Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 12th 2011, 1:12 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

You got to live on a corner for this one to annoy.

People who put up poster, placards whatever for lost cats and yard sales on lamp posts and don't take them down leaving them to slowly rot away.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 3:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
While I'm on a run...

Lanes that are only for left or right turns, but don't have a sign saying so till you get up to the traffic light....serious, what arsehole thought that was a good idea leaving people stranded trying to get over at the last second in busy traffic.

Arseholes...and it seems to be all over the place here in the neighbouring town and coming into it from the other side now, I don't know those roads so don't realise till it's to late.

Whilst talking turns, when you're waiting to turn left on the road, folks getting all arsey having to wait behind you....bugger off.

As bad, those folks who go around you, running the pavement, because the two seconds wait would have killed them.

Motorbikers who avoid those cars by going around you on the left side, getting arsey with you when you're about to turn...this has happened twice this week...knobends.

The police not bothering to enforce the no texting law, because they can't be arsed, mainly because people can still dial a phone, so that's the excuse...so no one gets done for texting and driving in this state and it's a major problem. Knobcheeses, the cops and the texters.

Wow Bob, you're scaring me We've locked the Harley in the garage until you calm down
Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kimilseung
You got to live on a corner for this one to annoy.

People who put up poster, placards whatever for lost cats and yard sales on lamp posts and don't take them down leaving them to slowly rot away.
You don't have to live on a corner for this one: politicians' campaign workers who leave the pols' banners to 'slowly rot away'!! All over the neighbourhood.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Bob I thought you were a very easy going laid back kinda guy...until you opened this thread.
Yeah, it looks like we've got Larry David on this forum or something. **Curb your Enthusiasm reference.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 1:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
You don't have to live on a corner for this one: politicians' campaign workers who leave the pols' banners to 'slowly rot away'!! All over the neighbourhood.
I thought they had to be taken away within 24 hours after voting day or face a fine?

They do up in Maine and pretty sure in Mass too at least.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I thought they had to be taken away within 24 hours after voting day or face a fine?

I think they get 7 days around here, but think it varies between townships.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob

In Mass. they definitely do. I remember though, I was in a good part of Nashua and they still hadn't removed some signs 2 months on. I think it 'becomes' the house owner's responsibility.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob

Depends on whether or not you have sloppy enforcement of the rules. There are laws about the signs, but nobody does anything about it - in spite of the letters to the editor in the newspaper and the callers-in to the radio talk shows. The place is loaded with jobsworths!
Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:45 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't ploughed through all 14 pages to see if this has been mentioned, but . . . I'm driven mad by TV commercials that say "Fred and Mary owed an extremely large amount of taxes, but we were able to whittle it down to almost nothing and enable them to continue to live their extravagant lifestyle" (picture of smiling yuppies entering oversized SUV). Grrrr!
Old Oct 12th 2011, 7:25 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Garbage Trucks.

I get that you have a hard thankless job to do, and I can wait for a few seconds while you deal with someones bins; but when for the sake of a foot either way, you can keep all the traffic moving, park that truck the extra foot along.

Oh and thanks for taking those manky looking plastic drinks bottles that some meth-head chucked in our garden and I put in the garbage, thanks for taking it out of the garbage and implying that I should take it in my house, wash it and put it in the recycling.

Last edited by kimilseung; Oct 12th 2011 at 7:28 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 8:42 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Garbage Trucks.

I get that you have a hard thankless job to do, and I can wait for a few seconds while you deal with someones bins; but when for the sake of a foot either way, you can keep all the traffic moving, park that truck the extra foot along.

Oh and thanks for taking those manky looking plastic drinks bottles that some meth-head chucked in our garden and I put in the garbage, thanks for taking it out of the garbage and implying that I should take it in my house, wash it and put it in the recycling.
Shame on you for not recycling.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 8:45 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Wow Bob, you're scaring me We've locked the Harley in the garage until you calm down
Old Oct 12th 2011, 9:02 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Garbage Trucks.

We get the same; beer bottles and plastic drink bottles chucked out of the car as they drive by. Strange to say, also chucked out of the buggy.. Amish people litter too, and I have a feeling some of the young lads jettison the containers before they get home so their parents don't see what they've been wasting their wages on.

I'm lucky, I have a stream bisecting my yard. I immerse recyclables in there, retrieve them later and chuck them in recycling.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Garbage Trucks.

You might need to bury the drinks bottles further down the bin. On the same note, bl**dy neighbours across the street. Their newspapers/flyers for recycling often land in our garden on even a slightly breezy day. Why the fluck can't they put something heavy on top of the papers to stop that happening.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 12:29 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
You might need to bury the drinks bottles further down the bin. On the same note, bl**dy neighbours across the street. Their newspapers/flyers for recycling often land in our garden on even a slightly breezy day. Why the fluck can't they put something heavy on top of the papers to stop that happening.
you could use 'em for lasagna gardening!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.