Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Tip/ gift for realtor?

Tip/ gift for realtor?

Old Jun 17th 2015, 2:03 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tip/ gift for realtor?

Originally Posted by not2old
Realtors are not your friend, they get paid for selling property - its their chosen profession, a job, not unlike any other pay for work.

From my experience of buying & selling the eight homes we've lived in over the past 40 odd years, its just something about dealing with realtors that is similar to a car salesperson, it get on my nerves.

Unfortunately its one of those things one has to deal with buying & selling real estate, especially the selling part, having to pay a fat commission for what - what does the agent do for their money in this 'everything is on line internet' these days.
Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Spend a few days in a real estate office and you'll see they do more then people want to admit agents do.
smoke & mirrors....

Suppose JS you had a house on the market listed MLS for the world to see, No additional add-on services, simply sign on the lawn, no open house, no newspaper advertising. In today's market the house sells within 30 days with the seller paying 4% + commission.

I suppose you believe its value for money & that the agent should be rewarded further?

Real estate brokerage like any other business is in it for money.

I have yet to see an agent or owner/broker drive a clapped out vehicle, dress in rags, eat food from the food bank or be on subsidy

I'm sure there is somewhere a salary survey of the earnings of a full time real estate agents .... just saying
Old Jun 18th 2015, 1:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
smoke & mirrors....

Suppose JS you had a house on the market listed MLS for the world to see, No additional add-on services, simply sign on the lawn, no open house, no newspaper advertising. In today's market the house sells within 30 days with the seller paying 4% + commission.

I suppose you believe its value for money & that the agent should be rewarded further?

Real estate brokerage like any other business is in it for money.

I have yet to see an agent or owner/broker drive a clapped out vehicle, dress in rags, eat food from the food bank or be on subsidy

I'm sure there is somewhere a salary survey of the earnings of a full time real estate agents .... just saying
They provide a service, nobody is forcing you to use their service to sell or buy, you can sell by owner, but it may take a long time to sell, but it's an option if you so choose.

Not sure what food banks, subsidies etc have to do with anything, and yes some real estate agents especially young ones may make very little if anything their first 5 years, my wifes agency (she is not an agent) was several agents who have yet to make any money because they have so few listings, no name recognition and so on.

Here agency advertises weekly in the newspaper, the agents average 12 hour days 7 days a week, always working for the most part, and just about all have open houses on the weekends to attend to.

If you don't like the commission rates, simply do not use their services, your not being forced to.

There is that 1% realty outfit as well you can choose.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 8:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
They provide a service, nobody is forcing you to use their service to sell or buy, you can sell by owner, but it may take a long time to sell, but it's an option if you so choose.

Not sure what food banks, subsidies etc have to do with anything, and yes some real estate agents especially young ones may make very little if anything their first 5 years, my wifes agency (she is not an agent) was several agents who have yet to make any money because they have so few listings, no name recognition and so on.

Here agency advertises weekly in the newspaper, the agents average 12 hour days 7 days a week, always working for the most part, and just about all have open houses on the weekends to attend to.

If you don't like the commission rates, simply do not use their services, your not being forced to.

There is that 1% realty outfit as well you can choose.
I think the point is though, they're earning a fair wedge out of the commission, that they don't need to be tipped on top of it :/