Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Refuse to Vaccinate Your Child? Global Crackdown

Refuse to Vaccinate Your Child? Global Crackdown

Old Aug 7th 2017, 12:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Refuse to Vaccinate Your Child? Global Crackdown

Looks like some countries are going the mile to make sure that children get their required vaccinations.

The global crackdown on parents who refuse vaccines for their kids has begun
Old Aug 7th 2017, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refuse to Vaccinate Your Child? Global Crackdown

Originally Posted by Rete
Looks like some countries are going the mile to make sure that children get their required vaccinations.

The global crackdown on parents who refuse vaccines for their kids has begun

About time, just need the broccoli munchers here to catch up.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I was surprised of 2 of the 3 states with strict vaccine laws in the US, Mississippi and W Virginia. Good on them though.

Mississippi also has the highest rate of vaccination for grade K at 99%, not bad.

California appears to have closed most loopholes and is showing good results from it.

I don't think there needs to be fines, simply do not permit non-medical reasons to be exempt, vaccines will never be 100% there will always be people with allergies or other medical issues preventing one from getting them, but for everyone without a medical reason, vaccinate away.

Follow the lead of the 3 states mentioned across the nation.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 8:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I thought California really started cracking down and closing loopholes when whooping cough sprang up in that state and travel eastward and became epidemic a few years ago.

I currently reside in Mississippi and have 3 of my 4 grandkids here. They all have had their vaccinations. New York use to be very strict and actually I thought they still were. I know that you needed to have them vaccinated for school but I guess the scare about some vaccinations leading to autism made many parents stop getting the vaccinations and declaring that they didn't allow their children to get due to religious beliefs, etc. That grandchild is up-to-date on all jabs.

My husband has one dear friend in Alabama who has been paralyzed from grade school from polio caught in the 50's. How a parent could even think that the risk of their child contracting that disease by not vaccinating them is something I can't fathom. Or a young teenager becoming comatose because they caught meningitis is another thing that makes me wonder just where their thought processes have been fouled up.

I'm a senior now and I've all the necessary vaccinations during my formative years and have never had chicken pox, measles, mumps, etc. In fact, I don't think they had mumps vaccines back then. The only childhood disease I had was German measles.

Last edited by Rete; Aug 7th 2017 at 8:05 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

The vaccination rate here wasn't that great, then enough kids (two) at the elementary school got chickenpox that they excluded any children who weren't vaccinated.

Suddenly they all got vaccinated really quickly.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 9:23 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not anti-vaccination person, and I don't know whether there's correlation/causation between vaccinations and all the autistic kids there seem to be these days. Every other kid is "on the spectrum"... Very sad.

Anyway, here's a comparison between 1986 and today.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 9:35 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Oh lord. This awful chart appears eventually on every antivax site. Compare an apple to an orange. Compare your cell phone to one of 1983. Thank your lucky stars for modern medicine.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 9:50 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know enough about vaccinations and the claims/counter claims.
When I went through the green card process, I had to do my medical. I was surprised that I hadn't been vaccinated for chicken pox, measles, mumps, German measles... I had them all as a child. Think the only things I got vaccinated for were tetanus and the BCG/tuberculosis shot.

Anyway, I'm contrarian and when someone gives spiel about consensuses, I always raise a quizzical eyebrow. Remember that "milk makes strong bones" stuff we were fed as kids - it's bunk; propaganda paid for by milk marketers. It's a calcium leach... Although a very tasty one....

White Lies? Five Milk Myths Debunked | The Physicians Committee

Fluoride in the water... (dons conspiracy cap) is used to dumb down the population and keep us all docile and compliant. A Russian doctor who is now a dentist here in Colorado says it's a poison (it is) and he and his wife refuse to use it.

US Government Admits Americans Have Been Overdosed on Fluoride
Old Aug 7th 2017, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't believe milk can be linked to lung cancer. Milk has been around for centuries and I don't see lung cancer mentioned except with regards to smoking.

Who is this Dr Barnard?
Old Aug 7th 2017, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I don't know enough about vaccinations and the claims/counter claims.
Quite a few of the extra ones are boosters, we now know that either immunity decreases with time (which is why you need tetanus every 10 years) or that the booster pushes the immune system into the best reaction to the disease.

Some of the others are preventatives for things we couldn't fix before - Meningitis, Hepatitis B and Human Papilloma virus are the obvious ones. HPV causes cervical cancer and some other cancers too.

The influenza one ? I've had one flu jab - and caught the flu a week or so later.

Anyway, the additional vaccines reduce or eliminate your chances of dying from preventable causes. Is that bad ?
Old Aug 7th 2017, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steveq
Quite a few of the extra ones are boosters, we now know that either immunity decreases with time (which is why you need tetanus every 10 years) or that the booster pushes the immune system into the best reaction to the disease.

Some of the others are preventatives for things we couldn't fix before - Meningitis, Hepatitis B and Human Papilloma virus are the obvious ones. HPV causes cervical cancer and some other cancers too.

The influenza one ? I've had one flu jab - and caught the flu a week or so later.

Anyway, the additional vaccines reduce or eliminate your chances of dying from preventable causes. Is that bad ?
Yes, very from a population control perspective.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 10:25 pm
Peace onion

For the green card process, I had to get vaccinated for chicky pox, MMR etc, even though I've already had them. Most recent was Yellow Fever shot for Botswana, Tanzania and Kenya honeymoon.

I should look into getting a tetanus booster.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 10:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For the green card process, I had to get vaccinated for chicky pox, MMR etc, even though I've already had them. Most recent was Yellow Fever shot for Botswana, Tanzania and Kenya honeymoon.

I should look into getting a tetanus booster.
I think you can only get TDaP now.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken Pox didn't have a vaccine in my early childhood day's so I got to suffer through the disease, it was horrible, I still remember how bad it was.

I had meningitis of some sort as an infant at about a week old, almost died from it. I don't have any noticeable issues from it, but pretty certain I had some brain damage from it.

Last fall a study was done with grade K students in the region and apparently vaccine rates are too low to provide herd immunity in much of the region.

Vaccination rates too low for 'herd immunity' in most Vancouver-area schools, study finds - British Columbia - CBC News

Originally Posted by Rete
I thought California really started cracking down and closing loopholes when whooping cough sprang up in that state and travel eastward and became epidemic a few years ago.

I currently reside in Mississippi and have 3 of my 4 grandkids here. They all have had their vaccinations. New York use to be very strict and actually I thought they still were. I know that you needed to have them vaccinated for school but I guess the scare about some vaccinations leading to autism made many parents stop getting the vaccinations and declaring that they didn't allow their children to get due to religious beliefs, etc. That grandchild is up-to-date on all jabs.

My husband has one dear friend in Alabama who has been paralyzed from grade school from polio caught in the 50's. How a parent could even think that the risk of their child contracting that disease by not vaccinating them is something I can't fathom. Or a young teenager becoming comatose because they caught meningitis is another thing that makes me wonder just where their thought processes have been fouled up.

I'm a senior now and I've all the necessary vaccinations during my formative years and have never had chicken pox, measles, mumps, etc. In fact, I don't think they had mumps vaccines back then. The only childhood disease I had was German measles.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not anti-vaccination person, and I don't know whether there's correlation/causation between vaccinations and all the autistic kids there seem to be these days. [/URL]
There isn't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.