Pet Peeves?

Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I had one done in pep-boys when I was getting new tyres as well though, and I think they only charged $20.00, which was nice considering I was spending $265.00 on tyres
Damn....your tyres are cheap.

That's another peeve....tyres that cost a fortune...and I'm not even talking about decent Nokian tyres, just crappy Coopers....and they last absolutely sod all time.

The fact that it costs $100 to switch a set of tyres over to winter tyres in MA, when it costs about $30 up in Maine...we don't bother with winter studs anymore, can't afford them either and they cost even more than regular tyres down our way, almost $200 a pop can FOAD.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:05 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Damn....your tyres are cheap.

That's another peeve....tyres that cost a fortune...and I'm not even talking about decent Nokian tyres, just crappy Coopers....and they last absolutely sod all time.

The fact that it costs $100 to switch a set of tyres over to winter tyres in MA, when it costs about $30 up in Maine...we don't bother with winter studs anymore, can't afford them either and they cost even more than regular tyres down our way, almost $200 a pop can FOAD.
That was for two. I thought it was rather expensive, actually
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
The dishes don't look any cleaner, not only is crap still found on the plates, other crap that does infact look like something that has climbed out of a toilet gets smeared over the things.

As for the cans....stupid ends don't fit into the cans and crushing them is a hassle, plus in our town dump, you slot cans into a tube thingy, much like with drink can recycling, so they can't be crushed.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Well, I got 5 out of the 14 - so I guess I'm off your list, huh? Oh, well, I'm probably at the top of somebody else's!
Oops - this was supposed to have been a reply to SOS - clicked on the wrong post/poster. So-rrrrrr-yyyyy.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:24 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Oops - this was supposed to have been a reply to SOS - clicked on the wrong post/poster. So-rrrrrr-yyyyy.
You quoted the quoter and not the quotee.

Is your 5/14 ones you agree with me on, or are you worried you met 5 of my peeve criteria? I wouldn't be too concerned, you're not even on my 'shit list' anyway
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Oh the day has only just begun...

Car battery registering a whopping 70 crank amps...when the car needs 500 in a cold start....and it's supposed to put out 590.....and being one month past the replacement warranty....exactly a month come Monday.

Someone using my tea mug for anything other than tea...and dropping it, it's metal, but now it's wonky and won't stand up straight.

That eeking dishwasher, again...what is the point of rinse aid anyone? I really could have just put the dishes in the toilet, taken a gigantic shit, flushed and still ended up with cleaner looking dishes.

Canned food....that can't quite stack properly....even worse when they're empty and you can't slide them into other cans, so taking up a huge amount of space in the recycling bin.
Try running CLR through the dishwasher a few times. Mine was 13 years old and wasn't cleaning properly...CLR sorted it out. You can buy it at most supermarkets.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

My dishwasher is really good, apart from being noisy as hell. Never have to rinse anything before putting it in, everything comes out clean as a whistle. Occasionally, a sharp knife will still have food stuck to it and I'll have to do it manually. My mother-in-law still insists on washing everything before putting it in the dishwasher though, even her brand new one.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:22 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
My dishwasher is really good, apart from being noisy as hell. Never have to rinse anything before putting it in, everything comes out clean as a whistle. Occasionally, a sharp knife will still have food stuck to it and I'll have to do it manually. My mother-in-law still insists on washing everything before putting it in the dishwasher though, even her brand new one.
Yeah I always wash stuff before putting it in the dishwasher. It's something you inexorably start to do when you get to a certain age, like joining AARP and taking an afternoon nap.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Try running CLR through the dishwasher a few times. Mine was 13 years old and wasn't cleaning properly...CLR sorted it out. You can buy it at most supermarkets.
We actually have some, got it for the shower...didn't think it would work on the dishwasher....but might give it a go, thanks
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:55 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
I have never EVER used the dishwasher that was in our house when we bought it. Noone believes me, but I hate them.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:56 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Juswus
I have never EVER used the dishwasher that was in our house when we bought it. Noone believes me, but I hate them.
I hate them too. We got one with our house as well and I used it a few times but it's shite. Takes too long and my cat could do a better job of washing them if you ask me.

Bloody thing crapped out and flooded our kitchen six months after we bought the place and I haven't been arsed getting it fixed since. Haven't looked back
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
We actually have some, got it for the shower...didn't think it would work on the dishwasher....but might give it a go, thanks
I used the one shown in the link...just in case you've got the spray one for the shower. Don't know if they are different.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:28 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Yeah I always wash stuff before putting it in the dishwasher. It's something you inexorably start to do when you get to a certain age, like joining AARP and taking an afternoon nap.
yes,
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I used the one shown in the link...just in case you've got the spray one for the shower. Don't know if they are different.
That's the one we've got...it was a mare getting the shower head to not tip over with the fluid in it

Giving the dishwasher a run through with the goop now, hope it fixes it and this can then be one peeve I could let go
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bob
That's the one we've got...it was a mare getting the shower head to not tip over with the fluid in it

Giving the dishwasher a run through with the goop now, hope it fixes it and this can then be one peeve I could let go
I ran it through 3 or 4 times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.