew the first thing about[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
your
    >
is
    >
a
    >
    >
You are wrong, but let's just say that H-1Bs are given complete freedom to change
jobs and their Green Card process won't be interrupted by doing so. (go to
www.ISN.org to see how wrong you are). Why would I, as an embattled American worker,
care whether the life of H-1Bs was made more pleasant here in the US?

Let's just open our borders up and let the labor market be flooded. If we want to
make it so easy for H-1Bs, we may as well just grant citizenship to everybody in
the world.

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 10:01 pm
Philotsopher

[usenetquote2]> > After reading your bullshit, I want to find out where I can join the[/usenetquote2]
KKK.
    >
[usenetquote2]> > that doesn't work, maybe I can joing the Aryan Nation. Then I can bring[/usenetquote2]
my
[usenetquote2]> > buddies over to KICK YOUR ASS![/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
I will continue to deliver the mail. I hope you enjoy the large package at you door,
Jacob****ed.

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 10:07 pm
Philotsopher

[usenetquote2]> > The ever-patient and superior "Terje A. Bergesen" <[email protected]>[/usenetquote2]
    >

[usenetquote2]> > > Why? Because I reply to someone who calls me a ****face, and worse? Not once[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > have I starded with an insult, I have ONLY replied in the same (in actuality,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > far nicer) language. I use arguments, and I am ONLY met with insult.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > You deserve nothing but insults because you are either a traitor to the[/usenetquote2]
US
[usenetquote2]> > because you love H-1Bs, or an H-1B.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
that
    >

Why do you keep bringing up an insignificant typo on my part? Nobody cares about this
except you.

Terje has shown remarkable patience
    >
probably
    >
    >
    >
    >

I don't claim to know everything like you do. On the other hand, I have a brain, and
you don't.

[usenetquote2]> > > That is a statement, not backed up by a single argument. It is also completely[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > wrong. If you have an H1B, and you want to work for another company, if that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > company is willing to sponsor an H1B, and most tech companies are, you can[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > change job easily. It used to take 2-4 weeks in California, now you can change[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the day they file for an H1 transfer. NO PROBLEM![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Why do I care whether H-1Bs can change jobs? Am I supposed to rejoice[/usenetquote2]
that
[usenetquote2]> > there lives are better as they ruin mine?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
the
    >
move
    >

I will say the same thing when you lose your job. So when both of us are unemployed,
why will that be just?

So far there is
    >

Then you are illeterate since I have discussed my situation in detail.

Every
    >
    >
low
    >
    >

Yes, you read "Programming for Dummies" and now feel qualified to say these things to
degreed engineers. You are the arrogant one.

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 10:13 pm
Philotsopher

You also have to begin again with your Green Card application. If you are an H-1B
like you profess, you better think twice about moving to another employer if you are
applying for a Green Card. Most H-1Bs come here hoping to get a Green Card so they
will be indentured until they get one. The GC process takes too long for H-1Bs to
move to different employers.

>
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > John Jacobson wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > No, it is not a lie. It is the truth. It just happens to contradict your[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > prejudices to the contrary, so you dismiss it as a "lie" when you know it is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the truth and has been the truth since October. You anti-H-1Bers are such a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > bunch of transparent lying losers it is just hilarious.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > John, just for the record, you were able to shop around for a job before October[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > as well. Several friends of mine working on H1Bs changed jobs about 18 months[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ago, when they felt that the current management of their company wasn't really[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > doing what they should. The trouble at the time was that it took a few weeks to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > get things in order, and in between you couldn't work. A few weeks of waiting is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > nothing more than a litte bump in the road though. In October it became possible[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to start working for your new employer once the papers were filed.[/usenetquote2]
    >

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.