Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / The Trailer Park

Old Oct 1st 2017, 4:45 am   #3736
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Inhumans was dreadful! Even with the recycled Game of Thrones villain, it couldn't come close to being watchable! No wonder Rotten Tomatoes gave it 7%

Watched a couple of episodes of The Good Place on Netflix and it is quite fun.

Trying to decide if I like The Orville or not. It tries too hard to be funny and deliver serious sci-fi at the same time and doesn't quite hit the mark as either.

Even the music in The Good Doctor was reminiscent of House. Not sure how long this one will last.

The Brave is Homeland Lite.

If they think Star Trek: Discovery is good enough to get people to pay for CBS All Access, I doubt it will. It's just not good enough and, using a dead, recycled Walking Dead cast member is debatable too!

I hate premiere season. While I look forward to the return of some great shows like Blue Bloods and The Big Bang Theory (still sharp!), the new ones are an enigma. It'd hard to decide whether a new show is good and I can guarantee, if I like it, it'll get canned anyway!
Guindalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st 2017, 4:11 pm   #3737
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post

The Last Ship, still watching it, but it's moved on to a virus killing off plants, which is rather daft.

We quite enjoyed the first series - despite a few questionable plot decisions, it was a novel and entertaining show. Then series 2 came along and was really silly/boring. What series are we up to now?
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 3:07 am   #3738
Bob Male
Not so super superslob
Super Moderator

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
We quite enjoyed the first series - despite a few questionable plot decisions, it was a novel and entertaining show. Then series 2 came along and was really silly/boring. What series are we up to now?
It's series 4, now.

Series 3 was chasing bad people playing around with vaccines.

Star Trek, well I kind of enjoyed the first couple of episodes, but this third episode was pretty turgid and boring. We shall see.

Immigrants should be tarred and feathered....Yes, I like it kinky.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th 2017, 1:39 pm   #3739
Bob Male
Not so super superslob
Super Moderator

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The Gifted...can't say I'm warming to the characters, but I'll give it more of a go. It's about mutants, set after X-Men folks cleared out.

It is better than Inhumans, though, which is still terrible. The worst Marvel type jobby yet.

Old Oct 12th 2017, 4:53 pm   #3740
Super Moderator

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
The Gifted...can't say I'm warming to the characters, but I'll give it more of a go. It's about mutants, set after X-Men folks cleared out.

It is better than Inhumans, though, which is still terrible. The worst Marvel type jobby yet.
Can’t stand those sort of programs.

Please contact me here if you have any site related problems.
Jerseygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th 2017, 6:25 pm   #3741
Bob Male
Not so super superslob
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Can’t stand those sort of programs.
Some of them aren't to bad. The cameo's are kind of fun.

Valor, was a bit of a cheesy, silly army drama, following the flood of the ilk recently with The Brave and Seal Team. This time focusing on an annoying army pilot. It's okay, but nothing amazing or too original. Has the chick from Blood Drive.

Old Oct 12th 2017, 6:48 pm   #3742
Anian Male
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I stopped watching Agents of Shield a season or two ago. The lack of superheroes made it a bit boring, then when they added some it became the dumbest plots ever.

My mum always called it Marvelous Agents.

I watch hardly any tv now, no time in the evenings like I used to.
Anian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / The Trailer Park