Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Trade Promotion Authority May make H-1B Irrelevant, NAFTA Obsolete

Trade Promotion Authority May make H-1B Irrelevant, NAFTA Obsolete

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 11:40 pm
John Jacobson

I never said that scientists in pursuit of knowledge for its own sake were not a part
of the process of discovery. But they are NOT responsible for the end result, which
is the MRI, or the medicine, or etc. That was brought to use and into practical
application by the corporations. It does nobody any good to discover something until
that something is implemented and distributed, and scientists in pursuit of knowledge
are NOT building and installing MRI machines, or making and distributing medicine, or
any of the other activities in the production and distribution process necessary for
the benefit of humanity. If you go get an MRI that finds a cancer in time to save
your life, that MRI machine was built and placed at that location by a corporation,
not by some scientist altruistically searching for new knowledge.

Your childlike naivete and ignorance on this matter is simply stunning. Where are all
these legions of scientists installing and distributing all these MRI machines,
medicines and so on?

>
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Well said. Actually these corporate "greedsters" are doing far far more[/usenetquote2]
for
[usenetquote2]> > the welfare and good of humanity than all the anti-H-1Bers and other[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > anti-corporate types combined. Next time you have to get a medical[/usenetquote2]
treatment
[usenetquote2]> > that saves your life, or an MRI finds a cancer before it has spread, or[/usenetquote2]
any
[usenetquote2]> > of a great number of other things that save or prolong a life, look and[/usenetquote2]
see
[usenetquote2]> > what human endeavor has made the instruments of your salvation. It is[/usenetquote2]
not
[usenetquote2]> > the name of Greenpeace or Shame-H-1B or Norm Matloff whose name is on[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > side of the MRI, or medicine, or other stuff, it is corporate[/usenetquote2]
"greedsters"
[usenetquote2]> > like GE, Baxter Healthcare, Abbott Labs, etc. And it wasn't charity or altruism[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that led them to supply that life-saving technology or drug[/usenetquote2]
either.
[usenetquote2]> > It was good old greed.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > > Margaret Bartley wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > ...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > http://www.globalexchange.org/ftaa/statement040201.html[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > This is a complete capitulation to corporate greedsters.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Who are these corporate greedsters? What do they do? How is the world fairing[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > under their tyranny?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > They are us, you and I. We have our 401K money placed squarely in their corner.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Our jobs depend on them being as greedy as they can possibly be.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > They create jobs, some in the US, who has the lowest unemployment in a very[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > long time. They create products, ever cheaper such, so that we can now buy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > "stuff" for a fraction of what it cost in our parents time.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > How is the world doing under this tyranny? Well, this corporate globalism has[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > had its strongest growth since the early '80, and onwards. In 1980 40.000[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > people died of starvation every day. In those days there was somewhere around[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > 4B people in the world. In 1999 20.000 people died every day of starvation, a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > SUBSTANTIAL reduction. Most of this reduction comes from increased global[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > trade, hardly any from aid programs, and some, but extremely little, from[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > population movement. You need to solve the problems where they are.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > What wrong did these corporate greedsters do so that the number of people[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > starving to death has been halved while the worlds population has increased by[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > almost 50%? Where is their crime?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > In the same time, the difference between rich and poor in the US has increased.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > This is a problem, and it is a problem that should be solved. Domestic poverty[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > is something the US should not have to deal with. There will always be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > transition periods, but the current situation is too bad. It can be solved by[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > finding ways to create jobs in areas where jobs are dissapearing, but one must[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > also realize that some movement of people will be needed, all areas are not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > meant to be livable.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > +------------------------+-------------------------------------------+[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > | Terje A. Bergesen | [email protected][/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 12:03 am
R. Martin

John Jacobson wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

But it can't happen without the basic research, which the corporations by-and-large
will not fund because it is too risky. BTW scientists are often involved in creating
the practical applications, too.

>
    >

Agreed.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Wrong again. I never said corporations don't do these things, I said they couldn't do
them unless scientists made the fundamental enabling discoveries first.

rest snipped

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 2:20 am
Kev

JJ twist and grind the words all you want. He made a racial remark period. I am sorry
that you cant read JJ but it is there in black and white.

