Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Trade Promotion Authority May make H-1B Irrelevant, NAFTA Obsolete

Trade Promotion Authority May make H-1B Irrelevant, NAFTA Obsolete

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 7:27 am
Terje A. Bergesen

Kev wrote:

>

With the total lack of reasoning and total lack of any logical arguments whatsoever
in your postings, it wouldn't surprice me at all if you were the first
african-american applying for a KKK membership.

--
+------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
    >
[usenetquote2]| | Living it, loving it | http://ingrid.bivrost.com/ |[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 7:29 am
Terje A. Bergesen

Dan wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >

Well, since both Ken and the Philosopher have stated that you can not shop around for
a job when you have an H1B visa, which is so clearly wrong, I obviously know more
about H1s than they do.

--
    >
[usenetquote2]| | Living it, loving it | http://ingrid.bivrost.com/ |[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 7:36 am
Terje A. Bergesen

Philotsopher wrote:

[usenetquote2]> > Why would an indian living in luxury in India move to a small one bedroom[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > apartment shared with 10 others in San Jose, and keep living there, when he finds[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that he can join another company for 10 times the salary? Easily. Transferring[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > H1s is not magic you know.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Sence of adventure, search for something new and exciting. There are many reasons to
emmigrate or spend some years away from the country you were born in.

>
    >

I'll have a look later, but will sadly spend about a week away from anywhere I can
get to NEWS, so it will take some time.

>
    >

I have met very many indians on H1s, I have never seen any of them suffer (more than
most) and I have never met one who made less than about $65.000, or somewhere in that
neighborhood...

[usenetquote2]> > Abolishing H1Bs will not improve your life, or get you a job.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Well, I will allow my self the luxury of doubting it. If you have IT qualifications,
you should be able to find a job. I might even be able to help you, our company has
no problem hiring US citizens.

[usenetquote2]> > Open borders will probably improve your life considerably. All theory tells us,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and all practical experiments show that if you open for trade and immigration,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > both countries taking part in that exchange will profit. There will be changes,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > but these are not bad per se.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Experience and theory says otherwise.

[usenetquote2]> > And so do you. The US is BY FAR the richest country in the world, have you ever[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > wondered why? It has also become progressively richer as it has become more open?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Wrong again. The number of rich people in the US is higher today than ever before,
and more and more people are becoming rich. As I said, a disturbing number is on the
very poor side, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with H1Bs, since the poor are
mainly un-skilled labor.

>
    >

You are, but fewer are in the US than in most of modern history. In fact, one could
easily argue that the unemploymence in the US is FAR too low. It creates price
pressure and makes things more expensive for all of us. 4.4% is very close to 0.

--
    >

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 7:39 am
Terje A. Bergesen

Philotsopher wrote:

[usenetquote2]> > They create jobs, some in the US, who has the lowest unemployment in a very[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > long time.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

A slight increase, less than expected. Now at 4.4%. That is as close to nothing as
you can get in a healthy society.

>

No, but Nike is doing a good job.

[usenetquote2]> > What wrong did these corporate greedsters do so that the number of people[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > starving to death has been halved while the worlds population has increased by[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > almost 50%? Where is their crime?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

They are not saints, they are "robbers". They are greedy. As they should be. Since
their greed has created more wealth, more food and more luxury for more people than
ever in mankinds history. And it is still improving, substantially.

Oh, this is not a belief, it is hard fact, take a look at how many people starve in
the world today. Take a look at wealth, take a look at unemployment.

>

Says who?

--
    >

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 8:28 am
Dan

Terje, you are a ****face. Please stop defending yourself-- you will find no sympathy
here asshole.

On Sat, 02 Jun 2001 07:26:35 GMT, "Terje A. Bergesen"

>

>
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > Do you have the ability to talk without starting a sentence with an insult? Is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > the world so hard from behind your white hood?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> I would like to know Indian's version of the KKK because that's obviously what you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> belong to.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > You apparently have no clue whatsoever about H1B. Why would an H1B person not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > have the luxury of shopping around? It is trivial to transfer an H1 from one[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > company to another, today that process is even easier, since you are now allowed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > to start working for the second company while the transfer is being processed.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> That's a lie and you would know that if you knew the first thing about H-1B.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > My question to you then is, if I am a clueless ****face, and I know A LOT more[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > about H1s than you do, what does that make you?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> What an ass ****ing low life you are to accuse Kev of being a KKK member.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> After what you said here, I have to conclude that Kev is a very good judge of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> character and he figured you out completely.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 8:31 am
Dan

Yes, obviously you do Terje ********er Bergesen. Do you have anything else to brag
about or have you covered everything yet? Only people with very low self-esteem try
to tell others how much they know or how good they are. Maybe you are trying to
convince yourself.

On Sat, 02 Jun 2001 07:29:00 GMT, "Terje A. Bergesen"

>
[usenetquote2]>> Typical arrogant attitude of guests in this country. They claim they know a lot[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> more than we do, they are better at everything than us and they make more money[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> than us.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 8:32 am
Dan

4.4%-- yeah right. It is almost as if no layoffs have ever occurred. Amazing that we
have a record number of layoffs in 2001 and unemployment is going down.

