Pet Peeves?

Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Oil changes that cost $80...wtf?

My first oil change when we moved first to Maine was $17 seven years ago.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Short list today Bob...it must be a good day.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:36 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

$80.00??? What kind of car do you have?

It's never more than $30.00 for me down at the dealer. Which reminds me, I need one this weekend ...
Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
In no particular order:

- Excessively loud people
- Bad spelling/punctuation/grammar
- People who don't get irony
- Political correctness
- People
- Overly familiar strangers
- People who use all the bog roll and don't replace it
- Arse-lickers
- People who quote a 35 line post and respond with "" or the like. Such creativity.
- Prudishness
- Nosiness
- Republicans
- Self righteousness
- The fact that somebody will be pissed off by this post and will get all uppity and point out how horrible I am et cetera. It'll happen - mark my words.

That's a non-exhaustive list, actually. I'm a bastard and I like it
Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It's never more than $30.00 for me down at the dealer. Which reminds me, I need one this weekend ...

Hubby says he pays around a $100 for an oil change.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:48 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I thought you didn't need to change the oil any more? I seem to remember that was the standard advice from Car Talk...
Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:50 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Life!

Guests comming up for the weekend. Going to have a Guy Fawkes fire in the fire pit and barbecue for a few more guests tomorrow.

House is a mess; and I just can't be arsed right now. I dont want to go shoping and I don't want to clean house and I don't want be nice to guests; and top of the list I do not want to give them my beer.

Here is hoping I will have lost my misanthropnis after my own first beer.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AlienUk
Well, I got 5 out of the 14 - so I guess I'm off your list, huh? Oh, well, I'm probably at the top of somebody else's!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:23 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. I'm lucky. Maybe it is the fact that you can't swing a dead cat 'round your head in my town without hitting a 'lube pro' place, the dealers can be competitive.

I had one done in pep-boys when I was getting new tyres as well though, and I think they only charged $20.00, which was nice considering I was spending $265.00 on tyres
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. I'm lucky. Maybe it is the fact that you can't swing a dead cat 'round your head in my town without hitting a 'lube pro' place, the dealers can be competitive.

I had one done in pep-boys when I was getting new tyres as well though, and I think they only charged $20.00, which was nice considering I was spending $265.00 on tyres

You don't do it yourself?? It's a lot cheaper you know, and simple enough that even I have done it before under the instruction of my main man. Oil and new filter cost a lot less if you do it yourself..
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:51 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
You don't do it yourself?? It's a lot cheaper you know, and simple enough that even I have done it before under the instruction of my main man. Oil and new filter cost a lot less if you do it yourself..
I'm allergic to manual labour.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Short list today Bob...it must be a good day.
Oh the day has only just begun...

Car battery registering a whopping 70 crank amps...when the car needs 500 in a cold start....and it's supposed to put out 590.....and being one month past the replacement warranty....exactly a month come Monday.

Someone using my tea mug for anything other than tea...and dropping it, it's metal, but now it's wonky and won't stand up straight.

That eeking dishwasher, again...what is the point of rinse aid anyone? I really could have just put the dishes in the toilet, taken a gigantic shit, flushed and still ended up with cleaner looking dishes.

Canned food....that can't quite stack properly....even worse when they're empty and you can't slide them into other cans, so taking up a huge amount of space in the recycling bin.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:00 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Oh the day has only just begun...

Car battery registering a whopping 70 crank amps...when the car needs 500 in a cold start....and it's supposed to put out 590.....and being one month past the replacement warranty....exactly a month come Monday.

Someone using my tea mug for anything other than tea...and dropping it, it's metal, but now it's wonky and won't stand up straight.

That eeking dishwasher, again...what is the point of rinse aid anyone? I really could have just put the dishes in the toilet, taken a gigantic shit, flushed and still ended up with cleaner looking dishes.

But, would they actually have been cleaner, or just looked cleaner?

Canned food....that can't quite stack properly....even worse when they're empty and you can't slide them into other cans, so taking up a huge amount of space in the recycling bin.

Oh, for god's sake.. just take BOTH ends off, put both ends inside the can, then carefully tread on it till it's a nice flat package..
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Saab 95, stupid Aero has the oil pan over the cat convertor, so it needs synthetic oil or it sludges, which is what blew out our head gaskets the last time.

It's about $40 for regular oil...we probably could have got this done for $50 in Maine...but down here, it was $24 for the labour.

Doing it yourself doesn't save much, about $2-3 a quart, but then you can't chuck used oil in our town dump, which means paying for a guest permit in a neighbouring town, and then paying to dump the oil on top...so for a saving of only about $10 it just isn't worth doing it yourself around here.

Another peeve though, quick drive through oil changes, having you wait a while and still taking a good 30-40 to come and go...at least they topped up the screen wash.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:03 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Bob
Saab 95, stupid Aero has the oil pan over the cat convertor, so it needs synthetic oil or it sludges, which is what blew out our head gaskets the last time.
Ah, I see.

Mine takes whatever they bung in, it would seem. The only issues I have is that every two changes an o-ring needs replacing or the car pisses oil everywhere. They do it gratis though, which is always nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.