Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Playing the Constitution card.

Playing the Constitution card.

Old Apr 7th 2017, 8:27 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playing the Constitution card.

Originally Posted by kimilseung
What an absolute kant, a parting shot, coded accusation of putting my child in danger.
Well if you are stupid enough to believe that then your stupid enough to believe saying the Pledge of Allegiance is a threat to democracy and makes those who say it a bunch of ditto heads.

I'm not the kant here

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 8th 2017 at 3:12 am.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Originally Posted by kimilseung
What an absolute kant, a parting shot, coded accusation of putting my child in danger.
Well if you are stupid enough to believe that then your stupid enough to believe saying the Pledge of Allegiance is a threat to democracy and makes those who say it a bunch of ditto heads.

I'm not the kant here
I thought you said you were "done", so why are you still digging?

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 8th 2017 at 3:11 am. Reason: quotes
Old Apr 7th 2017, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thread has been forwarded to a Mr D J Trump c/o The Winter White House,
Mar-A-Lago, Fl, 33480.

I can see both sides of the argument so who is right or who is wrong or are they both right or wrong.
At the end of the day its an 11 year old child who will go on to change her mind about many things and one week she will want to be a doctor, the next month a lawyer and god forbid the next month a stripper.
Its what children do and they drive us mad. Sometimes we can reason with them and other times we can't. One step at a time.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 10:54 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Giantaxe;12224099][QUOTE=dc koop;12224067]

Last edited by dc koop; Apr 7th 2017 at 10:57 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 10:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Thread has been forwarded to a Mr D J Trump c/o The Winter White House,
Mar-A-Lago, Fl, 33480.

I can see both sides of the argument so who is right or who is wrong or are they both right or wrong.
At the end of the day its an 11 year old child who will go on to change her mind about many things and one week she will want to be a doctor, the next month a lawyer and god forbid the next month a stripper.
Its what children do and they drive us mad. Sometimes we can reason with them and other times we can't. One step at a time.

At least some strippers have no problem in reciting the pledge of allegiance
Old Apr 7th 2017, 11:08 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

What's the consensus on child preachers?

I've always found it to be creepy but a lot of people think it's just hunky dory. They're old enough to know their own mind, etc.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 11:09 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

At least some strippers have no problem in reciting the pledge of allegiance
Right. Because that's a common occurrence.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not irrelevant. She's just not old enough to realize how fortunate she is to live in a country like this. Maybe a year or two traveling abroad when she's old enough will open her eyes a little more,
I never quite understand this kind of statement.

Yes, living in the US means she probably has all the comforts and necessities of life but there are plenty of countries out there just as great to be brought up in. Why would traveling "abroad" open her eyes. It probably will, but not in a bad way.

There is no "best country in the world" they all have their own problems.

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 8th 2017 at 3:11 am. Reason: quotes
Old Apr 8th 2017, 12:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
It's not irrelevant. She's just not old enough to realize how fortunate she is to live in a country like this. Maybe a year or two traveling abroad when she's old enough will open her eyes a little more,

Yes, living in the US means she probably has all the comforts and necessities of life but there are plenty of countries out there just as great to be brought up in. Why would traveling "abroad" open her eyes. It probably will, but not in a bad way.

If you want to concentrate on the negatives then yes the US does have it's share of problems but on the other hand there's plenty of opportunity to better one's self. How many times have I heard immigrants, Mexicans especially say how poor their grand parents were when they came here years ago to work in citrus orchards and today their kids and grandkids are police officers, firefighters, lawyers, doctors, politicians. I can vouch for that when I came here from the UK over 40 years ago with 600 dollars in my pocket and today I own a large home, financially very comfortably off and with a secure retirement. America has been good to me and I've also found that in general Americans are very friendly hospitable people always ready and willing to lend a hand or help out where needed. If people want to sit out the national anthem or the Pledge and offend those who do not then I'm not one of them

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 8th 2017 at 3:10 am. Reason: qwoties
Old Apr 8th 2017, 12:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Leslie
Right. Because that's a common occurrence.
Statistics show (no pun intended) that any stripper whose a US citizen has no hang ups about swearing the Pledge
Old Apr 8th 2017, 1:19 am
WTF?

Jesus Christ people. Fix the quotes.
Old Apr 8th 2017, 1:35 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Jesus Christ people. Fix the quotes.
It is their 1st Amendment right to quote however they like.
Old Apr 8th 2017, 3:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by lansbury
I just trumped that.
Old Apr 8th 2017, 3:48 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Why would traveling "abroad" open her eyes. It probably will, but not in a bad way.
It certainly will. As Mark Twain said:

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Doesn't sound too bad if you ask me.

Originally Posted by lansbury
That only covers the content of the post, they should still be able to use the quote tags properly
Old Apr 8th 2017, 5:06 am
Banned

Try a stop off in the slum section of Manila or Rio. An eye opener if ever there was one.

Last edited by dc koop; Apr 8th 2017 at 5:09 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.