Pet Peeves?

Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:57 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Leslie
Yeah, but I have one who bitches and tattles because other people are on Facebook ... yet somehow their work gets done and hers doesn't.
People facebooking when they're at work, that peeves me too.
People talking loud on their mobiles.
People asking if I'm Australian.
People at the checkout in a supermarket or shop, who ask "can I just cut in front of you.. I only have this and I'm in a hurry".. answer, I'm in a hurry too, in case you care.
People who mumble to you while their back is turned and wonder why you have to ask them to repeat everything. No, I don't have Superman's hearing.
Fox News.
Oprah Winfrey. Doctor Phil, and all those other clowns.
TV judges.
Biggotry.. it's alive and well in Florida.
Using being "born and raised in the south" as an excuse for biggotry, and racism.
Ignorance of foreign affairs.

There's plenty more.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:58 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
I'd like to respond to all this, because you know that really need my input, (I know you'll make an exception for me) but to be honest.... I'm just far too busy today. I think I have some kind of tropical virus that I got in the rice fields too, from when I was spying on the Chinese earlier in the month.
BTW, Don't bother trying to stab me, I have a 24 hour personal FBI bodyguard.
Have a nice day, and draw your blind, there's a 48" infrared scope that's looking in your window.

(ironic smilie)
Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:58 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
If I were to post a list of the things that pissed me off about other drivers, we'd be here all week

The misuse of indicators is a big one though, not just those who don't use them, but the ones who leave them on on a road with a series of off-streets, and you don't know which bloody one (if any) they are going to turn down!

Gahhh! I look at these people and wonder - out of 1,000,000 sperm they were the fastest
You, of course, are the best driver on the road? Aren't we all?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:59 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

People facebooking when they're at work, that peeves me too.
People talking loud on their mobiles.
People asking if I'm Australian.
People at the checkout in a supermarket or shop, who ask "can I just cut in front of you.. I only have this and I'm in a hurry".. answer, I'm in a hurry too, in case you care.
People who mumble to you while their back is turned and wonder why you have to ask them to repeat everything. No, I don't have Superman's hearing.
Fox News.
Oprah Winfrey. Doctor Phil, and all those other clowns.TV judges.
Biggotry.. it's alive and well in Florida.
Using being "born and raised in the south" as an excuse for biggotry, and racism.
Ignorance of foreign affairs.

There's plenty more.
Good one. I hate their livers and intestines.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

For about 6 years I have been inviting a Brit friend of ours over for a curry, maybe every 6 weeks or so. He says I make the best lamb bhuna this side of the Hudson, which is flattering. However on the way out of the door he thanks my husband for having a wife who can make a proper curry. I know this remark is supposed to be funny, ironic, but......next bloody time I will put laxative in his lamb bleeding bhuna and hope he has run out of loo paper.

Slugs.
Wasps.
Chelsea supporters.
Depressed alcoholics.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:04 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I bet if they'd a nice arse you'd let them in.

You, of course, are the best driver on the road? Aren't we all?
Inside towns, built up areas and school zones I am an exemplary driver - I don't want to run over someone's child, dog, cat, granny or whoever. Other than that my only real bad habits are speeding on back roads and a tendency to swear out my window at people who stop at the first non-disabled space in a car park and wait there blocking the whole aisle while some old lady tries to put 300 bags in the boot of her Geo Metro (or other car with a tiny boot).
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Cyclists on a walking/cycling path that don't have a bell or other device to warn that they are coming from behind you. If the dog darts in front of them and tips them off, sorry, didn't hear you coming. Some cyclists do say "on the left" which is helpful.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:15 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

People who start threads about which chuffing queue they stand in at the airport when there's been eighty three other threads about the exact same thing started in the last twenty minutes FFS.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

People who only post when they want something...then bugger off until the next time.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:19 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joto
Cyclists on a walking/cycling path that don't have a bell or other device to warn that they are coming from behind you. If the dog darts in front of them and tips them off, sorry, didn't hear you coming. Some cyclists do say "on the left" which is helpful.
Cyclists on the chuffing pavement instead of the road.

Cyclists cycling two chuffing abreast down the road oblivious to the cars behind them.

The child-safety-obsessed in our town who insist on having a geriatric crossing guard on every chuffing corner and having school buses pick up every child individually off their own doorstep yet have no problems with their kids using a public road as a chuffing playground with their skateboards and shit.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:20 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
People who only post when they want something...then bugger off until the next time.
Well it's ok for you - you can just delete them.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:21 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like my son . . .
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:24 pm

I bet if they'd a nice arse you'd let them in.
I had to think about that... the answer's still "no". If I have a lot of stuff at the supermarket, and I see the person behind me has 2 items, I'll often offer them to go in front of me. Of course that's backfired when they accept, and then proceed to wait until the cashier tells them the amount before they wade through their pockets for change, or worse produce a chequebook, and handwrite a cheque out which takes them forever. If I don't offer, you're not getting in front.

Inside towns, built up areas and school zones I am an exemplary driver - I don't want to run over someone's child, dog, cat, granny or whoever. Other than that my only real bad habits are speeding on back roads and a tendency to swear out my window at people who stop at the first non-disabled space in a car park and wait there blocking the whole aisle while some old lady tries to put 300 bags in the boot of her Geo Metro (or other car with a tiny boot).
We're all better drivers than anyone else.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:25 pm

Sorry about that.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:26 pm
Septic Sprout

I had to think about that... the answer's still "no". If I have a lot of stuff at the supermarket, and I see the person behind me has 2 items, I'll often offer them to go in front of me. Of course that's backfired when they accept, and then proceed to wait until the cashier tells them the amount before they wade through their pockets for change, or worse produce a chequebook, and handwrite a cheque out which takes them forever. If I don't offer, you're not getting in front.
And, more to the point, you'd have to let them in before you could judge the quality of their arse. Maybe you could let them in conditionally with some sort of get-out clause.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.