Tele

Old Feb 1st 2017, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Originally Posted by Steerpike
What does the team think about 'Stranger things' on Netflix? It just won a bunch of awards, so i'm wondering if its worth it.
It starts slowly. If you can watch Twin Peaks then you'll be okay. I liked it. Good for binge-watching, and it's only a short season (8 episodes I think) so it's not like a marathon. Very 80s.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 9:11 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I gather it's an older show that I hadn't heard of, but recently watched the Worricker trilogy on Amazon with a very nice performance by Bill Nighy as an MI5 officer and an excellent cast. Now watching the Aussie drama The Kettering Incident, which I think has been on PBS, and is very gripping.
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 3:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of Canadian shows that have started. Pure, about a down and out cop working a drugs gang angle amongst a Mennonite community and as odd as it sounded, has been a great show with a bit of a dark humour to it.

Another show that's a couple episodes in is Cardinal. Not seen this yet, but it's a cop drama about a odd murder. Canadians have done some good cop drama's so it's worth a punt.
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Check out "Bloodlines" on Netflix. Set in Florida Keys.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm finally getting drawn in to Victoria on PBS. G/f was watching it and I ignored it but finally I'm starting to appreciate it, and will try to catch all the episodes from the beginning. Sort of a tamer version of 'the Crown' perhaps.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 5:00 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I'm finally getting drawn in to Victoria on PBS. G/f was watching it and I ignored it but finally I'm starting to appreciate it, and will try to catch all the episodes from the beginning. Sort of a tamer version of 'the Crown' perhaps.
With a bit of Upstairs, Downstairs and Downton Abbey thrown in since some of the scenes take place in the palace kitchens.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
With a bit of Upstairs, Downstairs and Downton Abbey thrown in since some of the scenes take place in the palace kitchens.
True. Thinking about it more, what I enjoyed perhaps most about "The Crown" was the insight it gave into the whole 'palace staff' situation; not the same as the 'downstairs' staff, but the whole nonsense with the private secretaries, the 'equerry' situation, and the constant presence of 'hangers on' and almost total lack of privacy. The way Princess Margaret was 'handled' by the staff, against the express wishes of the Queen, was interesting.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 2:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Taken, based on the movie has begun....anyone catch the opener?
Old Feb 28th 2017, 2:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Just started to watch it...but I think it is doomed. Prequels rarely work..as do TV spin offs of movies...plus who can hold a candle to Liam Neelson?

Edit: it's so obvious it's filmed in Toronto. One of the opening scenes is the cream and green Go Train.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 28th 2017 at 2:30 am.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 1:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Just started to watch it...but I think it is doomed. Prequels rarely work..as do TV spin offs of movies...plus who can hold a candle to Liam Neelson?
Lethal Weapon, has been silly fun, Frequency was okay. Not sure about Training Day though as I've not bothered with it.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm really enjoying 'Big Little Lies' on HBO. At first, when the g/f started watching it, it seemed full of annoying, inconsequential squabbling, but as I started to pay more attention, I've learned to really enjoy the various characters and the direction of the story.

The portrayal of 'domestic violence' is very scary; the whole Nicole Kidman / Alexander SkarsgÄrd dynamic is very well done (I can only guess at how realistic it is, but it sure seems convincing to me!).

The school bullying story is also quite interesting.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 5:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Snatch, on Crackle was a lot of fun. Stupid though and episodes were a little inconsistent but over all, rather amusing.

Marvel's Iron Fist. This is rather stupid too and I'm not sure I like all the character choices, but over all have been enjoying that. Lots of fun fights, which is the only real reason for watching it as the storyline is pretty weak in this.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 7:12 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Oh my God, seriously? TV spin off of one of the worst movie franchises ever, it just might be worth a gawk at!
Old Mar 24th 2017, 7:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Oh my God, seriously? TV spin off of one of the worst movie franchises ever, it just might be worth a gawk at!
It's actually not all that shit. It's not very closely tied to the movie at all though....Bunch of people working on a team to sort out bad guys. Bit MacGyvery really.

I enjoy it...but it's really not going to win any awards either. Actually, it's pretty bad, but whatever, I still enjoy it
Old Mar 24th 2017, 10:44 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It's actually not all that shit. It's not very closely tied to the movie at all though....Bunch of people working on a team to sort out bad guys. Bit MacGyvery really.

I enjoy it...but it's really not going to win any awards either. Actually, it's pretty bad, but whatever, I still enjoy it
I might give it a miss, but I am defo giving Snatch a try. If you pardon the expression.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.