Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: Tax Id Number turnaround time with the IRS

OT: Tax Id Number turnaround time with the IRS

Old Jan 27th 2002, 2:00 am
G Meyers

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a Tax ID Number from the IRS when you mail
in your W-7?

Thanks!

Old Jan 28th 2002, 1:35 pm
Hotpots

G Meyers <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >

No idea, I filled mine on the 7th January, and still waiting.

Old Jan 29th 2002, 10:10 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

G,

It took 2-1/2 months for the IRS to issue my stepson's ITIN last year. I mailed the W-7 on 12 January and received the ITIN notice on 28 March. The notice was dated 20 March.

If you haven't yet applied, and you need the ITIN for a year 2001 tax return, I recommend that you get moving without further delay.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by G Meyers
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a Tax ID Number from the IRS when you mail
in your W-7?

Thanks!
Old Jan 30th 2002, 12:21 am
Just Joined

ghost47882 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G

HI I am having my taxes done and the IRS will give my husband a SS# just for tax purposes. She is going to fax the W-7 in to the IRS and they said it would take about a week for me to get it.
Old Jan 30th 2002, 2:01 pm
Hotpots

Hey,

I don't suppose that you have got or can get the fax number where you need to
fax your W7 ?

It would be a big help.