Pet Peeves?

Old Sep 21st 2011, 1:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pet Peeves?

So what things really get on your goat?

The little one shouting "Are we there yet?" Multiple times. Even if we're a minute from the apartment and she knows were we are, it's getting to the point where she might seriously be put up for adoption

Cyclists, not using any lights at night time....your already a target during the day. Arseholes.

People standing around a zebra crossing and not actually intending to cross the road...seriously, arseholes, there's hardly any of the buggers, so why stand by one?

Chavs ruining the Burberry Cap. Arseholes.

Moving...and calling UHaul for a truck, told there's one in town, when they mean A town, 15 miles away. We're using Budget this time and booking online is equally as shit.

Whilst talking about moving, how the weather is always shit when we're moving. It's expecting to be cold and wet this weekend. Brilliant. At least it isn't going to be a massive winter snowy blizzard of doom, nor the hottest sun stroke will kill you summers kind of day such as our previous moves.

Utilities, which can't be switched on during the weekend...knob heads, just automate the computer to switch it on, FFS....because we can't switch it on on the Friday without disconnecting it at our current place without paying extra connection fees etc, etc, which would be free on Monday, but as we're moving into the new place on Saturday, I'd rather not be without power over the weekend....you are complete utter spanktardlymuntishpishtardedknobjockingly shit, local power company.

Charity Shops, who get all snippy about accepting donations...I'm looking at you, Salvation Army of shitness...oh you don't accept board games? These clothes don't match? Puzzles are a no? Lets look at what you're selling at the moment? Yes, piles and piles of utter crap...so take this shit and be grateful, you knobheads.

Crap benevolent charity funds for the police and fire brigade, calling constantly for donations...I don't live in your town you shit stick and your website says in the small print that the local service will receive 10% of donations as the rest are operating costs...well I'll give them my cash instead and you can save the money by not calling me.

Recruiters. Enough said there, surely.

Realtors, while we're at it and again, enough said there.

Adding to the list, Insurance company of shitness...ours still haven't managed to get our current address corrected on their stupid system and we're moving to another place this weekend....FFS, we have had our agent get in touch, we've spoken over the phone, we've even returned the stupid letter for a change of an address....12 months later, it's still the wrong one.

I better walk away now or I might pop a nut while I'm on a run here.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

That's quite a long list there Bob

I'm too depressed trying to look for somewhere to live in MA that will take a family with kids and that is affordable to come up with anything at the moment
Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for all the crap you appear to be going through Bob. Moving is a complete pain.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:35 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
That's quite a long list there Bob

I'm too depressed trying to look for somewhere to live in MA that will take a family with kids and that is affordable to come up with anything at the moment
I hear ya...way to depressing isn't it...least you don't have massive dogs, or it'd be a real night mare

Oh, our landlord also emailed today asking when would be a good time on Saturday to do a walk around and get her keys back.

I stupidly said a sensible 5pm should be good, give us time to vacuum and mop the floors etc.

Should have said 11.59pm...because our lease says we have till midnight...we're moving a couple miles across town and she lives 20 miles away
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:01 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

In no particular order:

- Excessively loud people
- Bad spelling/punctuation/grammar
- People who don't get irony
- Political correctness
- People
- Overly familiar strangers
- People who use all the bog roll and don't replace it
- Arse-lickers
- People who quote a 35 line post and respond with "" or the like. Such creativity.
- Prudishness
- Nosiness
- Republicans
- Self righteousness
- The fact that somebody will be pissed off by this post and will get all uppity and point out how horrible I am et cetera. It'll happen - mark my words.

That's a non-exhaustive list, actually. I'm a bastard and I like it
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
In no particular order:

- Excessively loud people
- Bad spelling/punctuation/grammar
- People who don't get irony
- Political correctness
- People
- Overly familiar strangers
- Arse-lickers
- People who quote a 35 line post and respond with "" or the like. Such creativity.
- Prudishness
- Nosiness
- Republicans
- Self righteousness
- The fact that somebody will be pissed off by this post and will get all uppity and point out how horrible I am et cetera. It'll happen - mark my words.

I'm wondering why you don't have full stops on all points being as you have initial capitals?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

LCotts will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob
complete utter spanktardlymuntishpishtardedknobjockingly shit, local power company.
Probably the best comment I have ever read in a forum. I literally laughed out loud. I totally agree though, why they can't just get more of it automated is beyond me.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 12:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LCotts
Probably the best comment I have ever read in a forum. I literally laughed out loud. I totally agree though, why they can't just get more of it automated is beyond me.
It's called a Bobbism.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 1:14 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

In no particular order:

- Arse-lickers

-
Wouldn't they cancel each other out??
Old Sep 21st 2011, 1:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

- People

Those two are good additions to the list
Old Sep 21st 2011, 1:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by LCotts
It's a shame, because other wise, they are actually not to bad, pretty quick at repairing power outs at least, unlike NStar who were rubbish.

Though the website is a throw back to geocities and you have to go in person to their office in town to open an account, none of it can be done over the phone or online.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 2:21 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'm wondering why you don't have full stops on all points being as you have initial capitals?
You raise a fine point. I believe, being a list, that they are optional but mainly it's because it was well after midnight and I probably forgot
Old Sep 21st 2011, 2:41 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

You raise a fine point. I believe, being a list, that they are optional but mainly it's because it was well after midnight and I probably forgot
I think you are right, the items in such a list are not sentences so don't need full stops.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 2:42 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by robin1234
I think you are right, the items in such a list are not sentences so don't need full stops.
I don't hear that often!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 2:44 pm
Heading for Poppyland

I don't hear that often!
Mind, I only said "I think.."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.