Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Playing the Constitution card.

Playing the Constitution card.

Old Apr 20th 2017, 5:03 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playing the Constitution card.

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Yes indeed; it was amusing to see our super-patriotic president having to be prompted as to what to do, as usual.
He was worried about where his Navy was. He wasn't sure if it was heading towards Australia or on it's way to North Korea
Old Apr 20th 2017, 5:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
He was worried about where his Navy was. He wasn't sure if it was heading towards Australia or on it's way to North Korea
Or he had no idea where his heart was.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 1:04 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
According to the first chart in the link I provided, it pretty consistently looks like over 75% of big city murders use a gun as the weapon. Just sayin'.
It is the most effective way to kill someone, and you can just pick one up at Walmart.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 1:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Or he had no idea where his heart was.
Or he was more concerned about whether his hairpiece was firmly attached.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

fakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond repute

I can't comment on Houston.
But the large swathes of New York, New Jersey, LA & Miami etc that were previously no-go areas with a murder rate the equivalent of the Balkans war (that is not hyperbole but fact - there were several periods in the early 90s where more people were murdered over a weekend in LA than in Bosnia) - these places are now rapidly gentrifying, desirable places where families choose to bring up their children.
As I said, I don't know about Houston - but as an example - in NYC & NJ - there are still some very violent areas - Camden NJ for instance is basically a no go area - but these are now small, localised & easily avoided - whereas 25 years ago that violence & mayhem was taking over and destabilizing entire major cities & metropolitan areas. The murder rate has been going down in New York for decades and is now maybe less than a quarter what it was (I think) and that is mostly concentrated in specific, very deprived areas.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

fakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond reputefakey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Or he was more concerned about whether his hairpiece was firmly attached.
Instead of worrying about his hairpiece he'd do better to concentrate on trying to pull his head out of his ass
Old Apr 20th 2017, 3:34 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

It's not irrelevant. She's just not old enough to realize how fortunate she is to live in a country like this. Maybe a year or two traveling abroad when she's old enough will open her eyes a little more
I was born in the United States and a citizen of two countries, with eligibility for a third.

I have spent a couple of years abroad in about 40 countries, including some in the developing world.

I suppose that qualifies me to say that you're full of crap. The school is violating the kid's rights, and that's all that matters.

Personally, I disagree with the kid. But I would see this as a teachable moment about citizenship, nationalism, etc., and it's nice that someone that young has some cognitive skills, unlike some of the adults who are posting on this thread.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 6:59 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

You appear to be overlooking the fact that the poster I replied to stated that I was "full of crap" before I replied in kind

Two wrongs don't make a right but please try to see the issue from both sides

I will however abide by the rules

Last edited by dc koop; Apr 20th 2017 at 7:03 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 7:08 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

You appear to be overlooking the fact that the poster I replied to stated that I was "full of crap" before I replied in kind

Is that an insult or not ?

I will however abide by the rules
Isn't the 'full of crap' more a reference to the content of your post(s), rather than a personal slight.

You seem to be very defensive lately, want to talk about it?
Old Apr 20th 2017, 7:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Isn't the 'full of crap' more a reference to the content of your post(s), rather than a personal slight.

You seem to be very defensive lately, want to talk about it?
Depends how you see it. Rather than someone who replies with the "full of crap" I would have preferred "You're all wrong about this" or something similar. I don't start arguments. Pay at least some respect to my opinions. Dismissing someone's views as "full of crap" implies arrogance on the part of the sender and best reserved for pub talk at the Saturday night booze up.

That's really all I have to say. If I think of anything further I'll send a letter to "Dear Abby"
Old Apr 20th 2017, 7:39 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Depends how you see it. Rather than someone who replies with the "full of crap" I would have preferred "You're all wrong about this" or something similar. I don't start arguments. Pay at least some respect to my opinions. Dismissing someone's views as "full of crap" implies arrogance on the part of the sender and best reserved for pub talk at the Saturday night booze up.
'Full of crap' is about as mild as it's possible to be as far as perceived insults go. Anyway, I didn't say it so I don't care at all if it was 'dismissive', 'arrogant' or anything else, that's someone else's problem and not mine.

You are incredibly self-righteous and you can take that however you like, it won't make it any less true.

That's really all I have to say. If I think of anything further I'll send a letter to "Dear Abby"
Yes, dear, you do that.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 8:12 pm
Banned

'Full of crap' is about as mild as it's possible to be as far as perceived insults go. Anyway, I didn't say it so I don't care at all if it was 'dismissive', 'arrogant' or anything else, that's someone else's problem and not mine.

You are incredibly self-righteous and you can take that however you like, it won't make it any less true.

Yes, dear, you do that.
Oooooooh you ARE awful. But I like you ! Bouquet of flowers and "lets be friends" card on the way.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 8:15 pm
I have a comma problem

Oooooooh you ARE awful. But I like you ! Bouquet of flowers and "lets be friends" card on the way.
Don't get all bloody soppy on me, now.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 8:30 pm
Banned

Don't get all bloody soppy on me, now.

Seriously though you are a funny guy and a pretty good poster overall so credit must be given where it's due.

I'm off for an afternoon's golfing and a beer or two at the club house afterwards.

I also promise not to get upset if my golf buddies tell me my game was a load of crap today. I've told them the same many a time.

BTW my eldest grand daughter is getting a hell of a good giggle from this exchange. She likes you too.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 8:34 pm
I have a comma problem

Seriously though you are a funny guy and a pretty good poster overall so credit must be given where it's due.

I'm off for an afternoon's golfing and a beer or two at the club house afterwards.

I also promise not to get upset if my golf buddies tell me my game was a load of crap today. I've told them the same many a time.

BTW my eldest grand daughter is getting a hell of a good giggle from this exchange. She likes you too.
I hope your eldest granddaughter is at least 12. My posts aren't always exactly 'child friendly'

Enjoy your golf. You can take solace in the fact that you will unlikely be as crap as I am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.