Parkers of Buffalo.

Old Jan 12th 2018, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

plasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parkers of Buffalo.

We get our pork pies and steak and ale pies from Parkers, it's dam good stuff and this week we ordered another supply. 6 pork pies, 6 steak and ale pies, 6 king size sausage rolls, 12 packets of Quavers and 12 of Walkers cheese and onion. Because it was over a certain amount the shipping was free but we were offered the option of expedited shipping for an extra fee to get the shipment here by the 12th, we chose to just go with free shipping and guess what ? ..... The goods arrived here on the 12th anyway.

Don't pay extra for expedited shipping LOL
Old Jan 12th 2018, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parkers of Buffalo.

I used to get stuff from Amazon long before the 4-6 days or whatever the standard free shipping was - one literally 24 hours after ordering it appeared on my doorstep. Since then they seem to have tightened up and only pick and pack the goods on day 4. But now we have Prime anyway.

Interesting to know about the quality from Parkers. Maybe I'll give them a go.
Old Jan 12th 2018, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

plasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond reputeplasticbag_uk has a reputation beyond repute

The quality is good, I have just eaten a pork pie and my missus is currently tucking into a steak and ale pie with mash and Bisto gravy :P
Having bought goods from them in the past I can tell you the Melton Mowbray recipe pies are the best.
Old Jan 13th 2018, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

We got loads of their stuff for Christmas and it was all good except the Stilton pork pie which was a bit odd.

Best Christmas present ever.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 6:39 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I bought some of their pork pies once, I thought they had too much gelatin in them personally and not enough meat. In Alberta there is someone who makes pork pies, never been able to pin down who but you can buy them at various shops. They have crappier pastry (because it's been frozen) but they're better generally speaking.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

I made a delivery to a bakery near Fall River RI a year ago and stopped at a pie shop I saw and asked for some pork pies, I bought 4 and they were nothing like an English pork pie :P
Old Jan 21st 2018, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone tried the fish and chips?
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I had the fish and chips last order. Fish was good, chips were a bit dry but overall still better than most fish and chips we have tried here. (Apart from an Irish fish and chip shop worth the 30 min drive - Oh My Cod) Kids LOVED the battered sausage and didn't complain about the chips so will get that again too.
Old Jan 27th 2018, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

I have been told that the fish and chips sold fresh fried in the shop are really good. I often park my truck for the night at a truck stop just outside Buffalo and have asked if they deliver ? ..... They don't
Old Jan 29th 2018, 3:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Anyone tried the fish and chips?
Friends recently got them and said they were the only disappointing thing shipped. The chips didn't seem to reheat well and the fish became claggy. Looked great though.