Shipping companies

Old Oct 6th 2015, 2:13 pm
"Ignore Imbecile replies"

florida12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping companies

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No, that is not correct. Please take another look at my "either - or" post above. Your things can clear customs when your K-1 visa is still valid (90 days).
Understood! Thank you...
Old Oct 6th 2015, 2:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by florida12
Understood! Thank you...
You're welcome.
Old Oct 6th 2015, 2:36 pm

One more query on this.. as new info has emerged via email.. from a surveyor..
And I quote?

"I would suggest to pack and dispatch goods so that they arrive to US beginning of January the latest.

Standard customs clearance in the US takes approximately 7-10 working days, so we should be ok to clear customs before deadline runs out.

You will be able to still import after that period, but taxes and duties would be applicable."

Taxes and duties! After 24th Jan. How much am I looking at for this and Jan the latest. Gosh, that means I have to ship my worldy goods like latest mid next month!
Old Oct 6th 2015, 2:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

One more query on this.. as new info has emerged via email.. from a surveyor..
And I quote?

"I would suggest to pack and dispatch goods so that they arrive to US beginning of January the latest.

Standard customs clearance in the US takes approximately 7-10 working days, so we should be ok to clear customs before deadline runs out.

You will be able to still import after that period, but taxes and duties would be applicable."

Taxes and duties! After 24th Jan. How much am I looking at for this and Jan the latest. Gosh, that means I have to ship my worldy goods like latest mid next month!
He seems to be working on the opposite premise, that you are only eligible for the 3299 exemption while your K-1 is valid. That would be true for something like an L-1 which expired and then you are out of status and have to leave the US.

In the case of a K-1 you adjust from a K-1 to another status, that of a married permanent resident. ..... Tell them that and ask them to point to where in the US customs regulations it says that a permanent resident has to pay duty on their household chattles? Clue: it doesn't.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 6th 2015 at 2:51 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2015, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski
He seems to be working on the opposite premise, that you are only eligible for the 3299 exemption while your K-1 is valid. That would be true for something like an L-1 which expired and then you are out of status and have to leave the US.

In the case of a K-1 you adjust from a K-1 to another status, that of a married permanent resident. ..... Tell them that and ask them to point to where in the US customs regulations it says that a permanent resident has to pay duty on their household chattles? Clue: it doesn't.
I shall ask them as i am curious what their answer shall be! Haha. You've been a real help. Thank you. And thank you for 'De-stressing' me somewhat from all of this concerning info that i had been given.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 1:10 am

I shall ask them as i am curious what their answer shall be! Haha. You've been a real help. Thank you. And thank you for 'De-stressing' me somewhat from all of this concerning info that i had been given.
You're welcome, my pleasure. I hope all works out OK for you, ...... I am certain it will all be fine in the end.