OT: Taxes are Done

Old Feb 5th 2001, 8:55 pm
Betastar

After many posts here seeking help, I feel very obligated to give a very big thanks to all
who helped me and made me aware of some of the tax rules-and-regs and forms out there for
us to use this year.

I spent all day Saturday doing our taxes (and I mean all day!) but I am fairly certain
we've got them right now, and we're quite happy with the results. (Arnaldo thinks taxes
are HIGH here? Ha! He should face the 50% Reinhard was being taxed in Austria!)

Anyway, rather than give all the details etc. here, I've put them up on a rough web page,
to be found at: http://home.nc.rr.com/hopperger/taxinst.html

Hopefully this can help others, as well.

Betastar

--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.

The Smartest Thing I've Done In A While (other than my taxes)
http://home.nc.rr.com/hopperger/Wedding/

Old Feb 6th 2001, 2:42 am
mjones

(...post about taxes...)

>Anyway, rather than give all the details etc. here, I've put them up on a rough web page,
>to be found at: http://home.nc.rr.com/hopperger/taxinst.html

Its really good. I'd take the moving expense adjustment as well. Its as if your hubby
moved back to the US to another good paying job. Remember, IRS doesn't care that he moved
here on a marriage based visa. When in doubt, take the money. Its yours. But you can
always do more study and file an amended return. Also, if there is an IRS office near you,
you can go in person and show them *ze papers* and ask them if you did it right. Mike

Old Feb 6th 2001, 12:33 pm
Betastar

Its really good.

Thank you everyone! =) It feels so good to be able to really contribute something back to
this group. I get so much from so many of you.

> I'd take the moving expense adjustment as well. Its as if your hubby moved back to the
> US to another good paying job. Remember, IRS doesn't care that he moved here on a
> marriage based visa. When in doubt, take the money. Its yours.

Ahhh - we did the opposite. The moving expenses thing said you can take them if they were
for your job, which this wasn't. Small home-office businesses get audited often, and we
figured we'd rather avoid that.

> But you can always do more study and file an amended return. Also, if there is an IRS
> office near you, you can go in person and show them *ze papers* and ask them if you did
> it right.

THIS is a WONDERFUL idea and we're going to do this! =) And we can ask them about the
moving expenses then, too. =))))

Betastar