Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 9th 2011, 5:02 pm
Banned

The Grey Area has a brilliant futureThe Grey Area has a brilliant futureThe Grey Area has a brilliant futureThe Grey Area has a brilliant futureThe Grey Area has a brilliant futureThe Grey Area has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

I get a five o'clock shadow at noon and my face turns into #1 coarse sand paper around three. Late in the day I can't even kiss my wife on the cheek without her getting a red blotchy spot where I smooch her up. It's very irritating for her and frustrating for me. So I hate shaving twice a day
Old Oct 9th 2011, 6:07 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Talking of, in a similar vein.

Crap disabled parking spots, either situated right beside a huge bush so folks who need them can't get out, or, putting the parking spot right in front of the door, but not having the ramp to be able to get over the pavement hump...or worse, not having automatic doors.

What was worse was one of the T stops in Boston, the parking was right by the pay slots but the ramp to get to the pay slots went to the back of the thing and as the slots went in numerical order, with the lowest at the top, anyone in a wheel chair just wouldn't stand a chance of reaching the slot to pay for the parking...okay, perhaps not the best choice of words

Another peeve, parking spots reserved for people with little kids that have a little extra space, bit like the disabled parking spots... Arseholes without kids parking in them.

Seeing a row of motorbikes parking in a row of parking spaces, one each...why can't they pair up and fill one spot? Arseholes.
Are you talking about those 55 year old biker with their scaggly little ponytail sticking out of the back of their bandana which hides the bald patch on top, while they drive the bike they had retrofitted with loud pipes to make them feel like they were 18 again?
The reason they like a space each is the same as the reason they expect everyone to give way to them when they pull out in front of a car in traffic.. arrogance.
My peeve? The "Watch Out For Motorcycles" bumper stickers, they should actually read "Watch Out For Idiots On Motorcycles"
Old Oct 9th 2011, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Are you talking about those 55 year old biker with their scaggly little ponytail sticking out of the back of their bandana which hides the bald patch on top, while they drive the bike they had retrofitted with loud pipes to make them feel like they were 18 again?
The reason they like a space each is the same as the reason they expect everyone to give way to them when they pull out in front of a car in traffic.. arrogance.
My peeve? The "Watch Out For Motorcycles" bumper stickers, they should actually read "Watch Out For Idiots On Motorcycles"
So over 55's aren't supposed to ride bikes???

How about the idiot drivers who ignore motorcycles, there are plenty of them on the road. One that pulled out in front of our friend who is now still recovering nearly 3 years on (driver also had NO insurance). Most 55's and over that we ride with are very experienced riders, also very courteous.

Don't tar everyone with the same brush
Old Oct 9th 2011, 10:49 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
So over 55's aren't supposed to ride bikes???

How about the idiot drivers who ignore motorcycles, there are plenty of them on the road. One that pulled out in front of our friend who is now still recovering nearly 3 years on (driver also had NO insurance). Most 55's and over that we ride with are very experienced riders, also very courteous.

Don't tar everyone with the same brush
Did I say that? I'm all for everyone having a spell riding a bike, maybe it'd make some people more aware of them.

I'm not tarring everyone with same brush.. just the ones I mentioned, and I think a lot of them have a chip on their shoulder... to go with the scraggly ponytail.

I'm actually a biker myself, (ok, in cooler weather) although mine's a Yamaha "sport bike", which I know a lot of Harley owners look at with distain, even though it'd leave them behind in a trail of smoke before they even get out of 1st gear.

I see way too many idiot bikers that seem to think other road users owe them something, and truth is, they don't. That gives bikers a bad name for being stupid, because a lot of them are. The way I look at it is that when you're on your bike you have to drive more defensively than when you're in a car... not follow the car in front 3 feet from his tailpipe because he's doing the speed limit. So yes, my peeve about the bumper sticker stands, and I feel I have a right to say it.

Last edited by paranoidandroid; Oct 9th 2011 at 10:51 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 12:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Did I say that? I'm all for everyone having a spell riding a bike, maybe it'd make some people more aware of them.

