Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Queen Elizabeth - which waiver is she using?

Queen Elizabeth - which waiver is she using?

Old Sep 10th 2015, 6:34 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queen Elizabeth - which waiver is she using?

Originally Posted by VasyaV
For the US I (seem to have) found the exclusive list of reasons and none of them fits.
Why are you obsessed with this? HM's position is utterly unique, and nothing you can find is going to fit. She comes here by invitation, and it is all set up for her to just walk in. She doesn't need any visa, unlike lesser mortals.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

VasyaV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Why are you obsessed with this? HM's position is utterly unique, and nothing you can find is going to fit. She comes here by invitation, and it is all set up for her to just walk in. She doesn't need any visa, unlike lesser mortals.
I am obsessed with the immigration law as whole, and so far I was able to see that it was set up properly to handle even the unique cases, like those private bills (when the Congress issues a "law" designated to facilitate a sole person's case).
Old Sep 10th 2015, 6:54 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

I am obsessed with the immigration law as whole, and so far I was able to see that it was set up properly to handle even the unique cases, like those private bills (when the Congress issues a "law" designated to facilitate a sole person's case).
The Queen is a special case and the usual rules that everyone else has to follow don't apply to her. That's all you need to know.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 7:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Is this info needed for some sort of research, university course etc?
Old Sep 10th 2015, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

VasyaV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Is this info needed for some sort of research, university course etc?
No. I am a little old to go to university
Old Sep 10th 2015, 10:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

As a head of state Her Majesty would receive an automatic A-1 visa but since she doesn't possess a passport it's purely academic as there would be no passport into which to place the vignette or a passport number to link to an electronic visa.

As others have pointed out, she's the Queen, the normal rules don't apply.

Last edited by BritInParis; Sep 10th 2015 at 10:25 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 10:35 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Crg pointed out how this worked at great length when we were having an argument about I-94s in the REAL ID thread.

It is mentioned in the CFR that CBP can waive things like OBIM for certain foreign dignitaries, but technically they enter as A-1. Presumably they get paper I-94s given that they can't use the electronic I-94 website.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 10:36 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

You really do need to have a look at that REAL ID thread then.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-5...822451/page19/

Still interested after that?

Last edited by Steve_; Sep 10th 2015 at 10:39 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Bullshit! I'm 61, and I'm currently going to university working on another graduate degree. It sounds as though you're nothing but a "wanna-be".

Ian
Old Sep 11th 2015, 1:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously? I'm 52 and working on my undergrad degree. My dad was in his 70s and still studying.
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Bullshit! I'm 61, and I'm currently going to university working on another graduate degree. It sounds as though you're nothing but a "wanna-be".

Ian
What are you studying now Ian?
Old Sep 11th 2015, 3:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

She has to request and require on behalf of herself?
Old Sep 11th 2015, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
She has to request and require on behalf of herself?
"One requests and requires that one be allowed to pass freely without let or hindrance ..."
Old Sep 11th 2015, 10:51 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

She can just write herself a note.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What are you studying now Ian?
I'm working on a doctorate (EdD) in Educational Technology. Still have a couple more years to go!

ian
Old Sep 11th 2015, 12:34 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm working on a doctorate (EdD) in Educational Technology. Still have a couple more years to go!

ian
You will be coming to me demanding to know why the equipment isn't working / lab is on fire / intertubes are clogged. (I have distance learning labs here).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.