Pet Peeves?

Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:23 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by nethead
I'm getting really really f#$@ed off with never having any money, please give us a break someone, it's seriously depressing.
I'm 100% with you there. What the hell is the point in going to work if you never have a bloody thing to show for it.

Oh aye, and they're not issuing paycheques again. As soon as I find a half decent job elsewhere I'm flicking the cnuts a v-sign, 'losing' some files and paperwork and letting them stew in their own juices.

Bastards.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:29 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I hate to say this but I agree with you bunch of poofs!
You? Agree with me? WTF?
That's almost enough to make my list of pet peeves.. "Poppy girl agreeing with me, and on a Monday too!"
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:29 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbours pussy is called "Winkie"
That's sort of arse about face, isn't it?
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
One should always be wary of using the suffix '-winkie' in connection with children. Even with the best of the most wholesome intentions, it can automatically make you look like the kind of bloke who keeps some wine gums in the inside pocket of a trenchcoat so he can walk around with no trousers on and 'offer you a sweetie' ...
... always be careful of sounding like you might be speaking from experience...
Got any wine gums, Sultan?
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
My husband used to work with a guy who always referred to children as 'kiddiewinkies'. He even used the term when delivering learned talks on paediatric topics
That's just plain weird. Cringey, even.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We know you call yours Foo Foo.
Now that was even funnier than the original comment!
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by nethead
I'm getting really really f#$@ed off with never having any money, please give us a break someone, it's seriously depressing.
I'd give you 2 bucks, but the bastards weren't throwing anything but dimes into my bucket this morning.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:36 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
... always be careful of sounding like you might be speaking from experience...
Got any wine gums, Sultan?

That was one my mate came up with ages ago - I always thought it was quite funny the thought he put into it.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:44 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but that might be the best sentence in the history of the written word
Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
...really??
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We know you call yours Foo Foo.
Yes chaps sad but true.....JG that's other type of kitty
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:44 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

You? Agree with me? WTF?
That's almost enough to make my list of pet peeves.. "Poppy girl agreeing with me, and on a Monday too!"
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:45 pm

That was one my mate came up with ages ago - I always thought it was quite funny the thought he put into it.
I have to admit, it's good one.

PS - I prefer the red ones, and you can keep the coat buttoned up.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:45 pm

Now that was even funnier than the original comment!
JG Just can't keep a secret
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:49 pm

JG Just can't keep a secret
Which is ok, we all benefit from that... Foo Foo.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Reversing out of a space at the grocery store yesterday, and looking all round, but view was partially blocked by a huge Chevy Suburban. Mother (not fit to be in charge of kids) with 2 young kids just walked right behind my vehicle. Luckily I have reverse warning and didn't hit them. Did she not see reversing lights ffs. I did roll down my window and called her stupid, although I could have added a few more choice words.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 100% with you there. What the hell is the point in going to work if you never have a bloody thing to show for it.

Oh aye, and they're not issuing paycheques again. As soon as I find a half decent job elsewhere I'm flicking the cnuts a v-sign, 'losing' some files and paperwork and letting them stew in their own juices.

Bastards.
So that's great isn't it! What are you supposed to tell you landlord, 'sorry I'm not writing rent cheques this month'?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.