Pet Peeves?

Old Sep 16th 2016, 4:39 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I guess I used to just stuff myself at home
lol.
Calories are what matter anyway. Eat what you like, just keep it under or at your TDEE
Yeah, if they wanted that to happen, they wouldn't make the 'bad' food taste so good. I went on a health kick back at the start of the year.... finally ditching soda got my stomach back to being flat (I rarely drank coke in the UK and that also went out the window here). Still getting judged by the parents though. Once I finally sort out the employment side of things I'm going to join a gym so I can eat without shame and/or consequences(!). As Tina Fey said - My personal trainer calls it the death spiral, I call it living the dream.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Nor is it a cheque from the government.
I thought that was Giro, like Giro bank.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to order my Doner kebabs on Naan bread, which I think is a little thicker than the Gyro bread, so it wasn't much of an adjustment for me.
i used to order doner on naan also. I was excited when a place here started selling gyros on naan. Unfortunately the guy sold the business on 3 months later, no more naan.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 4:51 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
I thought that was Giro, like Giro bank.
Have you misplaced your sense of humour?
Old Sep 16th 2016, 4:52 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
lol.

Yeah, if they wanted that to happen, they wouldn't make the 'bad' food taste so good. I went on a health kick back at the start of the year.... finally ditching soda got my stomach back to being flat (I rarely drank coke in the UK and that also went out the window here). Still getting judged by the parents though. Once I finally sort out the employment side of things I'm going to join a gym so I can eat without shame and/or consequences(!). As Tina Fey said - My personal trainer calls it the death spiral, I call it living the dream.
There isn't really any 'bad' food. Food is just food, it isn't inherently 'good' or 'bad' or otherwise, it's the amount of it we eat that's good or bad. If someone was really, really dedicated, they could gain 50 lbs eating nothing but broccoli if they wanted to. Actually, most of the simple carbs I eat on days where I'm not just not caring about what I eat comes from apples. I can happily eat six of those little bastards in a day and not even blink. That's (on average) 780 calories and 204g of carbs right there, from apples ! I've cut down to about 2 a day now, but sometimes I have more. I love apples.

I joined a gym too in January - caveat there, it allows you to eat more in a day before you hit your TDEE, but it won't necessarily make you lose weight, either. In fact, depending on what exercises you do, you might gain some weight as you build muscle. However, it will improve your fitness, which is a benefit above and beyond the weight loss. Even carrying around the 50+ lbs extra that I am, I can run 3 miles with relative ease when in January I could barely manage 400 yards.

Off topic there, sorry!
Old Sep 16th 2016, 4:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Calories are what matter anyway.
Joules are more scientifically sound.
..... Off topic there, sorry!
And how exactly is love of doner kebabs on topic in the Pet Peeves thread.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 16th 2016 at 5:01 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 4:59 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Joules are more scientifically sound.
Yes, they are. Also, if I use kilograms, my weight looks smaller

And how exaclty is love of doner kebabs on topic in the Pet Peeves thread.
I don't know. Stop making me think, it's Friday ...
Old Sep 16th 2016, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have you misplaced your sense of humour?
I forgot gyro is the American way of spelling giro.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 5:01 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Off topic there, sorry!
The last 4ish pages have been off topic! As we've discussed everything from fast food, pronunciation and parental judging. And that's just me.

Steering back -
Pet Peeve, Family members that leave the toilet seat up.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 5:06 pm

... Pet Peeve, Family members that leave the toilet seat up.
We have cats - so the lid is always kept down. For me seat up v seat down is irrelevant when the bigger issue is WTF don't people (like my FIL ) just close the effing lid?
Old Sep 16th 2016, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We have cats - so the lid is always kept down. For me seat up v seat down is irrelevant when the bigger issue is WTF don't people (like my FIL ) just close the effing lid?
How does the cat go to the toilet if you leave the seat down. Thats unkind.

Old Sep 16th 2016, 6:47 pm
I have a comma problem

How does the cat go to the toilet if you leave the seat down. Thats unkind.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1WjF4LlW3L.jpg
Look at the smug face on that cat on the box.

"I'm shitting in your toilet now, bitch"
Old Sep 16th 2016, 6:49 pm

How does the cat go to the toilet if you leave the seat down. .....
Before the universal "lid down" rule was implemented, we had a couple of unfortunate, and rather messy incidents to deal with. One of our kittens was lucky that he didn't drown!
Old Sep 16th 2016, 6:52 pm
Sasstronaut

We have to keep the bathroom doors shut. No messy incidents to speak of - but a guarantee of one of the puppies running through with about 20 feet of toilet paper trailing behind.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We have to keep the bathroom doors shut. No messy incidents to speak of - but a guarantee of one of the puppies running through with about 20 feet of toilet paper trailing behind.
I didn't know they sold Andrex in the US

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.