Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: life is tougher for bachelors in US

OT: life is tougher for bachelors in US

Old Dec 15th 2001, 2:03 am
Debbie Barfield

Okay, if you want to keep it going, )

I am the USC in my relationship, we met online. So the first attraction was mental.
Luckily, the in person worked out for us as well.

I had no problem with your description of your lifestyle. As the Don Henley song
says..."I don't care what kind of car you drive" .

But I could NOT get past your "skid marks in the undershorts".

LOL

Debbie

Old Dec 15th 2001, 11:12 am
Just Joined

mothergoose is an unknown quantity at this point

You women have opened my eye's to an interesting point I had never considered. Meeting someone on the web sort of forces a person to jump past the intial attraction phase. My method happen to be thru letter's and phone calls, but not much different than e-mail. Obliviously I was attracted to my fiancee's photo and her bio but the woman I fell in love with is the one who entered my life thru only mere words and thoughts. I wonder what might have happened had our first contact been in the market or someplace.
To answer Di regarding my ex and the money issue. For me it became a bomb I did not want to ignite. It got to the point that we could not have a reasonable discussion about being more conservitive with money without having a nasty battle. I may have been able to live with the money issue but I could not deal with her drinking and messing with drugs. End of story!
Anyway I am most interested in further thoughts regarding this thread. I leave for my second visit to Russia soon and I have purchased new undershorts (black) as I don't want my fiancee to know what a crude person I really am. She is saving a bug in her kitchen for me rescue her from.
Old Dec 15th 2001, 12:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you were using pepto bismol you should be wearing brown shorts if you don't want obvious skid marks !!!

Rita
Old Dec 16th 2001, 9:08 pm
Whit

I disagree with that article. I find the quantity of available women in this country
to be beyond suffucient. It is the quality that is disappounting.

Whit

Old Dec 16th 2001, 11:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

If that is so, then explain why so many foreign men, from first world nations even, are marrying American women.

Geez!

Rita
Old Dec 17th 2001, 1:31 am
Andrew Defaria

Rete wrote:

>
    >

Perhaps the women in their countries are even worse !

Old Dec 17th 2001, 1:36 am
Boff Dupa

Andrew DeFaria wrote in message
    >
    >
    >

then why are so many U.S. men marrying those women?

Old Dec 17th 2001, 1:50 am
Exyz

>
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Perhaps the women in their countries are even worse ![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
Because the women in the US are marrying foreign men?

Old Dec 17th 2001, 3:30 am
Andrew Defaria

boff dupa wrote:

>
    >
[usenetquote2]>> Perhaps the women in their countries are even worse ![/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Hmmm... The perception I get from this group is that American men are marrying "those
women" in the less than 1st world countries.

<html> <head> </head> <body> boff dupa wrote:<br> <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email protected] "> Andrew DeFaria wrote in
message<br> <blockquote type="cite">Perhaps the women in their countries are
even worse
    >
</blockquote> <!---->then why are so many U.S. men marrying those women?<br>
</blockquote> Hmmm... The perception I get from this group is that American
men are marrying "those women" in the less than 1st world countries.<br>
</body> </html>

--------------080701010404020403010406--

Old Dec 17th 2001, 3:34 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future
Default informal poll

This whole thing about more men marrying women from Russia, Phillipenes and the like- well I don't see husband services advertised for blokes from these countries ;-)...

Regarding who's marrying who from 1st and 3rd world countries and whether more women marry more men from 1st world countries and more men marry women from 3rd (or at least 2nd world countries)
I'll start the poll- if we get a good response, we'll give this thing it's own OT branch, yes??
Here goes:
1.) F- USC- M- UKC
Old Dec 17th 2001, 5:14 pm
Ranjini

Here's my input:
(1) F - Sri Lankan citizen (2)M - USC Is that ok? Ranjini

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 17th 2001, 7:41 pm
Di Martin

Ok mine or should I say ours if Female - Australian Citizen ...... Male- USC

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 17th 2001, 10:49 pm
Exyz

Here's mine

F - US M- NL

Old Dec 17th 2001, 11:28 pm
Kacey

F-USC - M-German Resident (Turkish Citizen by birth) Female USC is 5 years older than
he btw. (referencing earlier debate about age)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Dec 18th 2001, 12:03 am
Betastar

F - US Citizen M - Austrian

11 years difference between us, he's older in years, younger at heart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.