teenagers....

Old Aug 9th 2015, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: teenagers....

I'm loving this thread, but it does make me think were we all as appalling as teenagers?

I seem to remember the odd tiff, making me save up half for my Chopper was a killer

But really................?
Old Aug 9th 2015, 2:32 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

In my early twenties I took a then-boyfriend home to meet the folks. I was a bit put-out to hear mum telling him that she was actually quite glad when I left home!!

The first christmas I didn't spend at home and went gallivanting instead, mum told me that when she heard I wasn't coming back for christmas she went out and bought a dishwasher - so I must have been doing something useful all those years.
Old Aug 9th 2015, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear - some sad stories there, which are giving me a lot of laughs. I'm a grandparent, see, with lovely granddaughters of 15 and 12 whom I am with only twice a year for two weeks at a time - once in their country, once in mine. To those on this thread who are a generation younger than I am - you just have to hang in there, people. When your kids have children of their own you will be able to enjoy them (the latter) and have none of the responsibilities. Hasten the day, eh?
Old Aug 10th 2015, 1:40 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj6372
I'm loving this thread, but it does make me think were we all as appalling as teenagers?

I seem to remember the odd tiff, making me save up half for my Chopper was a killer

But really................?
No, we were a better class of teenager. The ones who turned 13 in the 90s are the gold standard, of course.

Millennials and whatever the subsequent crop are called (if they are considered separate) are just cnuts.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 2:41 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
I'm a grandparent, see, with lovely granddaughters of 15 and 12 whom I am with only twice a year for two weeks at a time - once in their country, once in mine. To those on this thread who are a generation younger than I am - you just have to hang in there, people. When your kids have children of their own you will be able to enjoy them (the latter) and have none of the responsibilities. Hasten the day, eh?
Absolutely! I can't wait to be a grandparent.

It seems a nice reward for all the years of being a parent....
Old Aug 10th 2015, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

My 6 year old step daughter is already a complete nightmare. She's currently seeing a counsellor who suspects she may be either bipolar or have ADHD which runs in her side of the family. We really need super nanny in to deal with her. I ****** dread to think what she will be like in her teens.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 2:17 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1439561837

made me laugh and not too far removed from truth!
Attached Thumbnails teenagers....-minecraft-pic.jpg  
Old Aug 14th 2015, 2:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1439561837

made me laugh and not too far removed from truth!
That is really very accurate
Old Aug 18th 2015, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

My single dad US boyfriend has an 11 year old daughter whom he adores and with whom he is totally consumed. I know she is and can be as difficult as the stories in this thread but I hear none of the sentiment from my boyfriend. Quite the reverse, the worse she is the more he tries to do and the more time he spends with her and on her to make her better.

I'm NOT at all saying the sentiments in this thread are wrong, I'm sure I would feel pretty much the same (having no kids of my own) but I'm wondering where the stark difference is coming from. Could it be a UK vs US culture thing? Or do you think it's just that my boyfriend is "different"?
Old Aug 18th 2015, 9:28 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by jmood
My single dad US boyfriend has an 11 year old daughter whom he adores and with whom he is totally consumed. I know she is and can be as difficult as the stories in this thread but I hear none of the sentiment from my boyfriend. Quite the reverse, the worse she is the more he tries to do and the more time he spends with her and on her to make her better.

I'm NOT at all saying the sentiments in this thread are wrong, I'm sure I would feel pretty much the same (having no kids of my own) but I'm wondering where the stark difference is coming from. Could it be a UK vs US culture thing? Or do you think it's just that my boyfriend is "different"?
His daughter is eleven. Give it a couple of years and he'll be ready to throw himself under a train like the rest of us.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 10:48 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think your boyfriend is any different.

I think most people try spend more as much time with their kids as they can, and coming on here and having a moan about your kid, is different to actually doing it face to face. Where I might say on here, "she was a total 'mare today", I wouldn't say that to her. Likewise I would say it to my husband, but probably not to someone who I was starting a relationship with, I wouldn't want to scare them off
Old Aug 18th 2015, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I don't think your boyfriend is any different.

I think most people try spend more as much time with their kids as they can, and coming on here and having a moan about your kid, is different to actually doing it face to face. Where I might say on here, "she was a total 'mare today", I wouldn't say that to her. Likewise I would say it to my husband, but probably not to someone who I was starting a relationship with, I wouldn't want to scare them off
Our relationship is not that new, it matured before he started needing to devote this much time to his child. Actually he is scaring me with how unavailable he is due to the time he feels he needs to dedicate to her to (a)make her feel secure (has issues with her own mum and (b)to give as much to her in every way possible while he (my BF) is in good health and able, so that she can be the best she can in life. Not scaring me with how much/many issues she has (seems she has plenty - but isn't that life). Part of that scare may be how "consumed" he seems to be with her - though of course being a good parent gets him stars the degree of "consumption/devotion" may be questionable. Though of course, again, not having any of my own, I can't speak with any authority.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 11:45 pm
Austin. TX.

Though of course, again, not having any of my own, I can't speak with any authority.

Actually, now is the only time you can be the "perfect" parent...... so easy to know everything before the sleepless nights! I know, I was once that perfect parent.

This thread is HUMOUROUS!! Many of us have laughed at the anecdotes seeing the universal truths behind them.

My eldest is off in 2 days to go to Uni. I've told her I'm renting out her room, she informs me that she's changing her phone number....
Old Aug 18th 2015, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Actually, now is the only time you can be the "perfect" parent...... so easy to know everything before the sleepless nights! I know, I was once that perfect parent.

This thread is HUMOUROUS!! Many of us have laughed at the anecdotes seeing the universal truths behind them.

My eldest is off in 2 days to go to Uni. I've told her I'm renting out her room, she informs me that she's changing her phone number....
Old Aug 20th 2015, 2:55 am
Austin. TX.

Does anyone else worry that they are turning out sociopaths?

Littlest spends ages gathering little stones at the lakeside, puts them on top of a barrel/buoy and asks big bro to leave them alone. big bro knocks them off. Littlest screams for you-know-who (that'll be me). When big bro is told off guess what he says.. he deliberately knocked the stones off because it makes a more interesting interaction than leaving them alone. aghhhhhhhhh! That'll be another glass of wine to calm me down then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.