Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Time for another gun thread

Time for another gun thread

Old Jul 27th 2015, 12:40 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time for another gun thread

It's been a while, and while the US isn't exactly short of shooting incidents to debate, this one seems particularly disturbing.

The shooter looks like he's in a whole lot of trouble, and rightly so, though what possessed the victim to follow the shooter to the shooter's home and get out of his car to confront the shooter, I have no idea. In a country where there are many needless shootings, the victim made a very odd choice.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time for another gun thread

There was a similar road rage incident a few weeks ago, a grandfather was killed with a knife.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 1:35 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

It's yet another appalling story of miss use of a firearm.
But it's so common that it takes something like this to even make the headlines.
I'm not against firearms per say but this country needs to get a grip on itself.
Unfortunately I don't think that this is possible, the horse has long since left the stable.
As depressing as it is I just have to tell myself that this is part of the cost of being able to carry a gun so freely.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 1:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
There was a similar road rage incident a few weeks ago in the UK, a grandfather was killed with a knife.
FIFY, right?
Old Jul 27th 2015, 1:49 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by excpomea
It's yet another appalling story of miss use of a firearm.
But it's so common that it takes something like this to even make the headlines.
I'm not against firearms per say but this country needs to get a grip on itself.
Unfortunately I don't think that this is possible, the horse has long since left the stable.
As depressing as it is I just have to tell myself that this is part of the cost of being able to carry a gun so freely.
I'm not against firearm ownership either, but this guy was just a pussy. Yeah, the deceased probably didn't make the best decision to follow him, but christ, what kind of world do we live in if you can't call out someone for being a cnut without getting shot for it?
Old Jul 27th 2015, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
... but christ, what kind of world do we live in if you can't call out someone for being a cnut without getting shot for it?
... the United States of America?
Old Jul 27th 2015, 2:36 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

204 multiple shootings by day 204 of the year..
Old Jul 27th 2015, 2:41 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
... the United States of America?
In a country so focused on personal responsibility, it makes no sense. If you're a ****, you're a **** and people will point that out. It is what it is, or at least it should be.

Anyway, this case is pretty cut and dry - the guy is as guilty as a dog sitting next to a pile of poo, so he'll get dealt with. Makes one wonder how many other times shit like this happens but on quiet roads somewhere where we may not hear of it.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
204 multiple shootings by day 204 of the year..
Well, it's nice and symmetrical I suppose.

This one wasn't a multiple shooting though, that implies more than one person were shot. This was just one bloke shot five times.

We didn't have quite enough needless pedantry in here either.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 2:43 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

If I was ever going to shoot someone it would probably be a person who followed me to my home and approached me. I think that would rattle me, as I don't have a gun, I would not be rattled enough to use a gun.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 2:45 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by kimilseung
If I was ever going to shoot someone it would probably be a person who followed me to my home and approached me. I think that would rattle me, as I don't have a gun, I would not be rattled enough to use a gun.
I don't think this guy was rattled though. I tend to think that if he was, he'd have missed. We have had many discussions on here about how difficult it is even for a professional to be accurate with a pistol.

This sounds more like he was planning to cap him
Old Jul 27th 2015, 2:58 pm

If the shooter had gone inside and stayed inside, and the victim had then tried to enter the house by breaking down the door or smashing a window and then the shooter had shot the victim, the police would have sent some to remove the body and give the shooter a pat on the back for killing violent criminal.

However the shooter came back out of his house with a gun, to confront someone who he was supposed to be afraid of. It doesn't add up to anything much more than a cold-blooded killing. The shooter should consider himself lucky if he only gets 10 years for the killing.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 3:05 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose I am thinking that Doyles first mistake was owning a gun. As the stats seem to show that suicide and murder are more likely outcomes if you own a gun then if you don't.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
FIFY, right?
Hampshire I think, he was 80 something and the killer was 30 something, they did catch him.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

I suppose I am thinking that Doyles first mistake was owning a gun. As the stats seem to show that suicide and murder are more likely outcomes if you own a gun then if you don't.
Or a knife.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of angry people out there............and they got guns.

Road rage is very scary. When people are brake checking or trying to run another car off the road it is actually an attempted assault on the other drivers life as well as the passengers in that car. And as the article only gives accounts of he said/he said, we don't really know what happened in the road rage altercation.

What we do know is the murderer could have gone inside his house waiting for police to arrive. He didn't. He deserves everything he gets in court.

Some people think Stand Your Ground = I can shoot anyone that has pissed me off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.