teenagers....

Old Aug 20th 2015, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: teenagers....

How old is the littlest and the big bro?
Old Aug 20th 2015, 1:20 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Does anyone else worry that they are turning out sociopaths?
I'm not worried about that at all. I like sociopaths.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 2:30 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I'm not worried about that at all. I like sociopaths.
Ah, but do they like you?
Old Aug 20th 2015, 2:49 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
Ah, but do they like you?
I'm not bothered either way.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 3:06 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmood
Quite the reverse, the worse she is the more he tries to do and the more time he spends with her and on her to make her better.
You don't think she has figured this out?, they learn that as toddlers. "If I want attention knock over the cereal". He is making a rod for his own back!

The thing is we all know they grow out of the teenage stage, it's actually quite amusing when it's not driving you insane and it absolutely helps to know that we are experiencing some of the same hurdles.

Update, with 4 days left to go The Dude has been up by 10.00am...progress people...progress...
Old Aug 20th 2015, 3:57 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Update, with 4 days left to go The Dude has been up by 10.00am...progress people...progress...
We still have over a week to go (1st Sept is our D-day) and #2 Q-son is improving daily (8.00am today), #1 Q-son is still nocturnal.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 4:50 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

my dear son sent me an email about his sport for the next year.... at 2.36 this morning

next week is going to be a bit of shock to the system for him.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 6:00 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Monday morning gonna be like...
Attached Thumbnails teenagers....-image.jpg  
Old Aug 20th 2015, 6:10 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Monday morning gonna be like...
Make it like ripping a band aid off. They're (I assume yours is close in age to mine if he's driving) 16/17 now, they don't need coddled.

We didn't bother easing him into it, I just let him go from his summer vacation schedule to up at 6:00 on his first day back. It's character building
Old Aug 20th 2015, 7:27 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

First few days have gone ok, Monday and Tuesday she was up and dressed by the time I went to check at 7am. Wednesday is a late start, but she was meeting friends for frapuccinos and pastries (how old is she???), I set my alarm for 7.30am but got a text from her at 7.15 saying, "are you awake", to which I replied "I am now, what do you want?", the reply came back "lol, sorry, just wondered if you were awake yet" The reply in my head had too many expletives to send to a 13 year old.

Today, I had to wake her up, but it only took 1 go. I'm away all next week, so by the time I get back, I'm sure it'll be back to dragging her ass out of bed, and the sullen drive to school while she comes around.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 12:03 am
Turning into a PA gal!

Originally Posted by N1cky
Today, I had to wake her up, but it only took 1 go. I'm away all next week, so by the time I get back, I'm sure it'll be back to dragging her ass out of bed, and the sullen drive to school while she comes around.
We are (mostly) spared the drive with sullen sleepy teens as they catch the school bus (mostly). If one or both misses it then, we get the drive to school - though I will be sorely tempted to tell them to wait for the public bus (advantage of living in a college town) and let them arrive late.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

I'm dropping my 14yo off at boarding school tomorrow *mwahahah*
Old Aug 21st 2015, 4:24 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
We are (mostly) spared the drive with sullen sleepy teens as they catch the school bus (mostly). If one or both misses it then, we get the drive to school - though I will be sorely tempted to tell them to wait for the public bus (advantage of living in a college town) and let them arrive late.
We don't have school buses here

Originally Posted by kins
Oh yikes, hope that goes ok. Can I ask why you took that decision?

As much as my teen winds me up, I'd hate not to have her home everyday.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 11:59 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kins
((HUG)) I hope it's not too far away. Will they be coming home at weekends?

I just left my eldest at Uni and I'm crying buckets. She's only 30 minutes away ........
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
((HUG)) I hope it's not too far away. Will they be coming home at weekends?

I just left my eldest at Uni and I'm crying buckets. She's only 30 minutes away ........
Awww...

For years, I've been tossing out the 'when the kids leave home' line in the sense of 'party, party, PARTY!' But it struck me very recently that we're not that far off that stage; we're closing on a house in a week or so, and it hit me that it's likely the very last house our 15 yr old will share with as as his full-time home. And I'm suddenly sad about it... he's just got to a really amusing age, where he's equal adult conversational company, and savagely, bitingly funny.

Luckily it sounds like he'll turn into a monster in a year or so, and I'll be glad to see the back of him at 18

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.