On Sat, 2 Jun 2001 18:26:12 -0500, "John Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>

[usenetquote2]>> >> >With the total lack of reasoning and total lack of any logical arguments[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >whatsoever in your postings, it wouldn't surprice me at all if you were the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >first african-american applying for a KKK membership.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> What kind of person are you. You are saying that because my statements didn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> agree with you and that you thought I was not an intelligent person that I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> was black?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> You think that people that have no logical sense are black? Listen to yourself![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> You my friend are a racist! That is one of the worst things I have ever read.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> blacks that will run circles around you and put you to shame. There are many[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> blacks that are intelligent, wealthy, have MBA and are self employed and for you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> to even make this assumption just shows your lack of character. You should be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> ashamed of yourself to insult a race due to color! You are disgusting.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> You pro H1s calls us bigots look in the mirror, you pro H1s are the biggest[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> racists and bigots around.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> >I never assumed you were african-american. Nowhere.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> This reminds me of Clinton, "I did not have sex with that women". Yes you did say[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> it and yes you did assume! Either you cannot read or you are trying to play people[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> here for idiots.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> Terje you said in plain text that I was african-american due to the fact that you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> thought I was not logical.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> once again. Nice try at back peddling but it wont work. You are caught in your own[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> lie and racist remarks. You have just definetely lost all credibility completely.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 2:50 am
Kev

Nope sorry he is a racist plain and simple.

He said it. Your can cover for your sock puppet all you want but he said what he said
so deal with it.

On Sat, 2 Jun 2001 18:26:12 -0500, "John Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>

[usenetquote2]>> >> >With the total lack of reasoning and total lack of any logical arguments[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >whatsoever in your postings, it wouldn't surprice me at all if you were the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >> >first african-american applying for a KKK membership.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> What kind of person are you. You are saying that because my statements didn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> agree with you and that you thought I was not an intelligent person that I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> was black?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> You think that people that have no logical sense are black? Listen to yourself![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> You my friend are a racist! That is one of the worst things I have ever read.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> blacks that will run circles around you and put you to shame. There are many[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> blacks that are intelligent, wealthy, have MBA and are self employed and for you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> to even make this assumption just shows your lack of character. You should be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> ashamed of yourself to insult a race due to color! You are disgusting.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> You pro H1s calls us bigots look in the mirror, you pro H1s are the biggest[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> racists and bigots around.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> >I never assumed you were african-american. Nowhere.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> This reminds me of Clinton, "I did not have sex with that women". Yes you did say[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> it and yes you did assume! Either you cannot read or you are trying to play people[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> here for idiots.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> Terje you said in plain text that I was african-american due to the fact that you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> thought I was not logical.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> once again. Nice try at back peddling but it wont work. You are caught in your own[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> lie and racist remarks. You have just definetely lost all credibility completely.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 5:40 am
Huh?

>

And this comes as a shock.........To whom?

>

>
[usenetquote2]> >Terje,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >How long have you been an American citizen for?[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 6:00 am
Huh?

>
[usenetquote2]> > Jacobson--Yeah. Paid for by the public through the National Institute of[/usenetquote2]
Health,
[usenetquote2]> > the military, or other government/public funded research and[/usenetquote2]
development. Then
[usenetquote2]> > capitalized on by the corporations and sold back to the public who paid[/usenetquote2]
for it
[usenetquote2]> > in the first place.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Geezus! You aren't a "foriegn" alien , you gotta be an extra terrestrial one.

The millitary has come up with the beginnings of many of the "revolutionary" advances
in science and medicine. Ever hear of William Beaumont? Charles Drew? The best
physicians learned their trades in places like Normandy, Dieppe,Chosin,Viet Nam, and
the Persian Gulf. Many Vaccines have their roots in BioWar (Ft. Dietrick). Jet
propulsion is a direct benefit of the second big mistake. Kevelar is a product of
military research. Hell, the national weather service started during the civil war as
a branch of the US Army.

The internet, as we know it, started as an unsecure message system used by the
millitary/government to "network".

Inventions and discoveries are in general
    >
    >

Not only are you an E.T., but you're a pot smoking one with that gibberish.

Why? Because when they come
    >
    >
    >

Why spend the money researching something when the gubmint will do it for you? Makes
better economic sense to me. Whilst the corporate slugs in the US spend fewer
"philanthropic" dollars on Universities and such, the Japanese have componded their
"donations", and have reaped the rewadrs of funding such research.No corporation in
the US would do such a thing unless it had a guaranteed instant proffit that was at
least double the original "investment".

>
    >
    >
    >

Forget the pot smoking.....It's clear you're on crack!