On Sat, 02 Jun 2001 07:39:49 GMT, "Terje A. Bergesen"

>

>
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > They create jobs, some in the US, who has the lowest unemployment in a very long[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > time.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> You must not read the news. Unemployment is spiking up big time.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> DOW and Microsoft will save the world.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > What wrong did these corporate greedsters do so that the number of people[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > starving to death has been halved while the worlds population has increased by[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > almost 50%? Where is their crime?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Since you believe corporate robber barons are saints, I wouldn't be able to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> convince you of anything else. You are a true convert.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> I will move to Ethiopia, where paradise awaits.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 2:00 pm
Kev

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not African American!!!!

You love to make assumptions!

HAAHHAAHAHAH!!

Your a ****ing idiot you know that!!!!!

HAAHAHAHAH!

Funny how these foreigners establish a non-white a being black. I could be Chinese,
Japanese, Mexican, Italian, Brazilians, Korean, Chinese, etc...

Idiot!

If this is how you program your product will surely fail. If this is your logical
reasoning skills your team is in some serious trouble.

Yup, you a real bright bulb arent you W2 boy.

On Sat, 02 Jun 2001 07:27:49 GMT, "Terje A. Bergesen"

>
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> And for the record I cannot be part of the KKK as I am not fully white.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 5:52 pm
John Jacobson

[usenetquote2]> > Borders wthin the United States already are open for the movement of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > workers. It hasn't done the U.S. any harm. Does a highly-paid inhabitant[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Winnetka, Illinois have to worry about the cheap labor that can freely immigrate[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to Illinois from the poverty-stricken mountains of West[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > bringing his wages down to West Virginia hillbillie levels?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
coal
    >
South
    >
    >

God, you are even dumber than usual here. The populations of South America,
Mexico, India and China are not coming into the US. The population West Virginia
is 1,793,477 (1990 census), which is several times larger than the number of
H-1B's in the US. If you tally up the number of poor people in the US, you get a
number that far outstrips the 2 million IT workers. There are people earning less
than $19,000 a year as full time workers (which ius far less than what H-1B's
make) in parts of the US economy, and they can freely move to any part of the US
they want. If cost is the only factor that firms care about then these poor people
have a far greater allure than H-1B's when it comes to lowering wages.

That proves once and for all that you
    >

No, it proves you are a moron.

>
Dummies"

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 6:00 pm
John Jacobson

Yes they do.

>

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 6:00 pm
John Jacobson

>

Terje wasn't calling you a KKK member, that was just philotsopher lying about what
other people are saying.

(BTW, I can't be a member of the KKK because I am not a Christian, and because I
have a brain, lest any philotsopher-type moron try to say otherwise.)

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 6:01 pm
John Jacobson

>
[usenetquote2]> > Hello Asshole Terje ****face,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > H1s do not have the luxury of shopping around for a better job. Do you know[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > anything about H1s, you ****ing clueless clown?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Dan forgot to cut the eyeholes!!

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 6:02 pm
John Jacobson

[usenetquote2]> > Hello Asshole Terje ****face,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > H1s do not have the luxury of shopping around for a better job. Do you know[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > anything about H1s, you ****ing clueless clown?[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

The implications of NAFTA? We have record low unemployment and higher real income
than ever before. Do you know anythiing at all or is your encyclopedic knowledge
of Apache the only extent of your knowledge?

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 6:04 pm
John Jacobson

They did find other jobs. Unemployment is at only 4.4%, which is lower than before
NAFTA was enacted. Please educate yourself on the issue before you discuss it.

"Kev" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> >> >> Your question is mostly irrelevant because this open border scenario[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >won't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >> take into consideration exchange rates, work conditions, quality of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >life[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >> etc. etc. It's very obvious that an Indian would be perfectly[/usenetquote2]
willing
[usenetquote2]> >to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >> work in the US for a fraction of what a middle class worker expects[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> >> >> make - that is the only thing that is important here.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >Why is that perfectly obvious? If he did he would have to be remarkably stupid.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >If, for example, he works in San Jose, and will need to pay for a place to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >stay, say he gets it cheap at $1700/month. Why would he ba satisfied with say[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >$40.000/year?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >A little shopping around, and he would find that he could double that if he has[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >some experience? Why would he settle for a fraction of what a middle class[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >worker expects to get?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >--[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >+------------------------+-------------------------------------------+[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >| Terje A. Bergesen | [email protected] | Santa Monica, CA |[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >| http://terje.bivrost.com/ | Living it, loving it |[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >| http://ingrid.bivrost.com/ |[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Jun 2nd 2001, 6:06 pm
John Jacobson

[usenetquote2]> > You apparently have no clue whatsoever about H1B. Why would an H1B person not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have the luxury of shopping around? It is trivial to transfer an H1 from one[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > company to another, today that process is even easier, since you are now allowed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to start working for the second company while the transfer is being processed.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
H-1B.

No, it is not a lie. It is the truth. It just happens to contradict your
prejudices to the contrary, so you dismiss it as a "lie" when you know it is the
truth and has been the truth since October. You anti-H-1Bers are such a bunch of
transparent lying losers it is just hilarious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.