REAL CURRY!!!!!!

Old May 27th 2007, 2:58 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default REAL CURRY!!!!!!

Ooops, sorry couldn't resist shouting. But I've found it, the real curry recipe. And by real curry obviously I mean the one you get from a decent restaurant in the UK. Well, I said real not authentic!!

I got the recipe from here: www.curryfrenzy.com

Then I ordered their spices here: www.123curry.com

The spices came free delivery from the UK and are super fresh! I had to order the cardomom seeds here but everything else is included.

First you make the basic sauce, Massalla Gravy, which you use in all their recipes. You puree that.

Then you mix the spices and make the curry of your choosing, I chose Chicken Madras. Add the Massalla Gravy and leave to simmer.

I've added some pics of the Massalla Gravy cooking and the Massalla Gravy pureed and then finished product, Chicken Madras. It smells and tastes as good as it looks. And the house smells like takeaway night!
Attached Thumbnails REAL CURRY!!!!!!-img_3259.jpg   REAL CURRY!!!!!!-img_3262.jpg   REAL CURRY!!!!!!-img_3263.jpg  
Old May 27th 2007, 3:05 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: REAL CURRY!!!!!!

Now the only thing missing is getting drunk beforehand, and hurling a big chunky at the carpet around two in the morning....
Old May 27th 2007, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

I am so excited. My hubby works with and Indian lady and she has invited us over for dinner tomorrow! Hubby has been before (before I was in the US) he says she makes the best pakora ever!
Old May 27th 2007, 5:03 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

If it tasted half as good as it looks then it must have been a winner ...it looks fantastic ...
Old May 27th 2007, 1:04 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Now the only thing missing is getting drunk beforehand, and hurling a big chunky at the carpet around two in the morning....
That must be where I'm going wrong when I ate Indian food in the UK. I didn't get drunk and certainly did throw up.

... and coincidentally, I've just come back from going to lunch at an Indian buffet in drizzly Surbiton. They rotate the regional Indian cuisine each Sunday and today's food reflected the cuisine of Lucknow. Yummy!
Old May 27th 2007, 1:54 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
buffet in drizzly Surbiton. !
Ah Surbiton... I know a few nice brothels in that town ...
Old May 28th 2007, 7:00 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Ooops, sorry couldn't resist shouting. But I've found it, the real curry recipe. And by real curry obviously I mean the one you get from a decent restaurant in the UK. Well, I said real not authentic!!

The spices came free delivery from the UK and are super fresh! I had to order the cardomom seeds here but everything else is included.

First you make the basic sauce, Massalla Gravy, which you use in all their recipes. You puree that.

Then you mix the spices and make the curry of your choosing, I chose Chicken Madras. Add the Massalla Gravy and leave to simmer.

I've added some pics of the Massalla Gravy cooking and the Massalla Gravy pureed and then finished product, Chicken Madras. It smells and tastes as good as it looks. And the house smells like takeaway night!

thank you - added to my favourites
Old May 29th 2007, 2:21 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

It can't be healthy to be salivating over curry at 9.20 in the morning can it? *drool*
Old May 29th 2007, 5:45 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

PS - how long did delivery from UK take?
Old May 29th 2007, 8:13 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
PS - how long did delivery from UK take?
I ordered May 9th and it arrived 10 days later. I'm amazed that they offer free shipping to here from the UK. The prices on their site are very reasonable and the spices are so fresh they knock your socks off!
Old May 29th 2007, 8:20 pm
In Orange County, CA.

I ordered May 9th and it arrived 10 days later. I'm amazed that they offer free shipping to here from the UK. The prices on their site are very reasonable and the spices are so fresh they knock your socks off!
i am going to try this out whilst still here, there is a place in Sudbury that does something similar but i would have to drive over there and if postage is foc, why not!
Old May 29th 2007, 8:24 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

i am going to try this out whilst still here, there is a place in Sudbury that does something similar but i would have to drive over there and if postage is foc, why not!
This is the kit that I ordered.

http://www.123curry.co.uk/123curry/a...-spice-set.asp

It's fantastic because I've made tonnes of the basic sauce and can now put a curry together in no time. I made their Dhansak on Sunday. It was delicious. The only thing I did was add pineapple chunks to the recipe as they only mention pineapple juice. Was a great way to use up leftover pineapple.
Old May 29th 2007, 8:30 pm
In Orange County, CA.

This is the kit that I ordered.

http://www.123curry.co.uk/123curry/a...-spice-set.asp

It's fantastic because I've made tonnes of the basic sauce and can now put a curry together in no time. I made their Dhansak on Sunday. It was delicious. The only thing I did was add pineapple chunks to the recipe as they only mention pineapple juice. Was a great way to use up leftover pineapple.
bloomin' excellent prices too!
Old May 30th 2007, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

bloomin' excellent prices too!
+ free shipping!
Old May 31st 2007, 5:30 pm
sun lover

sambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby makes a Jamie Oliver curry 'Pete's Lamb Curry' although he makes it with chicken. He also makes a really good vindaloo

I only have to say we are having curry tonight, and we get about 6 other dinner guests turn up...................

Anyway, there is a good curry house in Scottsdale, called the 'Indian Paradise', they have 4 heat levels..........

Mild
Medium
Hot

and

British Hot.......

made me laugh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.