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 6:53 am
John Jacobson

Nope. Your simple undefended claim to the contrary does not change that.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> >> >> >With the total lack of reasoning and total lack of any logical arguments[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >> >whatsoever in your postings, it wouldn't surprice me at all if you were the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >> >first african-american applying for a KKK membership.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> What kind of person are you. You are saying that because my statements didn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> agree with you and that you thought I was not an intelligent person that I was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> black?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > No, it is obvious that he is not saying that. Obviously, he is saying[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that your arguments were so poor that there are on a par with how stupid[/usenetquote2]
a
[usenetquote2]> >person would have to be if he was a black joining the KKK.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >< So you think blacks are stupid![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > No, he said nothing at all about blacks as a whole. He just used an anology to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > how stupid a person would have to be if they were a black[/usenetquote2]
joining
[usenetquote2]> >the KKK. There is nothing there that implies anything about all blacks, except[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >that any that join the KKK would have to be idiots (which I think[/usenetquote2]
you
[usenetquote2]> >will find is a sentiment shared by most African-Americans).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> You think that people that have no logical sense are black? Listen to yourself![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> You my friend are a racist! That is one of the worst things I have ever read.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Going off on your moral high horse about racism based on a wild distortion of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > what was actually said, is truly a mark of a desparate and beaten man.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Let me tell you something Terje I know many[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> blacks that will run circles around you and put you to shame. There are many[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> blacks that are intelligent, wealthy, have MBA and are self employed and for you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> to even make this assumption just shows your lack of character. You should be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> ashamed of yourself to insult a race due to color! You are disgusting.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > What is disgusting is to deliberately twist a man's arguments and then pretend[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > he is a bigot like you on the basis of those twisted arguments.[/usenetquote2]
You
[usenetquote2]> >have said amazingly insulting things about Indians, and yet you have the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >unmitigated GALL to accuse Terje of racism??!! Geez, bring out the gas masks, you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >are really stinking up the joint.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> You pro H1s calls us bigots look in the mirror, you pro H1s are the biggest[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> racists and bigots around.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > That is a stupid and easily dismissable claim. All your claims of[/usenetquote2]
racism
[usenetquote2]> >on the part of "Pro H1s" are based on your deliberate or unwitting distortiono of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >what has been said. This is particularly telling in light[/usenetquote2]
of
[usenetquote2]> >your statements about "foreign ****ers" and so on.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >I never assumed you were african-american. Nowhere.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> This reminds me of Clinton, "I did not have sex with that women". Yes you did[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> say it and yes you did assume! Either you cannot read or you are trying to play[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> people here for idiots.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Well, most of the people here ARE idiots, so there is no need to play them,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > though you are obviously trying that very thing with your[/usenetquote2]
transparent
[usenetquote2]> >and foolish race-baiting in regard to Terje.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Terje you said in plain text that I was african-american due to the fact that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> you thought I was not logical.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > No, he said your arguments were so lame that they could easily come[/usenetquote2]
from
[usenetquote2]> >a person so confused and stupid as to join the KKK when black.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > You assumed and you wrong[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> once again. Nice try at back peddling but it wont work. You are caught in your[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> own lie and racist remarks. You have just definetely lost all credibility[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> completely.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Well, anybody that doesn't tow the anti-H-1B line loses credibility[/usenetquote2]
with
[usenetquote2]> >you losers. Name me one opponent of you guys' anti-H-1B position who you consider[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >entirely credible. You can't. So your saying that somebody has "lost all[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >credibility" is useless. It conveys no information.[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 6:54 am
John Jacobson

