Pet Peeves?

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

I remembered Kim's peeve of the licking pages yesterday. The woman in front of me in the supermarket line took down a magazine and licked her thumb to turn every page, except she didn't just turn it, but pinched each corner and creased it between thumb and forefinger. When she reached the end, she put it back on the shelf. She then paid by check, licking the thumb again as she went through the checkbook. Of course she also stood blocking the checkout while she got her thoughts in order over the next minute or so.

YUCK.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 12:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
They don't shine at all and being mostly black and quite high up, they're pretty hard to see on the roads and they like licking the salt on the side of the roads in winter, which isn't great. Hitting one will write your car off, unless it's brand new.
My dad was nearly killed when he hit a moose on the highway back in the 1970's. The car hit its legs and because they're so tall its body came up over the hood of the car and through the windshield. The car was a write off.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

I just came back from the grocery store where I bought 3 - 1/2 gallons of milk along with several other "heavy" products. Like a good girl, I took my own reusable bags (from Sainsbury's & competing stores here in town), asking the fellow who was sacking the groceries to use those. While keeping an eye on the checker to make sure the "on sale" products rang up right, I couldn't keep an eye on the sacker and he put all the heavy stuff in one bag! Now I am obviously definitely in the "senior citizen" category and it pissed me off royally that he packed the sack in such a way that I had a major problem getting it out of the cart and into the car. (I finally gave up and re-packed the stuff in the parking lot!) All I can say is, his day is coming.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 11:32 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
I just came back from the grocery store where I bought 3 - 1/2 gallons of milk along with several other "heavy" products. Like a good girl, I took my own reusable bags (from Sainsbury's & competing stores here in town), asking the fellow who was sacking the groceries to use those. While keeping an eye on the checker to make sure the "on sale" products rang up right, I couldn't keep an eye on the sacker and he put all the heavy stuff in one bag! Now I am obviously definitely in the "senior citizen" category and it pissed me off royally that he packed the sack in such a way that I had a major problem getting it out of the cart and into the car. (I finally gave up and re-packed the stuff in the parking lot!) All I can say is, his day is coming.
this drives me mental! I am so sick of having to repack everything. Sometimes I do it right there at the till. I try to pack as much as I can myself, but they get snotty about me doing that sometimes.
I take in about 20 bags with me. They fill up about 6 of them, and put things like an 8 pack of diet coke bottles just loose in the trolley. And then shove all the empty unused bags on top! Seriously? You couldnt have put that in a bag? I have 2 flights of stairs to climb when I get home.
And how many times do I have to say "Can you put the bottles in the bottle bag please?" Oh no, they'd rather have them smashing around in a bag with jars of pasta sauce. Effers.
Grrrrr. *shaking my fist*
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 12:53 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
I thought of you the other day Bob, when I pulled into the other lane to let someone onto the highway and they sped up and wouldnt let me back over. I remembered a rant of yours on here

Annoying isn't it
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 12:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My dad was nearly killed when he hit a moose on the highway back in the 1970's. The car hit its legs and because they're so tall its body came up over the hood of the car and through the windshield. The car was a write off.
Yeah, they're nasty and the amount of ticks they throw into the upholstery too...cars are generally written off.

FIL got hit by one which ran in the passenger side of his pick up truck. If the fact that it wasn't only just 3 weeks old, they'd have written it off That truck was doomed though because a deer charged into the drivers side a few weeks after the repairs
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 12:57 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Yeah, they're nasty and the amount of ticks they throw into the upholstery too...cars are generally written off.

FIL got hit by one which ran in the passenger side of his pick up truck. If the fact that it wasn't only just 3 weeks old, they'd have written it off That truck was doomed though because a deer charged into the drivers side a few weeks after the repairs
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 1:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Juswus
He now has a company pick up...partly because the two sites he's working are 82 and 95 miles away, but also because he has a knack of attracting the animals.

He had one pick up mauled by a bear trying to get at his lunch at work...wasn't to impressed having worked 12am-5am to go get his coffee to see a giant sized hole in the passenger side of the cab...the added insult was the bear had shat in the drivers side seat

Which leads to another peeve, he gets his petrol paid through work, who get it whole sale and it costs the company a smidge over a buck a gallon...wtf is that kind of mark up and taxes for general sale then.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 1:06 am
lush

Originally Posted by Bob
He had one pick up mauled by a bear trying to get at his lunch at work...wasn't to impressed having worked 12am-5am to go get his coffee to see a giant sized hole in the passenger side of the cab...the added insult was the bear had shat in the drivers side seat
LMFAO!!!
Old Dec 4th 2011, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

House insulation...

FFS if you're going to install something with the properties of "anti-insulation" (ok, I made that up for effect...) then please don't expect me to pay for the 'pleasure'...

If I wanted my heat outside of the house I'd have opened all the doors & windows... And swapped the heat for those lovely leaves the 'neighbour' at the back likes to have drop in my pool, and we could also enjoy the delights of the desert dust.... Hmmmmm, desert dust....

In fact, if I wanted this I could sell the doors and windows to help pay the gas bill...

Still, for what is essentially a very large 2 storey garden shed, the house is pretty comfy otherwise
Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bandages that are impossible to get out of the wrappers...because when I'm bleeding all over the floor like a menstruating cow, the last thing I want to have to do if fight the sodding wrapper.

Bandages which only stay on for a minute before falling apart.

How the little one can take two hours to eat a sandwich...and then four hours later still spit most of it out from her chipmunk cheeks.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 5:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Spray on Butter or other cans that are impossible to open, without breaking off the nozzle and making a mess....meh.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 1:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bob
Bandages that are impossible to get out of the wrappers...because when I'm bleeding all over the floor like a menstruating cow, the last thing I want to have to do if fight the sodding wrapper.

Bandages which only stay on for a minute before falling apart.
Having to have bandages on either the index or middle finger....makes it bloody hard to use the touchpad on the notebook and make pages scroll.

Damnit...bandages need to catch on like gloves and have that foil strip
Old Dec 6th 2011, 3:33 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Not so much a pet peeve but I don't understand the popularity per se of people's profile pic being that of themselves behind the wheel of their car, driving, taken from an offset angle?!?! ... Am I missing something?!?!
Old Dec 6th 2011, 4:45 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
Not so much a pet peeve but I don't understand the popularity per se of people's profile pic being that of themselves behind the wheel of their car, driving, taken from an offset angle?!?! ... Am I missing something?!?!
By the sound of it, you're missing out on being in a horrible accident. Unless you happen to approach a roundabout at the same time as someone taking a self-portrait in their car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.