Pet Peeves?

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:14 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Sometimes. I'm sneaky now because once upon a time I'd just unscrewed the lid when some shop girl came up behind me and shouted "what you doin'?" in my ear and I jumped so much I sloshed some of the liquid on the floor and of course was forced to pay for the now half empty bottle in my hands.
I left the bloody cleaning up for her to do though.

When my daughter was younger, she was safely ensconced into a supermarket trolley seat but still managed to knock a bottle of vinegar onto the floor where of course it smashed. I was all ready to apologise when some git faced manager waltzed straight up to me and demanded I pay for damages.

His attitude made my apology fly out the window so I started arguing that a minor was not responsible for low shelf damages and that surely they must expect some.

He turned into a bastard so I became a bitch and after recognising that no reasoning was to be done I grabbed my child, left my shopping and walked out.

Most Italian mammas grovel and apologise profusely although I did not know this then. I wasn't prepared to grovel over a 45 cent bottle of vinegar and in my naughty frame of mind I was happy for the whole store to stink of frigging vinegar.

The grovelling and the apologies means that Italian customer service has never moved forward in any kind of store (except perhaps Ikea) and we don't get any customer service.
That sounds woefully unpleasant.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:20 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That sounds woefully unpleasant.
I once bought myself a pair of leather, strappy and flat sandals and told the shop lady I'd keep them on my feet, stick my old shoes in the carrier bag and walk home in the new ones. I only had a 5 minute walk.
By the time I got over the bridge and the slight incline, one of the straps had broken away from the sole.
First thing next day I took them back.
Shop lady said,

"Well it's you. You must walk crooked!"
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:21 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
"Well it's you. You must walk crooked!"

I mean, I admire the creativity, but that's mental!
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:24 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing

I mean, I admire the creativity, but that's mental!
I know - I'd never heard the like in my life. It took a whole lot of persuading her to take them back ... and even then she wouldn't exchange them but said she'd send them back to the manufacturer.

In the end I did the job mysef with superglue.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Dog owners who don't pick the shit up after their new best friend has done the biggest curly one in history...

We have 4 small dogs who between them could keep the Republican campaign inshit for eternity given all the crap that comes out of the little darlings... Amazing... Must have a TARDIS for an arse...

Anyway, apart from giving the rest of us dog owners a bad name, they're a potential source of disease... Kids play there FFS and I hear that distemper is really bad here in the Valley at the moment.

Also - houses with lots of sq feet that achieve 'bigness' and therefore a $50k premium by just wasting it... Don't architects, er, 'architect' or what ever the verb form is?
Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:57 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Dog owners who don't pick the shit up after their new best friend has done the biggest curly one in history...

We have 4 small dogs who between them could keep the Republican campaign inshit for eternity given all the crap that comes out of the little darlings... Amazing... Must have a TARDIS for an arse...

Anyway, apart from giving the rest of us dog owners a bad name, they're a potential source of disease... Kids play there FFS and I hear that distemper is really bad here in the Valley at the moment.

Also - houses with lots of sq feet that achieve 'bigness' and therefore a $50k premium by just wasting it... Don't architects, er, 'architect' or what ever the verb form is?
We have a St Bernard well it's my room-mates but holy mackerel even a elephant would strain it's self the size of them stools
Old Feb 5th 2012, 11:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Huh?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 12:28 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Pet Peeves?

I took our dustbin down to the street a couple of days ago as the binmen were coming.

I went out for a couple of hours and as the binmen had been and gone, I went to put the lid on the bin and take it back up the drive.

Then I spotted a pink plastic bag at the bottom of the dustbin. Someone had surreptitiously deposited their dog's extremely smelly poop in my empty bin - and it must have been a large dog by the size of the bag. Obviously the dog owner was too lazy to walk the dog a little bit further to chuck the poop bag into the public bins at the train station or park, just a couple of blocks away from my house. Grrrrrr!!!

It's not the first time this has happened either
Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Huh?
Example: we saw 14 model homes this afternoon. one made really good use of it's space. Several others were over 800 sq feet more in area, had same number of rooms, features etc... Were in same area, but cost $50k more. We found ourselves wondering what to do with those spaces... Lots of area where you just couldn't put useful furniture in there, or use the space for an office or hobby area...

Other peeve? The auto correct on my iPad.... STOP deciding what I am trying to say... Who are you anyway - Steve Jobs?!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I took our dustbin down to the street a couple of days ago as the binmen were coming.

I went out for a couple of hours and as the binmen had been and gone, I went to put the lid on the bin and take it back up the drive.

Then I spotted a pink plastic bag at the bottom of the dustbin. Someone had surreptitiously deposited their dog's extremely smelly poop in my empty bin - and it must have been a large dog by the size of the bag. Obviously the dog owner was too lazy to walk the dog a little bit further to chuck the poop bag into the public bins at the train station or park, just a couple of blocks away from my house. Grrrrrr!!!

It's not the first time this has happened either
Ooh I hate that
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:16 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Other peeve? The auto correct on my iPad.... STOP deciding what I am trying to say... Who are you anyway - Steve Jobs?!
Yes that iPad thing is unbelievable. I turned it off on our iPad but I think my wife must have turned it back on.. another reason to have one each
Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Driving into Worcester.

Worcester.

It is a princely shitter....it's not even able to excel and be a king shitter as it at least doesn't have tolls.

A cut back hairpin to get onto I-295 is a great idea.

King canute.

Having to drive back later today, in time for school buses, because whoever was going to take the missus back wasn't able to make that meeting last minute.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You should see mud season around here....when all the snow banks melt, the roads are flooded with floating dog turds that people just left in the banks during winter

And those big houses, they're funny...often empty and you'd mistake the owners car for the cleaners or something, because they're now too broke to fill the place up with anything now they've bought a McCardboard mansion.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 3:07 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
You should see mud season around here....when all the snow banks melt, the roads are flooded with floating dog turds that people just left in the banks during winter

And those big houses, they're funny...often empty and you'd mistake the owners car for the cleaners or something, because they're now too broke to fill the place up with anything now they've bought a McCardboard mansion.
Yes isn't it funny, the dog turds after the thaw look fresher than the day they were extruded. Nice & soft too, in case you accidentally tread in one.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of

My main one right now is being asked where I'm from 30 times a day. I work in a Grocery Store. Most of the people are just genuinely happy to be talking to an English person. Then there are the ones that overstep the boundaries. It goes a little something like this...

Person: Where are you from?
Me: England
Person: How long have you lived in the US?
Me: This will be my third year
Person: What are you doing here? Are you a student?
Me: No, my husband is from here
Person: How did you meet your husband?

And at this point I start to seethe a little inside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.