Pet Peeves?

Old Sep 22nd 2011, 12:08 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

1.No turn lights used or indicators as us Brits call them.

2. Door bangers (hold the knob or handle and pull gently)

3.Remote control flickers leave the bloody channels alone not 30-40 flicks every 10 mins.

4.Folk that walk out of the bog and don't wash their hands

5.Seeing a woman with chipped nail polish.

6.Fat folk (with no medical condition) that tell you , you should not smoke or drink...but its OK to feed their face and rob every poor bastard at the buffet as they pile the damn plate up and increase their cholesterol

7.Folk that take food off my plate when I am eating " Umm that looks yummy" and in go the paws to taste test, keep your bloody fingers to yourself how do I know you are not a Number 4 culprit on my list!!

8.Parents that let their kids run around with snot hanging out their nose and openly recognize this but do nothing about it "let me introduce Janie and Johnnie" both stand there with friggen huge crusties or slim creatures hanging from their nose.....
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 1:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The new Kit Kat packaging...the plastic wrap is just plain shit...part of the fun was slicing through the foil with your finger nails
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Tricky one this. In NYC intending to cross on a crossing doesn't mean cars will actually stop. In say Seattle, a car half a mile away would probably start braking if you paused near one. In Italy you can hear them accelerate.
and in Eureka!!! It really amazes me!
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 1:26 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
1.No turn lights used or indicators as us Brits call them.

2. Door bangers (hold the knob or handle and pull gently)

3.Remote control flickers leave the bloody channels alone not 30-40 flicks every 10 mins.

4.Folk that walk out of the bog and don't wash their hands

5.Seeing a woman with chipped nail polish.

6.Fat folk (with no medical condition) that tell you , you should not smoke or drink...but its OK to feed their face and rob every poor bastard at the buffet as they pile the damn plate up and increase their cholesterol

7.Folk that take food off my plate when I am eating " Umm that looks yummy" and in go the paws to taste test, keep your bloody fingers to yourself how do I know you are not a Number 4 culprit on my list!!

8.Parents that let their kids run around with snot hanging out their nose and openly recognize this but do nothing about it "let me introduce Janie and Johnnie" both stand there with friggen huge crusties or slim creatures hanging from their nose.....
Yeah, I forgot about that one! That's nasty!

I have more:

- Bad breath.

- People that "double dip" their chips or carrot strips in the dip during the "appetiser".. (yes, poppy sort of covered that in number 7).

-People that cough or sneeze without covering their mouths.

-Infomercials.

-Bratty kids.

-Know-alls.. been there, seen it, done it, types.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 1:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid

-Know-alls.. been there, seen it, done it, types.
Good job there's no one like that on here then, isn't it?
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 1:59 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Good job there's no one like that on here then, isn't it?
Oh yes, a very good job indeed!
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Wood paneling. Hate it. Don't understand why every other house in the US seems to have at least one room dedicated to it...
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by nethead
Wood paneling. Hate it. Don't understand why every other house in the US seems to have at least one room dedicated to it...
Because it's so fashionable in the rest of the world, of course.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 3:32 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Because it's so fashionable in the rest of the world, of course.
That's right! I've heard it called europaneling..
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

People who, after they board the elevator, look directly at you hurrying across the lobby to the lift, ignore you, and push the “up” button anyway, closing the doors in your face.

Drivers who won’t “hang up and drive”!

Cashier’s who glare at you and deny their error when you point out they’ve given you too much change.

Wal-Mart

Mothers who gently chide their little monsters who are running amok by saying, “At least act like you have manners”, and carry on what they’re doing while they give you their best poor beleaguered smile.

Fast food employees who can’t seem to understand the spoken word, much less speak it intelligibly themselves.

Fast food employees who can’t get an order right – EVER!

Store staff who, fully aware of your presence and desire ask a question, carry on personal conversations, then make their displeasure with you apparent when you politely interrupt. And don’t know the store well enough to tell you where to find your item, much less try to help locate it.

People at the office who answer the phone and demand “Who’s calling” when the caller asks for another person. (The polite question should be, “May I tell her/him who’s calling?”)

Mad cows who, while chewing their cud, snap, crackle and pop their chewing gum – open mouthed.

People who don’t even try to whisper while carrying on extended dialogue with their companion(s) during a movie at the cinema.

Drivers who don’t make way to let an emergency vehicle with siren blaring and lights flashing pass safely.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 4:23 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

"highly-enunciating-almost whisperers"
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Juswus
"highly-enunciating-almost whisperers"
Are you talking Jason Statham, or Horatio from CSI Miami?
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 5:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Dramatic live news stories...of an accident that happened 10 hours ago and has been cleaned up...pre-recorded would have done, we don't need to see the poor chap being tortured having to be outside in some shit hole like Dorchester.

School buses which have to stop every 10 feet because the kids couldn't stand together on the corner...less of a problem in this town but it drove me batty in our last one.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 5:34 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Being asked to "wait to be seatted" in an empty greasy spoon.

Being treated like an imbecile when I have to have help, after being asked to take someones photo with their iphone.

Guy Fakes masks being called V for Vendetta masks

Having to explain what a shandy is/ Having to ask for a pint of beer, a pint of 7 up or similar and an empty glass.

Getting on a bus, paying, but not getting a transfer, because I am only getting one bus; going through the free ride area, so the bus changes from 'pay on entry' to 'pay on leave', so leaving me with no evidence that I paid.

Me asking for a McGriddle when I wanted a McMuffin.

The never ending battle with morning glory.

Incompetent Guiness pourers.

Not being able to just turn up at a camp site.

Not being able to cook in a tent when wild camping (bloody bears)

edit: Bobs bus point reminds me of another...
Bus stops right after a junction
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 5:38 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Are you talking Jason Statham, or Horatio from CSI Miami?
Frank Butcher.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.