Why don't you just admit you misread the sentence and move on? You aren't getting
away with this one anyway.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> >> >> >With the total lack of reasoning and total lack of any logical arguments[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >> >whatsoever in your postings, it wouldn't surprice me at all if you were the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >> >first african-american applying for a KKK membership.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> What kind of person are you. You are saying that because my statements didn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> agree with you and that you thought I was not an intelligent person that I was[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> black?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > No, it is obvious that he is not saying that. Obviously, he is saying[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that your arguments were so poor that there are on a par with how stupid[/usenetquote2]
a
[usenetquote2]> >person would have to be if he was a black joining the KKK.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >< So you think blacks are stupid![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > No, he said nothing at all about blacks as a whole. He just used an anology to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > how stupid a person would have to be if they were a black[/usenetquote2]
joining
[usenetquote2]> >the KKK. There is nothing there that implies anything about all blacks, except[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >that any that join the KKK would have to be idiots (which I think[/usenetquote2]
you
[usenetquote2]> >will find is a sentiment shared by most African-Americans).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> You think that people that have no logical sense are black? Listen to yourself![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> You my friend are a racist! That is one of the worst things I have ever read.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Going off on your moral high horse about racism based on a wild distortion of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > what was actually said, is truly a mark of a desparate and beaten man.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Let me tell you something Terje I know many[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> blacks that will run circles around you and put you to shame. There are many[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> blacks that are intelligent, wealthy, have MBA and are self employed and for you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> to even make this assumption just shows your lack of character. You should be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> ashamed of yourself to insult a race due to color! You are disgusting.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > What is disgusting is to deliberately twist a man's arguments and then pretend[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > he is a bigot like you on the basis of those twisted arguments.[/usenetquote2]
You
[usenetquote2]> >have said amazingly insulting things about Indians, and yet you have the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >unmitigated GALL to accuse Terje of racism??!! Geez, bring out the gas masks, you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >are really stinking up the joint.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> You pro H1s calls us bigots look in the mirror, you pro H1s are the biggest[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> racists and bigots around.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > That is a stupid and easily dismissable claim. All your claims of[/usenetquote2]
racism
[usenetquote2]> >on the part of "Pro H1s" are based on your deliberate or unwitting distortiono of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >what has been said. This is particularly telling in light[/usenetquote2]
of
[usenetquote2]> >your statements about "foreign ****ers" and so on.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >I never assumed you were african-american. Nowhere.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> This reminds me of Clinton, "I did not have sex with that women". Yes you did[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> say it and yes you did assume! Either you cannot read or you are trying to play[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> people here for idiots.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Well, most of the people here ARE idiots, so there is no need to play them,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > though you are obviously trying that very thing with your[/usenetquote2]
transparent
[usenetquote2]> >and foolish race-baiting in regard to Terje.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Terje you said in plain text that I was african-american due to the fact that[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> you thought I was not logical.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > No, he said your arguments were so lame that they could easily come[/usenetquote2]
from
[usenetquote2]> >a person so confused and stupid as to join the KKK when black.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > You assumed and you wrong[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> once again. Nice try at back peddling but it wont work. You are caught in your[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> own lie and racist remarks. You have just definetely lost all credibility[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> completely.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Well, anybody that doesn't tow the anti-H-1B line loses credibility[/usenetquote2]
with
[usenetquote2]> >you losers. Name me one opponent of you guys' anti-H-1B position who you consider[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >entirely credible. You can't. So your saying that somebody has "lost all[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >credibility" is useless. It conveys no information.[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 6:59 am
John Jacobson

LOL. I love it when one of these anti-corporate nuts goes on about how useless and
horrible corporations are, using a newsgroup reader produced by a corporation
(Outlook Express by Microsoft), posted on a corporate ISP (Prodigy), and using a
computer made by a corporation. Can you say "hypocrite"?

>

[usenetquote2]> > Tom Lehman wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Jacobson--Yeah. Paid for by the public through the National Institute[/usenetquote2]
of
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > the military, or other government/public funded research and[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > capitalized on by the corporations and sold back to the public who[/usenetquote2]
paid
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > in the first place.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Oh please... when did the government or any of its agencies come up with[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > anything new?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
"revolutionary"
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > made in private companies who spend MUCH more money on such research than the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > government does.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
gibberish.
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > up with something new, they can use it to make money. Why, because you are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > willing to pay for that device/medication/invention. Why are you willing to pay[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > for it, because it will make your life better.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
on
    >
    >
    >
least
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > The vast majority of discoveries are made in companies today, and they capitlize[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > on it. If it hadn't been for the fact that they can, we wouldn't have those[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > inventions.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:05 am
John Jacobson

You failed to address the main point, namely that capitalist greed (not altruism or
the search for knowledge) is what motivated the production and distribution of those
life-saving technologies, equipment and medicines. That greed is able to have this
positive result, is because of the free enterprise system.

Science without application and use would just be mental masturbation.

