Pet Peeves?

Old Jan 22nd 2017, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by PaulK
People who drive about with their fog lights on all the time.
If you are talking about rear fog lights, most American don't even know they exist. It's only the occasional European import that has rear fog lamps.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 7:57 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
If you are talking about rear fog lights, most American don't even know they exist. It's only the occasional European import that has rear fog lamps.
If the area that I live in is anything to go by, most Americans don't appear to know that front fog lights exist either.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 1:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
If the area that I live in is anything to go by, most Americans don't appear to know that front fog lights exist either.
Jags seem to have rear fog lights, and I think some Volvos and Mercs used to, but I don't know if the have in recent years, not that it matters because in my neck of the woods what passes for "fog" in the weather reports would only be "slightly misty" back in the UK - there were several days recently when the weather reports said it was "foggy", but visibility was probably half a mile or more on the highway and in town visbility was to the effective horizon.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Whereas down in deepest darkest Florida there is a tendency to switch their fogs on when they buy the vehicle and leave them on till the day they wreck/sell it. My brother-in-law couldn't understand why I wanted to know where the switch was located when I bought my Ford from him.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 4:59 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

I made a tongue in cheek post on my town's FB page one time, when it was foggy out and I was pissed off that nobody had their headlights on, let alone their fog lights. I put an image of the fog light symbol and explained how and when to turn them on.

Many people actually thanked me for sharing and said they hadn't previously known what that was for.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 5:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Whereas down in deepest darkest Florida there is a tendency to switch their fogs on when they buy the vehicle and leave them on till the day they wreck/sell it. My brother-in-law couldn't understand why I wanted to know where the switch was located when I bought my Ford from him. ....
I have never seen a Ford in the US that has fog lights, much less seen one driven with them turned on, even when I have visited Florida, and I own two Fords, so I am sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

PaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant futurePaulK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Whereas down in deepest darkest Florida there is a tendency to switch their fogs on when they buy the vehicle and leave them on till the day they wreck/sell it. My brother-in-law couldn't understand why I wanted to know where the switch was located when I bought my Ford from him.
Yep, same here in Oregon. $287 fine for improper use (which covers 99.9% of the use I see).
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Fog lights here in BC appear to most just to be extra head lights, it's rarely foggy yet you see fog lights all the time.

For the amount of rain we get, do wish people would turn their head lights on, day time running light don't cut it in heavy rain nor light the back of your car making your car difficult to see.

Our car has no fog lights and haven't had one that did.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I have never seen a Ford in the US that has fog lights, much less seen one driven with them turned on, even when I have visited Florida, and I own two Fords, so I am sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.
All the varying models of this do (and most of the pics show the blasted things on despite no fog ) ...
Old Jan 26th 2017, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Pet peeve: quarts. The most ridiculously and inappropriately used measurement. Nearly always used where pints or ounces would make far more sense.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Pet peeve: quarts. The most ridiculously and inappropriately used measurement. Nearly always used where pints or ounces would make far more sense.
Shortly after we arrived, I was driving a clapped-out old company mini-van which was losing oil.

Took it in for service and told them I had put nearly a gallon of oil in over the last couple of months.

His response: "What? 4 quarts?"
Me: "No. A gallon!"
Old Jan 27th 2017, 12:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The only time I ever hear anyone use quarts is when it comes to car oil. Can't recall ever using or hearing quarts used for anything else.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The only time I ever hear anyone use quarts is when it comes to car oil. Can't recall ever using or hearing quarts used for anything else.
Milk can be bought in quarts
Old Jan 27th 2017, 12:37 am
Account Closed

Milk can be bought in quarts
Guess I have been in Canada too long...lol

Milk is certainly not marked in quarts here.
Old Jan 27th 2017, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Recipes typically use quarts for anything larger than a couple of cups. One of my jugs only has markings on it for quarts - actually it is marked every half-quart!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.