Pet Peeves?

Old Mar 31st 2017, 4:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by mrken30
You got rid of the wife and kids? In the back yard?
Well the first four words are correct.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Other option is to throw kids into day care full time
Old May 3rd 2017, 5:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Rolls of kitchen wrap materials - foil, grease-proof paper and cling film. Why TF do you yank some of the sharply upward to tear off a length, and others sharply downward?
Old May 3rd 2017, 5:49 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Rolls of kitchen wrap materials - foil, grease-proof paper and cling film. Why TF do you yank some of the sharply upward to tear off a length, and others sharply downward?
Can you turn the box upside down to achieve the desired ripping direction?

I have to say, this is one I haven't given a lot of thought to. Just that cling film is a pain in the arse to use. Tin Foil FTW ...
Old May 3rd 2017, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Can you turn the box upside down to achieve the desired ripping direction? ....
Well I suppose you could but it's more a matter of not remembering/noticing where the metal tearing edge is, pulling out a length and yanking sharply, then wondering why the tearing edge is blunt!
Old May 3rd 2017, 5:56 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Well I suppose you could but it's more a matter of not remembering/noticing where the metal tearing edge is, pulling out a length and yanking sharply, then wondering why the tearing edge is blunt!
OK, I'm with you now. There's nothing quite like inconsistencies in design, eh?
Old May 3rd 2017, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't they all blunt anyway?

I remember when the tearing edge was a strip of serrated metal on the flap but they seem to have disappeared. Probably because some idiot got an 'owie' and sued the manufacturer.

Now we're left with a serrated cardboard cutting edge that's next to useless.
Old May 3rd 2017, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by chawkins99
Aren't they all blunt anyway?

I remember when the tearing edge was a strip of serrated metal on the flap but they seem to have disappeared. Probably because some idiot got an 'owie' and sued the manufacturer.

Now we're left with a serrated cardboard cutting edge that's next to useless.
All four rolls we have in use at the moment, including a roll of baking parchment, have a serrated metal strip on the edge of the box. .... Two are on the top edge, and two on the bottom!

Last edited by Pulaski; May 3rd 2017 at 6:39 pm.
Old May 3rd 2017, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

All four roles we have in use at the moment, including a roll of baking parchment, have a serrated metal strip on the edge of the box. .... Two are on the top edge, and two on the bottom!
Maybe it's just the cheap cr@p the missus buys then.
Old May 3rd 2017, 6:27 pm
I have a comma problem

All four roles we have in use at the moment, including a roll of baking parchment, have a serrated metal strip on the edge of the box. .... Two are on the top edge, and two on the bottom!
Putting it on the bottom, now that I think of it, is just plain daft as well. You're always going to pull at least a box-side's length more than you need just so you can rip it.

This is an obvious ploy by the manufacturers to make you have to buy more faster ...
Old May 3rd 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by chawkins99
Maybe it's just the cheap cr@p the missus buys then.
Maybe so. The cling film is Glad, the parchment and foil are Reynolds, only the GPP is store brand, and that is Kroger.
Old May 3rd 2017, 8:51 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

My roll of cling film from Costco has a sliding cutter - so much easier!

Like this:
Old May 3rd 2017, 8:56 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq

Like this: http://www.metaledge.com/images/Slid...%20clip-on.jpg
It still turns into an unusable ball in the next shot.
Old May 3rd 2017, 8:58 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
It still turns into an unusable ball in the next shot.
I was going to say the same. **** cling film and it's clingy ways. Tin Foil forever. Or freezer bags where appropriate.
Old May 4th 2017, 11:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq

Like this: http://www.metaledge.com/images/Slid...%20clip-on.jpg
I've had one of those for about 30 years...bought it from The Lakeland shop in Chester. One of the most useful things I've ever purchased.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.