>
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I never said that scientists in pursuit of knowledge for its own sake[/usenetquote2]
were
[usenetquote2]> > not a part of the process of discovery. But they are NOT responsible for[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > end result, which is the MRI, or the medicine, or etc. That was brought[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> > use and into practical application by the corporations.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > It does nobody any good to discover something until that something is implemented[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and distributed,[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > and scientists in pursuit of knowledge are NOT building and installing MRI[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > machines, or making and distributing medicine, or any of[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > other activities in the production and distribution process necessary[/usenetquote2]
for
[usenetquote2]> > the benefit of humanity. If you go get an MRI that finds a cancer in time to save[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > your life, that MRI machine was built and placed at that location[/usenetquote2]
by a
[usenetquote2]> > corporation, not by some scientist altruistically searching for new knowledge.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Your childlike naivete and ignorance on this matter is simply stunning.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:40 am
Philotsopher

>
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > And for the record I cannot be part of the KKK as I am not fully white.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

After reading your bullshit, I want to find out where I can join the KKK. If that
doesn't work, maybe I can joing the Aryan Nation. Then I can bring my buddies over to
KICK YOUR ASS!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:46 am
Tom Lehman

I guess next your going to tell us that the internet wasn't the result of publicly
funded government/military communications research and that Microsoft's sugar daddy
wasn't that long time corporate welfare king IBM.

John Jacobson wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > > Tom Lehman wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Jacobson--Yeah. Paid for by the public through the National Institute[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Health,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > the military, or other government/public funded research and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > development. Then[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > capitalized on by the corporations and sold back to the public who[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > for it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > in the first place.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Oh please... when did the government or any of its agencies come up with[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > anything new?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Geezus! You aren't a "foriegn" alien , you gotta be an extra terrestrial one.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > The millitary has come up with the beginnings of many of the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > advances in science and medicine. Ever hear of William Beaumont? Charles Drew?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > The best physicians learned their trades in places like Normandy,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Dieppe,Chosin,Viet Nam, and the Persian Gulf. Many Vaccines have their roots in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > BioWar (Ft. Dietrick). Jet propulsion is a direct benefit of the second big[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > mistake. Kevelar is a product of military research. Hell, the national weather[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > service started during the civil war as a branch of the US Army.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > The internet, as we know it, started as an unsecure message system used by the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > millitary/government to "network".[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Inventions and discoveries are in general[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > made in private companies who spend MUCH more money on such research than the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > government does.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Not only are you an E.T., but you're a pot smoking one with that[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Why? Because when they come[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > up with something new, they can use it to make money. Why, because you are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > willing to pay for that device/medication/invention. Why are you willing to pay[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > for it, because it will make your life better.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Why spend the money researching something when the gubmint will do it for you?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Makes better economic sense to me. Whilst the corporate slugs in the US spend[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > fewer "philanthropic" dollars[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Universities and such, the Japanese have componded their "donations", and have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > reaped the rewadrs of funding such research.No corporation in the US would do[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > such a thing unless it had a guaranteed instant proffit that was at[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > double the original "investment".[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > The vast majority of discoveries are made in companies today, and they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > capitlize on it. If it hadn't been for the fact that they can, we wouldn't have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > those inventions.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Forget the pot smoking.....It's clear you're on crack![/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:55 am
Philotsopher

[usenetquote2]> > And for the record I cannot be part of the KKK as I am not fully white.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

I don't lie. I am the Bringer of Truth.

>
    >
    >

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 7:59 am
Philotsopher

>

>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > Do you have the ability to talk without starting a sentence with an insult? Is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the world so hard from behind your white hood?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I would like to know Indian's version of the KKK because that's obviously what[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > you belong to.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

You deserve nothing but insults because you are either a traitor to the US because
you love H-1Bs, or an H-1B.

How can I assume that such people have more
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > You apparently have no clue whatsoever about H1B. Why would an H1B person not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > have the luxury of shopping around? It is trivial to transfer an H1 from one[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > company to another, today that process is even easier, since you are now[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > allowed to start working for the second company while the transfer is being[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > processed.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > That's a lie and you would know that if you knew the first thing about H-1B.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Why do I care whether H-1Bs can change jobs? Am I supposed to rejoice that there
lives are better as they ruin mine?

[usenetquote2]> > > My question to you then is, if I am a clueless ****face, and I know A LOT more[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > about H1s than you do, what does that make you?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > What an ass ****ing low life you are to accuse Kev of being a KKK member.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Kev has been way too nice to you.

[usenetquote2]> > After what you said here, I have to conclude that Kev is a very good judge of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > character and he figured you out completely.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

I think he might have called you a ****faced h-1b. Of course he was right.

Old Jun 3rd 2001, 8:02 am
Philotsopher

>
a
    >
been
    >
He
    >

Yes, H-1B bootlickers like you would love him. Personally I hope he let's you suck
his cock sometime, because I know how much you would love to kneel in front of
intellectually superior H-1Bs (of course they are all superior to Jacobshill).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.