I'm not tarring everyone with same brush.. just the ones I mentioned, and I think a lot of them have a chip on their shoulder... to go with the scraggly ponytail.

I'm actually a biker myself, (ok, in cooler weather) although mine's a Yamaha "sport bike", which I know a lot of Harley owners look at with distain, even though it'd leave them behind in a trail of smoke before they even get out of 1st gear.

I see way too many idiot bikers that seem to think other road users owe them something, and truth is, they don't. That gives bikers a bad name for being stupid, because a lot of them are. The way I look at it is that when you're on your bike you have to drive more defensively than when you're in a car... not follow the car in front 3 feet from his tailpipe because he's doing the speed limit. So yes, my peeve about the bumper sticker stands, and I feel I have a right to say it.

A Sport bike.............

M's rebuilt 1985 Yamaha Maxim XJ700 might leave you in a trail of smoke, but that might be because he'd burned out
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
A Sport bike.............

M's rebuilt 1985 Yamaha Maxim XJ700 might leave you in a trail of smoke, but that might be because he'd burned out
I actually hate the stupid term "sport bike" that they use over here to describe them.. "crotch rocket" sounds even worse. Both those terms sound wanky.. but hey ho. Who cares, I'm not trying to make a statement like the "loud pipe-scraggy ponytail brigade. I rode a bike at home and I ride one here, no big difference really.. except that I don't have to put on thermals under my leathers when I ride it in the "winter".

Last edited by paranoidandroid; Oct 10th 2011 at 11:57 am.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 8:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Brita Filter Pitcher or Ice cube trays, when emptied, being put back in the fridge without being refilled.

Back in student days, the milk thieving arsehole who would put the empty bottle back in the fridge...or when stealing the food would put the empty packets back in the fridge.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 8:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Brita Filter Pitcher or Ice cube trays, when emptied, being put back in the fridge without being refilled.

Back in student days, the milk thieving arsehole who would put the empty bottle back in the fridge...or when stealing the food would put the empty packets back in the fridge.
Bob I thought you were a very easy going laid back kinda guy...until you opened this thread.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 9:41 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Bob I thought you were a very easy going laid back kinda guy...until you opened this thread.
Yeah and then it's fuss, fuss, fuss, face, face, face. Bob Fussface,
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well it won't be the kids, it's presumably not you so I'm guessing the wife is in serious trouble? I'd have thought that was a guy thing but obviously not.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:36 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Well it won't be the kids, it's presumably not you so I'm guessing the wife is in serious trouble? I'd have thought that was a guy thing but obviously not.
He probably wants to punch the person
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:40 pm

No, that's the leaving the toilet seat up, not hanging the towel properly and forgetting to put the lid back on the toothpaste.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I let it build up and boil over...you should see the basement, there's a reason it's unfinished
Old Oct 12th 2011, 12:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Not just the missus that one....it seems universal, the in-laws, my mother..everywhere I go I'm always finding empty ice cube trays...probably why fridges now come with ice making features
Old Oct 12th 2011, 1:01 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

While I'm on a run...

Lanes that are only for left or right turns, but don't have a sign saying so till you get up to the traffic light....serious, what arsehole thought that was a good idea leaving people stranded trying to get over at the last second in busy traffic.

Arseholes...and it seems to be all over the place here in the neighbouring town and coming into it from the other side now, I don't know those roads so don't realise till it's to late.

Whilst talking turns, when you're waiting to turn left on the road, folks getting all arsey having to wait behind you....bugger off.

As bad, those folks who go around you, running the pavement, because the two seconds wait would have killed them.

Motorbikers who avoid those cars by going around you on the left side, getting arsey with you when you're about to turn...this has happened twice this week...knobends.

The police not bothering to enforce the no texting law, because they can't be arsed, mainly because people can still dial a phone, so that's the excuse...so no one gets done for texting and driving in this state and it's a major problem. Knobcheeses, the cops and the texters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.