Tele

Old Apr 25th 2011, 11:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tele

Originally Posted by Desdemona
Something to look forward to -- starting March 27 on HBO at 9 p.m.

A new Mini series, Mildred Pierce with Kate Winslet

http://www.hbo.com/mildred-pierce/ab...cle/about.html
Finally finished watching the whole thing and it was a bit shit.

The first episode was so slow and annoying that it put me off watching the whole thing but we did...it got better in the second and third episode, but went back to be naff and annoying in the final two episodes.

You just ended up wanting to punch the main character in the face and her daughter should have been drowned at birth. Unlike-able muppets, the whole lot of them, except the ex-husband.

The cars were really cool though and I liked the sound track.

I've not seen the original, but someone said, and if true, would have made this a lot more entertaining, in the opener to the movie that sets the whole pace as a look back on her life...

Spoiler:

Apparently, the daughter shoots Monty and to get her off they want her mum to take the blame, so Monty tells the cops when they find him that it was Mildred, the mother.

She's arrested and realises, and only just now? That her daughter is a raging bitch and that Monty is the biggest cock in the west and so tells the cops her life story of how at every turn her daughter and Monty are screwing her over and that she just isn't going to cover for her daughter any more.

Certainly would have been more amusing at least
Old Apr 26th 2011, 6:47 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Game of Thrones started, another Camelot type of deal
Game of Thrones looks like it has promise, George Romero makes a cross between Camelot (but good) and Lord of the Rings, I don't know where its going, but I am happy to go along with it.

Camelot is garbage, I can forgive all sorts of crap, I can watch nonsense, but I can not forgive something that is boring. I just kept waiting for it to end (episode 4). Tedious. Terrible script, poor acting, questionable casting. I hope her that tells me what to watch, cancels our viewing of this. Only saving grace: Wicklow Mountains look great.

Originally Posted by Juswus
Mob Wives
I have no idea how much this is staged, but it is amazing that people live like this. Car crash TV, I can't turn away from the horror of it.
"People look at the mob, and they don't relaize there is a downside"
Old Apr 26th 2011, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Camelot is garbage, I can forgive all sorts of crap, I can watch nonsense, but I can not forgive something that is boring. I just kept waiting for it to end (episode 4). Tedious. Terrible script, poor acting, questionable casting. I hope her that tells me what to watch, cancels our viewing of this. Only saving grace: Wicklow Mountains look great.
Arthur is bloody awful, bring back Oliver Tobias
Old Apr 26th 2011, 5:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Game of Thrones looks like it has promise, George Romero makes a cross between Camelot (but good) and Lord of the Rings, I don't know where its going, but I am happy to go along with it.
The second episode was definitely a lot better than the first, especially now that there is a bit of a back story to this thing.

Still a bit shit though, but worth continuing with as it has improved.
Old May 2nd 2011, 12:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

King

It's a new Canadian drama, couple episodes in, but heard it was worth a watch if anyone catches it.
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

OK caught up with Game of Thrones, quite enjoying it
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bob
King

It's a new Canadian drama, couple episodes in, but heard it was worth a watch if anyone catches it.
Really rather liked this!

It's quite a gritty, serious drama, little dark in places, but also some great amusing lines to lighten the tone up a bit now and again. Well worth catching.
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Really rather liked this!

It's quite a gritty, serious drama, little dark in places, but also some great amusing lines to lighten the tone up a bit now and again. Well worth catching.
Was it shown on US TV...if so what channel please?
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Was it shown on US TV...if so what channel please?
Showtime I think it was...but I got it through...other avenues
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Showtime I think it was...but I got it through...other avenues
We subscribe to Showtime...but I've searched Fios with 'King' and still can't find it.
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We subscribe to Showtime...but I've searched Fios with 'King' and still can't find it.
weird...everytime I searched, I kept getting that Kings show that was canned
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
weird...everytime I searched, I kept getting that Kings show that was canned
It's this one, isn't it? http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=246281&lid=7
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
yeah, that's the one, guess it wasn't Show Time, so Canadian only...but that chap on the right, he's been in quite a few shows, Heartland, and some other show that has just started in Canada I think.
Old May 26th 2011, 1:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

So Chaos has officially been cancelled from being on "hiatus" status, which is a shame, kind of liked that.

Game of Thrones, weirdly after a bunch of episodes, really enjoying this now, after a bit of a meh first episode.

Camelot, after really loving the first couple of episodes, now finding it really slow and stale, getting pretty shit a bunch of episodes in now.

Just started watching Sea Patrol, it's a Oz show, 5th series just started a few weeks ago...really enjoying it. Daft, silly show, but fun bit of drama this. It's about a naval patrol boat, dealing with pirates, drug runners and all kinds of coastal stuff. Each series seems to have a different back story that they go into and cover, but each episode could be seen as a one off too, though the back story seems to be interesting. The Cape chap was in this too.
Old May 26th 2011, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

HumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond reputeHumphreyC has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got a Roku box? Been a bit of a gamechanger in my household as I have downloaded a lot of shite UK TV and have been streaming it to the TV from my computer. Managed to get the yanks addicted to 'Come Dine with Me', 'Country House Rescue' and 'Eurotrash'.

Managed to get them into Rugby as well during the Six Nations - in fact quite a few said it is 'way better then American Football'. Who knows, what might happen with the World Cup this year and the lockout on the horizon.

Also anyone seen the Borgias - I downloaded it all from youtube and clipped it together using Camtasia having heard it was good but haven't watched it as yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.