Planespotting

Old Feb 28th 2012, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planespotting

Originally Posted by cindyabs
This was my aunt, on the right

Barbara Kiernan Riggs (WG #19) earned her pilot's license in 1952 and her helicopter rating a few years later. She was a member of the Ninety-Nines and a helicopter test pilot. She competed in the Powder Puff Derby five times.
Very unusual!

I served with a couple of helicopter test pilots during my time in the Air Force (I was on a Chinook squadron. THAT's a big chopper!)...they weren't as good looking as your aunt (being blokes... 1 called Bod, the other called Digger...can't remember why)

Hats off to test pilots, especially back in the day...

Thanks for sharing
Old Feb 28th 2012, 1:44 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Very unusual!

I served with a couple of helicopter test pilots during my time in the Air Force (I was on a Chinook squadron. THAT's a big chopper!)...they weren't as good looking as your aunt (being blokes... 1 called Bod, the other called Digger...can't remember why)

Hats off to test pilots, especially back in the day...

Thanks for sharing

Thanks, she was quite a gal.
She was on TV back in the day-I've got a Secret and What's My Line. Her secret was when she was VP of the 99s, they bought a plane with 3 million trading stamps, . What's My Line was her being a helicopter test pilot.

Last edited by cindyabs; Feb 28th 2012 at 1:47 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 4:08 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
Said the Bishop to the Nun
I was going to say "Unless the nun was wearing a giant strap-on, shouldn't that be the other way round?". Then I remembered we were talking about a Bishop.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
I was going to say "Unless the nun was wearing a giant strap-on, shouldn't that be the other way round?". Then I remembered we were talking about a Bishop.
apparently that's OK now...
Old Mar 14th 2012, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Anorak time again. My office view on this beautifully clear and pleasantly warm South Florida morning, FDX832 A306 departing FLL for MEM...
Attached Thumbnails Planespotting-dsc00712b.jpg   Planespotting-dsc00714b.jpg   Planespotting-dsc00715b.jpg  
Old Mar 14th 2012, 2:44 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Anorak time again. My office view on this beautifully clear and pleasantly warm South Florida morning, FDX832 A306 departing FLL for MEM...
Nice! I like the atmosphere the clouds add to those shots, too.

I need to get down to O'Hare with my new lens some time soon.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 2:47 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

Maybe they have an airfix model of that one down at the hobby store, you could make!!
Old Mar 14th 2012, 2:48 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they have an airfix model of that one down at the hobby store, you could make!!
They probably do, and I would be more than happy to build it. Not quite the same as actually being there to take the pictures myself, though.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 2:49 pm
Life goes on.

They probably do, and I would be more than happy to build it. Not quite the same as actually being there to take the pictures myself, though.
I understand.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 2:51 pm
I have a comma problem

I understand.

Actually on certain days the departure path is right over our street so I need not even travel the 50 miles. Plus, I have that airfix Spitfire I got for Christmas I still haven't had the time to put together.

I live a full life, me ...
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

The early morning sun and clouds made the pics. It helps being close up too of course. The lens is the fantastic 16-80mm CZ Sony alpha one. Very recommended
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:29 pm
I have a comma problem

The early morning sun and clouds made the pics. It helps being close up too of course. The lens is the fantastic 16-80mm CZ Sony alpha one. Very recommended
Wouldn't do me a blind bit of good, mate - I shoot Pentax

Just picked up a 50-200 for an absolute song the other day - that should do the trick, especially given the O'Hare spotting locations aren't as close to the action as yours is ...
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:45 pm
Life goes on.

Wouldn't do me a blind bit of good, mate - I shoot Pentax

Just picked up a 50-200 for an absolute song the other day - that should do the trick, especially given the O'Hare spotting locations aren't as close to the action as yours is ...
Fck me!
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:47 pm
I have a comma problem

Fck me!
I'll politely decline ...
Old Mar 14th 2012, 4:51 pm
Life goes on.

I'll politely decline ...
I've invented a new word - "Anorakronistic".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.